Mar 06, 2019, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
I don't have the AS3000, but the screen and setup for your AR7350 should look like the screen I attached. You set the GAINS for the 3 axis. The Rx should apply them to the channels those axis are on so you won't see a channel, just the ROLL, PITCH, YAW axis. My picture just shows the ROLL axis. The tab at the top will take you to the other 2 axis. I hope this helps.
Don
Thanks Don. I think you're pointing out you can adjust the gain of each axis individually within the Programmer app. I understand how to do that. What I was referring to was the ability to adjust the gyro rate gain for each axis individually while in flight. As far as I've seen, with the AR636-9350 receivers, you can only adjust the gain in flight of all 3 axis or one axis at a time. The AS3000 let you assign a channel to each axis and adjust each one individually in one flight. But it's not a big deal. Once I set the gains, I don't do much with them after that.

Jim
Last edited by oldsneakers; Mar 06, 2019 at 05:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2019, 07:20 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers
Thanks Don. I think you're pointing out you can adjust the gain of each axis individually within the Programmer app. I understand how to do that. What I was referring to was the ability to adjust the gyro rate gain for each axis individually while in flight. As far as I've seen, with the AR636-9350 receivers, you can only adjust the gain in flight of all 3 axis or one axis at a time. The AS3000 let you assign a channel to each axis and adjust each one individually in one flight. But it's not a big deal. Once I set the gains, I don't do much with them after that.

Jim
Yes, that was my thinking. You can also adjust the gains inflight, and do all 3 axis at once by using the REL feature. Each axis is set for REL on a different FM. It's cumbersome, but it can be done. You use the trimmers for adjusting. Maybe the video below can help.
Don

Spektrum AS3X Step 15: Relative Gain Settings (Final Model Setup) (8 min 43 sec)
Mar 06, 2019, 07:24 AM
Jus 1 more plane is all I need
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
For an AR636 - in the receiver unless the BNF plane you have has directions otherwise.

For an AR7350/9350 - in the transmitter. That's what the app shows you, too.

Andy
Hey Andy, good talking a few weeks ago. Well, I'm all in now thanks to your coaching and really enjoying my new ix12. There is life after Jeti

So I was unaware of this concept until now. I installed AR636's in a couple of my 60" Extreme Flight birds, and set up D/R and Expo in the radio and gains, heading hold, trim, and control throw direction in the receiver via the app on my phone. I didn't know any better and just found this thread. Anyway, I've flown the snot out of it and things are working great. Am I headed for trouble? Do I need to redo everything?
Richard
Mar 06, 2019, 08:32 AM
I don't think you need to change anything.

Andy
Mar 06, 2019, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant22
Itís from a club mate, out of two planes, and he will refund my money if I ask

Just thought Iíd try making it happen somehow.

Iíll try reg in the programmer. Thx Andy
Some of the first BNF planes with the 636 weren't updateable/configurable. Might be what you have there.
Mar 06, 2019, 02:55 PM
nerd
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashVegas
Hey Andy, good talking a few weeks ago. Well, I'm all in now thanks to your coaching and really enjoying my new ix12. There is life after Jeti

So I was unaware of this concept until now. I installed AR636's in a couple of my 60" Extreme Flight birds, and set up D/R and Expo in the radio and gains, heading hold, trim, and control throw direction in the receiver via the app on my phone. I didn't know any better and just found this thread. Anyway, I've flown the snot out of it and things are working great. Am I headed for trouble? Do I need to redo everything?
Richard
You are doing it absolutely correct. The way I am using 636 too.
The reasons has been debated for years in this thread, might be hard to find. And just recently in a parallel thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=968
/A
Last edited by AndWho; Mar 06, 2019 at 04:30 PM.
Mar 08, 2019, 01:25 PM
On the subject AR636 I've noticed something I came across with an older one, and just now with my new BNF EFlite Pitts S1S.

