Sep 18, 2019, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Jack,

Where did this receiver come from?

Andy

Sukhoi Su29 Gen1 airplane. I know it's locked, but the throttle doesn't work.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 10:50 AM
OK, good. So it's locked, and it's going to stay that way. Your initial complaint had to do with being able to unlock it. Now that we know that's not gonna change, we can work to resolve your problem with the throttle.

1) Put an old, analog servo onto the THRO port, and another into the AILE port. Twist them real far in one direction (beyond normal travel range. This is OK to do when powered off).

2) Create a new model in your transmitter, one with NO PROGRAMMING. Use the menu option to go into the Frame Rate/Bind screen.

3) Put a bind plug in the receiver. Power up the receiver with a 4- or 5-cell NiMH pack.

4) Click on BIND in the transmitter. Give it a few seconds. Allow it to sit stable while it initializes the gyros. Let it do The Dance.

5) Did the throttle servo move at all?

6) Does it resist you if you try to twist it?

7) Pick up the rx and twist the rx quickly. Does the aileron servo react?

8) Flip switch A on the transmitter. Twist the rx quickly again. Does the aileron servo react?

9) Move the throttle on the transmitter to full power position. Does the throttle servo react?

10) Does it fight you if you try to move the servo output manually?

11) Flip switch A on the transmitter. Twist the rx quickly again. Does the aileron servo react?

12) Flip switch A on the transmitter again. Twist the rx quickly again. Does the aileron servo react?

13) Move the throttle stick to low. Power everything off.

Post the answers to the questions.

THANKS!

Andy
Sep 18, 2019, 01:38 PM
That seems simple enough. Lol

And people call these things toys.
Sep 18, 2019, 01:45 PM
No, we don't, because then the CPSC gets involved. They are NOT toys! That's why the age limits on use, too. Even the FAA gets that, and they're not usually ones to understand concepts that way!

Andy
Sep 18, 2019, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
OK, good. So it's locked, and it's going to stay that way. Your initial complaint had to do with being able to unlock it. Now that we know that's not gonna change, we can work to resolve your problem with the throttle.

1) Put an old, analog servo onto the THRO port, and another into the AILE port. Twist them real far in one direction (beyond normal travel range. This is OK to do when powered off).

2) Create a new model in your transmitter, one with NO PROGRAMMING. Use the menu option to go into the Frame Rate/Bind screen.

3) Put a bind plug in the receiver. Power up the receiver with a 4- or 5-cell NiMH pack.

4) Click on BIND in the transmitter. Give it a few seconds. Allow it to sit stable while it initializes the gyros. Let it do The Dance.

5) Did the throttle servo move at all?

6) Does it resist you if you try to twist it?

7) Pick up the rx and twist the rx quickly. Does the aileron servo react?

8) Flip switch A on the transmitter. Twist the rx quickly again. Does the aileron servo react?

9) Move the throttle on the transmitter to full power position. Does the throttle servo react?

10) Does it fight you if you try to move the servo output manually?

11) Flip switch A on the transmitter. Twist the rx quickly again. Does the aileron servo react?

12) Flip switch A on the transmitter again. Twist the rx quickly again. Does the aileron servo react?

13) Move the throttle stick to low. Power everything off.

Post the answers to the questions.

THANKS!

Andy
Two Futaba S3003

1. Did it
2. Did it
3. Did it
4. Throttle servo went full in opposite direction
5. No
6. Yes
7-9 No for each.
10. Yes
11-12 No
13. Did it
Sep 18, 2019, 02:56 PM
Thanks for creating a new model. If this had been done with the existing model you already had bound it would be meaningless. But with the new default model you just created, we learned a lot.

The answer to 4 is "Did it" and 5 is "Yes."

6 - Good. That means that the receiver is driving the servo.

7-8 is good. It means AS3X is getting a "no throttle" command.

9 means it's not getting data from the transmitter.

10 is good, it means it's being driven (same as 6).

11-12 means that the receiver is not getting a throttle up command from the transmitter.

