Apr 30, 2018, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmyers
Yes, if you set all your gains to 0 in a given FM, the stabilization is inactive. Once connected to the RX, any changes made in the PC program are automatically saved to the RX as you make them. You may wish to save a copy of the initial settings before changing anything as a backup before changing things.
After exporting factory settings and save setting as backup, I heave changed values (FM2 rate gains all to 0) and export as T-28 no as3x file name.
Exit from program and than started Spektrum Programmer again.
Program warns me that setting in RX and on PC are changed and asked me whish one to load.
I chose from PC.
How to update file T-28 no as3x into RX if update option is grey out ?

See attachment , pls.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2018, 03:28 PM
I am by no means an expert on the but from the image you are not really connected to the RX. It says no device connected. You need to power up the RX and then see if it is still greyed out.
Apr 30, 2018, 07:15 PM
Wandering IT geek
Also do not apply battery power to the receiver AND check the power cable box. Unless you like destroying stuff.
Apr 30, 2018, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bora61
After exporting factory settings and save setting as backup, I heave changed values (FM2 rate gains all to 0) and export as T-28 no as3x file name.
Exit from program and than started Spektrum Programmer again.
Program warns me that setting in RX and on PC are changed and asked me whish one to load.
I chose from PC.
How to update file T-28 no as3x into RX if update option is grey out ?

See attachment , pls.
It's not clear to me exactly what steps you have followed. As others have pointed out your screen shot does not show an RX connected. I am not sure what the "Upgrade" function you have circled is for but it is greyed out on mine as well (with or without an RX connected) and it is NOT used for loading a config to or from the RX.

The procedure I would follow is as below, maybe review it to see if there are steps you may have missed:
  • Start the program
  • Plug in the USB adapter, you should see "Cable Connected but No Device" in the upper right
  • Make sure there is no power connected to the RX and then plug the other end of the USB cable into the "BND/PRG" port on the RX with the signal wire toward the Spektrum label
  • Now apply power to the RX by choosing one of the methods below:
    • If you have anything connected to the RX in addition to the programming cable, power the RX with an external BEC and battery and DO NOT check the box in the programmer that says "Power Cable"
    • If you do not have anything else connected other than the programming cable then you CAN check the box in the programmer that says "Power Cable"
  • Once power is applied by one or the other of the above methods, the message in the upper right should change to "Cable and Device Connected"
  • You can have multiple profiles loaded into the programmer at one time. If the settings in the RX do not match one of the profiles you currently have loaded in the programmer, you will get a message saying that the PC and RX have different settings and asking which you want to use. I suggest reading the RX values into a new model the first time but all the possible options are described below:
    • If you choose to use the suggested PC model ("Use Computer Settings" button) it will overwrite what is in the RX
    • If you have more than one model loaded into the programmer, you can also click the "Show All" button to select a different profile to load from the PC to the RX
    • If you choose to use the RX settings ("Use Device Settings" button) it will overwrite the profile shown with what is in the RX. If you click the "Show All" button first, it will show all currently loaded profiles and you can choose a different one to be overwritten or you can select "New Model" to read the RX settings into a new model
  • Now that you have read the RX settings into the programmer, use the Edit button to name the profile as desired and then use the export function under the More button to save those settings to your PC.
  • As long as power is still connected to the RX, you can now modify settings in the profile (such as your desired gains) and those values will be written to the RX automatically. Note that if you make such changes, you should Edit the profile name and description again before exporting or you will overwrite your original file on the PC with those changes.
May 01, 2018, 07:25 AM
Why cant simply attach lipo battery to xt60 plane's connector and thus provide voltage for Rx?
May 01, 2018, 07:29 AM
BMFA 190658
You can if it has a BEC
May 01, 2018, 10:57 AM
Electric baptism 1975
In the initial stages I prefer to disconnect the ESC & plug in an Rx battery there to avoid prop issues in my small workshop. When adjusting at the field I use iPhone app & stand behind the prop. Yes I have throttle cut on, but it is still a loaded gun.
May 01, 2018, 11:13 AM
Is now ok ?
May 01, 2018, 01:06 PM
FM2 still shows 20% rate gain on the Yaw axis, other than that yes, it does now show AS3X rate and heading gains turned off. You should be able to verify this by switching between the FM's and wiggling the plane around. In FM1 you should see the surfaces reacting to counteract your input motions (i.e. move tail up, elevator should go up, roll right wing up, right aileron should go up etc). In FM3 you should see 1/2 the movement seen in FM1 and in FM2 you should see no reaction other than a slight one in yaw. Note that after initial power up, you do typically have to run the throttle up past about 20-25% to activate AX3S (careful of the prop) but you can then run it back to zero and engage throttle cut while you wiggle the plane.
May 02, 2018, 05:29 AM
Quote:
FM2 still shows 20% rate gain on the Yaw axis, other than that yes, it does now show AS3X rate and heading gains turned off. You should be able to verify this by switching between the FM's and wiggling the plane around. In FM1 you should see the surfaces reacting to counteract your input motions (i.e. move tail up, elevator should go up, roll right wing up, right aileron should go up etc). In FM3 you should see 1/2 the movement seen in FM1 and in FM2 you should see no reaction other than a slight one in yaw. Note that after initial power up, you do typically have to run the throttle up past about 20-25% to activate AX3S (careful of the prop) but you can then run it back to zero and engage throttle cut while you wiggle the plane.
Are you suggest me, to slide all values ( Rate gain, Head gain and Priority) to 0% on FM2 to turn off As3X ?
I leave yaw gain at 20% just for landing an take off to help me to steering straight.
May 02, 2018, 06:49 AM
It is your choice as to you what you want. If you really want all as3x off, then yes put both heading and rate gains all to zero, the priority shouldn't matter at that point. Also, if you want some help with steering on take off and landing that would be heading gain rather than rate gain that would help with that.
May 02, 2018, 02:20 PM
nerd
I was very curious to see of the old problems with AR636 v1.43 was fixed in 2.27, after almost 3 years. The HH-lockup bug is gone, simply because there is no HH anymore.

