Sep 26, 2019, 05:19 PM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyindy
By using one of the wires (with the connector) that came with the AR7350 you can get flight pack voltage if you are flying electrics - connect just the red wire to the balance port positive on the lipo. I am using an iX12 TX and have it report voltage to me every 30 seconds. You also get a lead for temperature with the 7350.
Be sure you get the right wire. The SPMA9570 cable is for older the older Rxs like the AR7350. The SPMA9570A cable is for newer "T" type Rxs.
Don
to remove ads between posts
Sep 26, 2019, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
Be sure you get the right wire. The SPMA9570 cable is for older the older Rxs like the AR7350. The SPMA9570A cable is for newer "T" type Rxs.
Don
If you purchased the 7350 from HH it would have come with the proper cable.
Sep 27, 2019, 03:38 PM
Maybe a dumb question, but I have the e-flite T-28 1.2 that I crashed the other day. I’m rebuilding with a new T-28 fuselage and wings. Can I just move the Ar636a to as close as I can get it in the new plane, or is their programming involved?
Sep 27, 2019, 03:55 PM
65 years of RC flying
Just make sure you mount it securely in exactly the same position and orientation as in the old model. No programming needed.
Sep 27, 2019, 04:30 PM
Thanks Daedalus66,

I figured, hoped, that was the case.

Jim
Sep 27, 2019, 08:48 PM
This may be a dumb question but out of curiosity i will ask. When i first started the hobby i had a plane that had a non AS3X rx or any stabilization of any kind that would fly nice and level if you held any constant speed but as soon as you would advance the throttle the plane would always start to climb. My question is if i had that same plane today with AS3X activated would the AS3X keep the plane level as i advanced the throttle ?
Sep 27, 2019, 09:03 PM
FPV'r
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3arljam
This may be a dumb question but out of curiosity i will ask. When i first started the hobby i had a plane that had a non AS3X rx or any stabilization of any kind that would fly nice and level if you held any constant speed but as soon as you would advance the throttle the plane would always start to climb. My question is if i had that same plane today with AS3X activated would the AS3X keep the plane level as i advanced the throttle ?
no
AS3X is to correct for wind...it is not a self leveling feature.
AS3X is not SAFE.
SAFE is self leveling..
Sep 27, 2019, 09:12 PM

Sorry double post
Sep 27, 2019, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ror1
no
AS3X is to correct for wind...it is not a self leveling feature.
AS3X is not SAFE.
SAFE is self leveling..

Thanks
Sep 28, 2019, 06:21 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3arljam
The answer is yes and no, depending on the aircraft design. My 1.2M E-flite Spitfire came with the AR636A Rx. It comes with a built-in THR>ELE mix. Below a certain throttle level it had an UP ELE mix. Above a certain throttle level it had a DOWN ELE mix. When I first got it, I had to use my own THR>ELE mix to counter theirs. Once I figured out how to use flight's SMB program, I was able to delete the built-in E-flite mix and not have to use my own to counter it. Link to my Spitfire SRM file without THR>ELE mix.

But any airplane can climb or descend as you change the throttle depending on how the designers design it. Usually a plane will fly straight and level at a certain throttle setting. But as the speed increases, the lift (positive or negative) from the horizontal stab/elevator (HS) will also increase as a function of more speed = more lift, forcing the nose of the a/c up, hence causing it to climb. That's b/c the airfoil of the HS is usually inverted as opposed to the wing airfoil. The HS airfoil can be designed to be neutral, or not, and that will affect whether or not the aircraft changes attitude and climbs or not. Most if not all full-size a/c, use trim tabs to adjust for the changes in attitude if needed as speed is increased or decreased.
Don
Sep 28, 2019, 09:17 AM
How does one load in AS3X setups from Horizon's Website using android ?

I am fairly comfortable with Android and I have used AS3X setups in variety of models for several years

but for the life of me , I havent been able to figure out how to load in an AS3X setup into my plane using android tools.

No problem doing this using the PC programmer - and I am able to setup an AS3X from Scratch or to modify an existing setup with my phone

my specific use case - I want to switch my timber X to the "full span" mode using the setup listed on Horizon's website. I can do this with the PC programmer but I dont see why neither my android phone or my IX 12 can do the same.

Using the bluetooth module of course

seems like a basic functionality is either missing or well hidden
Sep 28, 2019, 11:16 AM
No bounce, No play.
On the app screen where you see setups is there not a way to browse and add a file? Then push to Rx?
Sep 28, 2019, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
On the app screen where you see setups is there not a way to browse and add a file? Then push to Rx?
no , in the 'models' section there isn't anything but a limited selection of preloaded setups. no way to browse, import or export a file
Sep 29, 2019, 07:18 AM
This is a complete swag since I haven't tried the mobile version since it was an audio cable and I didn't find it worked too well then so I've stuck with the PC version (and haven't bothered with the Bluetooth module). I very vaguely remember that at least at one time the file formats were different between PC and mobile and that the files you get off the web were the PC version? I don't think you could just change the file extension to make things work and the net was that I think you had to initially pull a configuration out of a receiver into the mobile app before you could work with it. So maybe try loading the profile through the PC then sucking it into your phone and then you might be able to work with it there going forward. Apologize in advance if I am all wet as again is based on vague recollections.

PS. I'm also thinking there was some way to share the file from the mobile app with yourself via email at least at one time and that then you could send that to someone else and they could load it and use it through the mobile app but it all started with something already being in the mobile app.
Last edited by mdmyers; Sep 29, 2019 at 07:34 AM. Reason: PS
Sep 29, 2019, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmyers
This is a complete swag since I haven't tried the mobile version since it was an audio cable and I didn't find it worked too well then so I've stuck with the PC version (and haven't bothered with the Bluetooth module). I very vaguely remember that at least at one time the file formats were different between PC and mobile and that the files you get off the web were the PC version? I don't think you could just change the file extension to make things work and the net was that I think you had to initially pull a configuration out of a receiver into the mobile app before you could work with it. So maybe try loading the profile through the PC then sucking it into your phone and then you might be able to work with it there going forward. Apologize in advance if I am all wet as again is based on vague recollections.

PS. I'm also thinking there was some way to share the file from the mobile app with yourself via email at least at one time and that then you could send that to someone else and they could load it and use it through the mobile app but it all started with something already being in the mobile app.
the problem is that the mobile versions of the app use the srd format and the pc version and what is available to download are the srm format

there is no direct way to convert a srm file to srd format

a user posted a prog that goes from srd to srm but not the other way

what I was ranting about was the mobile apps not being able to import srm file

I did find a workaround but its a real kludge

using a spare receiver , load the setup you need using the pc programmer
connect the receiver to your mobile app using the Bluetooth module
read the setup from the receiver into the mobile app
email the resulting srd from the mobile app

in using as3x, I think its important to be able to go back to 'stock' condition in case you are selling the model or want to start over

I had been saving srm files off my bnf models I will be saving the corresponding srd files also

Quick Reply