Sep 15, 2018, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
The auto-level of SAFE is doing what it is programmed to do. You can't override the AR636 like you can with other stabs like the HE A3S2 with the MANUAL feature vs AUTO. The only way I see to change it would be to reprogram the level feature with the cable and do a recalibration with a slightly nose-up angled stab. When it's climbing, it would think it's level and continue the climb. But then you're stuck with a nose-high plane. That's just a guess though. I would personally use a switch like the GEAR with some UP ELE when down and go back to neutral when the switch is UP. It's an automatic thing when I fly my planes to move the GEAR switch after takeoff, and the THR CUT after landing.
Don
Thanks Don,
how would you add some UP ELE using a switch? Can you please detail? Do you use a mix or?

Thanks,
Dan
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2018, 11:07 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaccount
Thanks Don,
how would you add some UP ELE using a switch? Can you please detail? Do you use a mix or?

Thanks,
Dan
I use a DX18 G1. I made a GEAR > ELE mix. I included the picture to show you what not to do if your LG is not on the GEAR Ch. It gets a little confusing here because I use the GEAR channel for my stabilizer modes. So AUX2 is where my LG retracts are plugged into the Rx if I have them. If they are not present, it makes no difference. When I have SwA in position "0", the mix is active as shown by the blackened box in Pic #2 (tick mark is under box "0"). With or without LG, the elevator moves UP in position "0". When I move SwA to position "1", the mix is OFF and the elevator is neutral as seen in picture 3 (tick mark is under box "1").

You can also use the THR>ELE mix or a FLAPS menu setting for the ELE. See pictures 4 & 5 below. THR > ELE mix to get UP ELE as you increase the throttle. The Switch is "C". If you had the switch to "ON" it would always climb with a given amount of throttle.

The same logic applies to flaps. You don't have to have them on the plane. But you do have to select a wing type with flaps in the aircraft type setup. In the FLAPS menu, you can compensate for the flaps position with an "Elev" setting. Mine is 5% in this menu when in position "0" with SwB. With or without flaps, the ELE will move when selecting position "0".

I could have also added a value for position "1" if I needed or wanted to. But my ELE UP mix with the FLAPS DOWN is overridden by the LG mix when the LG is down. If the LG is UP and the FLAPS are DOWN to position "0" the ELE compensation will drive the ELE to a 5% UP position. You should choose either LG or FLAPS for the compensation with the ELE but not both in this setup.
Don
Last edited by hifinsword; Sep 15, 2018 at 11:48 AM.
Sep 15, 2018, 01:21 PM
I bought a F27 to day BNF so has the 636 in it, but it hasn't been programmed. No elevon mixing, no AS3X or SAFE.

I was gonna return the plane but thought I'd fly it anyway, it's a pussycat so doesn't need the gyro but I guess would still be nice to have it.

I have the programming cable so can I get the F27 set up for the 636 off the Spekky website?
Sep 15, 2018, 01:32 PM
Mark,

Would you please do us all a favor and contact Horizon's EU office and explain what you got, and where? That's a production failure, a serious one, and they need to be able to track down the issue.

Thanks.

Please do NOT program it.

Andy
Sep 15, 2018, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
I use a DX18 G1. I made a GEAR > ELE mix. I included the picture to show you what not to do if your LG is not on the GEAR Ch. It gets a little confusing here because I use the GEAR channel for my stabilizer modes. So AUX2 is where my LG retracts are plugged into the Rx if I have them. If they are not present, it makes no difference. When I have SwA in position "0", the mix is active as shown by the blackened box in Pic #2 (tick mark is under box "0"). With or without LG, the elevator moves UP in position "0". When I move SwA to position "1", the mix is OFF and the elevator is neutral as seen in picture 3 (tick mark is under box "1").

You can also use the THR>ELE mix or a FLAPS menu setting for the ELE. See pictures 4 & 5 below. THR > ELE mix to get UP ELE as you increase the throttle. The Switch is "C". If you had the switch to "ON" it would always climb with a given amount of throttle.

The same logic applies to flaps. You don't have to have them on the plane. But you do have to select a wing type with flaps in the aircraft type setup. In the FLAPS menu, you can compensate for the flaps position with an "Elev" setting. Mine is 5% in this menu when in position "0" with SwB. With or without flaps, the ELE will move when selecting position "0".

I could have also added a value for position "1" if I needed or wanted to. But my ELE UP mix with the FLAPS DOWN is overridden by the LG mix when the LG is down. If the LG is UP and the FLAPS are DOWN to position "0" the ELE compensation will drive the ELE to a 5% UP position. You should choose either LG or FLAPS for the compensation with the ELE but not both in this setup.
Don
Thanks for your great help!
I will try it and let you know,
Dan
Sep 15, 2018, 03:32 PM
Oh sure! no problem Andy.

Thanks!
Sep 15, 2018, 03:48 PM
Email sent to HH EU and Logic RC (not sure who has priority now for UK stock), I won't touch the RX and exchange the model first thing Monday.

No big deal for me, had many a HH model, in fact apart from dlg's all my models are from Horizon, first time I've ever encountered any sort of issue and I know HH and the dealers will look after me.
Sep 15, 2018, 04:38 PM
BMFA 190658
Andy,

I understand the importance of reporting this issue but why not let Mark flash the receiver with the correct settings?

Tony
Sep 15, 2018, 05:43 PM
Because by not flashing it, they'll be able to extract the current configuration which may point them in the direction of what went wrong.

If he changes the config or code that information will be lost.

Andy
Sep 15, 2018, 05:55 PM
BMFA 190658
So it definitely needs sending in...

Where to in the UK? Al’s?
Sep 15, 2018, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot
So it definitely needs sending in...

Where to in the UK? Alís?
Where he bought it. But if you were looking for warranty service, as noted yesterday, Logic RC is handling that now.

Andy
Sep 15, 2018, 06:37 PM
All aboard Flight 666
I’m on the home stretch learning how to program AS3X into different planes.

Still not understanding Priority and it’s quantity. I understand it 'cancels' gain as u move the stick, and I understand 100% is default

But

What is 0% priority
What is 200% priority
Sep 15, 2018, 07:18 PM
Working from memory....

0 - it doesn't change
200 - it hits 0 at 50% travel.

Andy
Sep 15, 2018, 07:21 PM
All aboard Flight 666
Perfect, thx sir
Sep 16, 2018, 03:18 PM
You can see the effect graphically in the programmer software and if you monitor the AS3X telemetry you can also see the effect on the TX screen. Below is assuming 100% dual rates in both the RX and TX:
  • At 200, AS3X gains are always off
  • From 199 down to 100, you are slowly moving the point in stick travel at which the gains phase out from right at center out to full travel
  • At 100, AS3X gains phase out right at the limits of stick travel
  • From 101 down to 0, you are slowly increasing the amount of gain still active at full stick travel
  • At 0, AS3X gains are at max all the time
Last edited by mdmyers; Sep 16, 2018 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity

Quick Reply