The rates in the manual call for a certain distance of deflection of the flight controls. I have the Great planes accuthrow meter, so I can measure the exact distances.

So in this case in my iX12 a dual rate is set at 100%, the throw of the servo is much too small for what is called in the Pitts manual. So I programmed 125% high rate. (max value) When the stick is manipulated it shows on the monitor the travel is now output as 125%, but the actual physical servo movement does NOT increase beyond what is programmed above 100%.
Same in the servo travel menu, if I set it to more than 100% (150% max) the physical movement of the servo does not increase to more than the movement at 100%.

So it could be that you have to set the throws via the Spektrum programmer app via the USB cable, BUT... that means you'd change the default factory setting (which should be tuned for optimum performance on the particular model the AR636 comes with right?) AND... I think a lot of ppl do not have the program cable, so why are the throws not matched (programmed) in the factory to the manual? (I had to change the clevis and servo arms settings to a very different setup than recommended in the manual to come close (but not fully) to the deflection as stated in the manual.

Question: Is it correct that the AR636 only outputs to a maximum of 100% throw even though the transmitter sends say a 125% signal? (so any value above 100% is just ignored and 100% is given by the AR636)
Mar 08, 2019, 04:24 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Correct. To increase the throw you would program the Rx or adjust mechanically as you did.

The Tx can REDUCE the surface movement caused by moving the sticks. It does not affect the maximum throw the gyro can command - which may be important if binding is caused.
Mar 10, 2019, 08:27 PM
Well, I just spent two hours trying to get my new ASX AR 9350 to work or do anything.
I bind it to my DX-18 new model successfully . Solid light.
Plug in some Spektrum Digital servos and move the transmitter sticks...nothing.
I flip over some plug-ins...still nothing.

I then down load the ASX onto my Samsung phone and afterwards the software wants all information on my phone...pictures.....voice.....location...all which I refuse. So the download is now worthless.

So should at least have a 9 channel receiver that works...yes?

OK thinking...I didn't plug in any of the two remotes????

Anybody get the phone app to work?
Last edited by Jim409; Mar 10, 2019 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Adding
Mar 10, 2019, 08:48 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim409
Well, I just spent two hours trying to get my new ASX AR 9350 to work or do anything.
I bind it to my DX-18 new model successfully . Solid light.
Plug in some Spektrum Digital servos and move the transmitter sticks...nothing.
I flip over some plug-ins...still nothing.

I then down load the ASX onto my Samsung phone and afterwards the software wants all information on my phone...pictures.....voice.....location...all which I refuse. So the download is now worthless.

So should at least have a 9 channel receiver that works...yes?

OK thinking...I didn't plug in any of the two remotes????

Anybody get the phone app to work?
Need 2 remotes. Plug in & rebind.
Mar 11, 2019, 08:14 AM
Yep, out of my shop thinking of that...two remotes and re-bind....ok

To be successful with the app should I do it on my Samsung phone or get a cable for my laptop?
Mar 11, 2019, 08:25 AM
Multi-Platform Pilot
Either way, I prefer cable and laptop.
Mar 11, 2019, 08:25 AM
Either the USB cable or the BT dongle. I'm more inclined to using a laptop than a phone.

Andy
Mar 11, 2019, 08:28 AM
Ok thanks,
I have the SPMA 3065 cable when I ored the receiver
Just got done watching U-tube on hook-up to laptop so........
Mar 13, 2019, 02:12 PM

Using Laptop to setup Mixing and Flight Modes

I have a iX12 and AR7350 and am trying to setup a mix between the gear channel and Channel 7 and setting up various AS3X values on various flight modes. (not done much with mixing/Flight modes in the past). I am using my Laptop with the cable. Does Spectrum or any one else have an online video tutorials on using the PC connection to program the AR7350 or AR9350? I am really having trouble wrapping my old brain around flight modes and mixing and have search Youtube and did not find much help. I have looked at the videos available my Spektrum and they apply to using the phone app and not the PC interface.

Quick Reply