Mar 05, 2019, 12:59 AM
Electric baptism 1975
Power safe 12 + the AS3X 3000 module https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...-p-spmar12310t
https://www.horizonhobby.com/as3000-...dule-spmas3000

Has forward programming
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2019, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN
You missed the main point I made. I do NOT want to use a PowerSafe receiver as they are not compatible with power distribution panels so that solution is not an option
Mar 05, 2019, 04:06 AM
I have used an aftermarket compatible reciever that outputs sbus in conjunction with a decoder for extra channels. I don’t use it for flight controls and it seems to be a reliable solution.
Mar 05, 2019, 06:29 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_33
You missed the main point I made. I do NOT want to use a PowerSafe receiver as they are not compatible with power distribution panels so that solution is not an option
This is all you need. Hook two remote Rx's to it. Program it to output whatever channel you want.

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/pr...rod=XPS-X10%2B
Mar 05, 2019, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
This is all you need. Hook two remote Rx's to it. Program it to output whatever channel you want.

That might work as well. I have never tried to get anything more than ten channels so Iím not sure if their programming device will let you pick anything from the higher channel counts, ie 11-20. If it does that makes it an exceptional solution!
Mar 05, 2019, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_33
The 9020 doesn't have the AS3X features though which is why I wanted to use the 9350. Is there nothing I can do or are you saying my plane would be equipped with the 9350, the 9020, and the XP8000? That's alot of real estate I will have to pack in there lol including the total of 6 Sats to install as well to get 3 additional channels
You want to have TWO RECEIVERS in your airplane. One for the AS3X/SAFE support on the flight controls, and one for the extra channels.

Or, use the Power Safe and toss the power panel you have now.

Your choice.

Andy
Mar 05, 2019, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
You want to have TWO RECEIVERS in your airplane. One for the AS3X/SAFE support on the flight controls, and one for the extra channels.

Or, use the Power Safe and toss the power panel you have now.

Your choice.

Andy
Ok thanks for the information. Unfortunately powersafe receivers lack several things important to me in my large scale projects.
I have thought of a plan b though that will let me tick all of the boxes

Thanks for the efforts
Mar 05, 2019, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers
Thanks. In the programmer, when I set up a new model, it asks me how many channels it has. I always choose 10+ so I have access to the extra inputs. These screen copies are the 636, 7350 & 9350 set up that way. I have dual ailerons & elevators. If you click on the "unassigned" drop down window, as shown in the last picture for the 9350, the choices you see are 2-6, 2-7 & 2-9 for the 636,7350,9350 respectively . I believe this is showing 12 inputs available for all three receivers. And the number of extra inputs being 6 for the 636, 5 for the 7350 and 3 for the 9350. Does this sound right?
I just installed a AR7350 into a plane which is why I wanted to get a definitive answer on what extra inputs are available. I played around with it and think I have it now. I set the plane up for dual ailerons, dual elevators and dual rudders. And hooked servos up to channels 1-7 per the programming app in the attached picture. And those channels drove the servos correctly. I was mixed up on the nomenclature for channels/ports in my last post. This list jives with the programmer app:

Port 5 - Gear(Aux 0) - hooked up to a servo for Left elevator
Port 6 - Aux 1 - hooked up to a servo for Left aileron
Port 7 - Aux 2 - hooked up to a servo for Left Rudder
Aux3 Channel 8 - available
Aux4 Channel 9 - available
Aux5 Channel 10 - available

I was able to set the flight mode to Aux3, Aux4 and Aux5 one at a time and have it correctly modify the AS3X gain for all three axis. I wanted to use those three channels and be able to adjust the gain of the roll, pitch and yaw individually like you can on the AS3000. But I don't see the Gain Channel Select function that the AS3000 has.

I'm tired of screwing with this but most likely, there are 10 available inputs for the AR636, AR7350 & AR9350. The 636 having 4 extra inputs, the 7350 having 3 extra inputs and the 9350 having 1 extra input.

edit:fixed math error
Last edited by oldsneakers; Mar 05, 2019 at 11:23 AM.
Mar 05, 2019, 02:42 PM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers
, , ,
Port 5 - Gear(Aux 0) - hooked up to a servo for Left elevator
Port 6 - Aux 1 - hooked up to a servo for Left aileron
Port 7 - Aux 2 - hooked up to a servo for Left Rudder
Aux3 Channel 8 - available
Aux4 Channel 9 - available
Aux5 Channel 10 - available

I was able to set the flight mode to Aux3, Aux4 and Aux5 one at a time and have it correctly modify the AS3X gain for all three axis. I wanted to use those three channels and be able to adjust the gain of the roll, pitch and yaw individually like you can on the AS3000. But I don't see the Gain Channel Select function that the AS3000 has.
, , ,
I don't have the AS3000, but the screen and setup for your AR7350 should look like the screen I attached. You set the GAINS for the 3 axis. The Rx should apply them to the channels those axis are on so you won't see a channel, just the ROLL, PITCH, YAW axis. My picture just shows the ROLL axis. The tab at the top will take you to the other 2 axis. I hope this helps.
Don
Last edited by hifinsword; Mar 05, 2019 at 02:51 PM.
Mar 05, 2019, 02:57 PM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36

It does seem ideal except for the part about the LiPos that can be used. Unless I'm reading something into this, it says "Operating voltage: 1.8v - 16v". That limits its use to 3S power, or am I missing something? I was thinking I would want to use it in planes starting at 4S and up.
Don
Mar 05, 2019, 03:23 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Is that not the voltage the Rx system can run on? Not telemetry limits.
Mar 05, 2019, 03:29 PM
The XPS product is best discussed in one of their threads. I'm sure Jim will be happy to answer you there.

Andy
Mar 05, 2019, 06:46 PM
All aboard Flight 666
Anyone know if this means itís a locked rx? If so, any way to resolve?

This is a used 636, unknown plane, copied and pasted the serial from the updater
Mar 05, 2019, 07:13 PM
Why didn't you just register it from the Programmer?

I don't think you'll get very far with it. You probably got it real cheap because the last guy had the same experience.

There are counterfeits out there, too, and they have counterfeit serial numbers. It could also be that you got one of those.

Andy
Mar 05, 2019, 07:16 PM
All aboard Flight 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Why didn't you just register it from the Programmer?

I don't think you'll get very far with it. You probably got it real cheap because the last guy had the same experience.

There are counterfeits out there, too, and they have counterfeit serial numbers. It could also be that you got one of those.

Andy
Itís from a club mate, out of two planes, and he will refund my money if I ask

Just thought Iíd try making it happen somehow.

Iíll try reg in the programmer. Thx Andy

Quick Reply