So that tells us that

a) The receiver is hearing the transmitter. We know this because the throttle servo is not driven anywhere if the transmitter is not turned on.

b) The receiver is not getting the data from the throttle channel on the transmitter because with a newly-created model, the throttle up command would have enabled AS3X. Because it didn't respond to movement after you did that, it means the AS3X wasn't activated because the aileron servo didn't move when you shook it.

So I would print out this page and send it back to Product Service and let them see about getting you a replacement Sukhoi receiver if they are able to duplicate your efforts, OR they can send you a model file that shows it DOES work.

Andy
Sep 23, 2019, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
I'm not Andy but I can say the BASIC usually refers to the fact that unlike the plain BNF, the BNF BASIC does not come with a battery or charger. The SPECS on the newer Carbon-Z T-28 BASIC with AS3X (EFL1350) does say it has SAFE.
Yes, it does say it has SAFE in the Features as shown below:

"Now includes innovative, optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection"

Andy recommended that I post a message in the Carbon Z T-28 thread which I did. Jason is one of the HH folks but he has not replied to me the last time I checked.

I will wait until it is shipping as Andy recommended and send Jason another message.

i don't believe that the previous version of the CZ T-28 has SAFE programmed.
Sep 25, 2019, 07:18 PM
I have always used Spektrum equipment and i currently have an AR 7350 installed in one of my planes. I have never used any telemetry options when flying rc but when i was at the field today a club member told me that the AR 7350 had some telemetry options available without the need of the telemetry module or sensors. Now i know some of the telemetry options need sensors from what i have read but can anyone confirm that this RX has some telemetry that does not need a telemetry module or sensors and if it does which information can i get.
Sep 25, 2019, 07:31 PM
FPV'r
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3arljam
I have always used Spektrum equipment and i currently have an AR 7350 installed in one of my planes. I have never used any telemetry options when flying rc but when i was at the field today a club member told me that the AR 7350 had some telemetry options available without the need of the telemetry module or sensors. Now i know some of the telemetry options need sensors from what i have read but can anyone confirm that this RX has some telemetry that does not need a telemetry module or sensors and if it does which information can i get.
look at the manual
https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPM...-manual-EN.pdf

sorry I see the manual is rather useless..and the spec is just as good...
Last edited by ror1; Sep 25, 2019 at 07:43 PM.
Sep 25, 2019, 07:40 PM
FPV'r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_K
Sukhoi Su29 Gen1 airplane. I know it's locked, but the throttle doesn't work.
Hey Jack is that the one you got from me?

That ar636a came from a new su29.
the owner does not like this auto stuff so he ripped it out of the plane as soon as he got it..
Sorry for your troubles but to the best of my knowledge it worked but not sure if it was tried in the new plane so it could have been defective straight from HH in the SU29.

good luck..
Sep 25, 2019, 07:40 PM
Modeling Retread
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3arljam
Go down the list on the Airware software to the telemetry tab. Engage the auto-config to set up the basic telemetry.
Sep 25, 2019, 08:41 PM
With no external sensors you get receiver voltage and flight log data, signal strength, too if I remember correctly.
Sep 25, 2019, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the responses
Sep 26, 2019, 06:21 AM
Blue Skies
I fly an AR7350 in a 4S bird. In addition to the ones mentioned above, it also gives me flight pack voltage and alarms when it goes below 13.6V or 3.4V/cell. I think I set it up under the VOLTAGE selection under the TELEMETRY menu. When I unplug power, the alarm goes off on my Tx b/c it's not rxing the minimum voltage. If I run it hard inflight, it can go off temporarily until I back off on the throttle. It's nice to have to let you know the general status of the battery as you're flying.
Don
P.S. Oops, sorry. I forgot. I did have to add (splice) the voltage alarm (red only) wire to the positive battery lead.
Last edited by hifinsword; Sep 26, 2019 at 06:27 AM.
Sep 26, 2019, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ror1
look at the manual
https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPM...-manual-EN.pdf

sorry I see the manual is rather useless..and the spec is just as good...
By using one of the wires (with the connector) that came with the AR7350 you can get flight pack voltage if you are flying electrics - connect just the red wire to the balance port positive on the lipo. I am using an iX12 TX and have it report voltage to me every 30 seconds. You also get a lead for temperature with the 7350.

Quick Reply