But the "Rx Expo+ Tx trim"-bug is still there. And the work-a-round to have expo only in the Tx, and not in the Rx is still applicable.
Link to the old report: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3498

So, be warned, do not use expo settings in the RX if you want to be able to use Tx trimmers.
/A
May 02, 2018, 02:56 PM
Electric baptism 1975
My replacement USB cord arrived. Many thanks HH.
Just a thought. A big part of Horizon's reputation is how they take care of customers, at least for those who know. I was thinking perhaps give some thought to a sticker to accompany complementary replacement.
Small, understated. Something like the logo with a thumbs up in the middle, optional lettering to the effect that it was taken care of. Of course it needs to be in market speak but simply "covered" might do. Might start some conversations at the field.
May 02, 2018, 03:00 PM
Quote:
It is your choice as to you what you want. If you really want all as3x off, then yes put both heading and rate gains all to zero, the priority shouldn't matter at that point. Also, if you want some help with steering on take off and landing that would be heading gain rather than rate gain that would help with that.
Thank you sir, very much for being able to take your time and explained me .
God bless you.
May 02, 2018, 03:12 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndWho
I was very curious to see of the old problems with AR636 v1.43 was fixed in 2.27, after almost 3 years. The HH-lockup bug is gone, simply because there is no HH anymore.

But the "Rx Expo+ Tx trim"-bug is still there. And the work-a-round to have expo only in the Tx, and not in the Rx is still applicable.
Link to the old report: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3498

So, be warned, do not use expo settings in the RX if you want to be able to use Tx trimmers.
/A
My understanding was that 2.27 was intended to make SAFE programming available to those who wanted it, not to replace 1.43 for those that don't want SAFE.
Re; trim issue. While I always trim mechanically first, I agree many planes change trim with weather/temperature & need a click or 2 each time out. That is why I went to the 7350.
I suppose a pull pull system for rudder & elevator should fix it, but that's complex & & a pain in the tonsils.

Quick Reply