Apr 05, 2018, 12:29 AM
Electric baptism 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor
So the RX voltage is read via the battery port directly on the receiver? This means the max voltage the AR7350/9350 receivers can operate on (and measure) would be 12V - or 9.6V for the AR636. For electric setups where the RX is powered by the BEC and I want to monitor flight pack voltage via the external sensor, is there a maximum range for that sensor port? Not that I fly 6S but...
Flight pack voltage is measured with a lead to the telemetry socket on your receiver. Most telemetry receivers come with 2 fine wires attached to a telemetry plug that's it. OR you can buy a made up plug & play. eg
https://www.horizonhobby.com/helicop...A-ec3-spma9556
Max voltage, I'm not sure but at least 6s I couldn't find the max but I thought it was 12s.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2018, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor
So the RX voltage is read via the battery port directly on the receiver? This means the max voltage the AR7350/9350 receivers can operate on (and measure) would be 12V - or 9.6V for the AR636.
I think you'll find our receivers are rated to 9.6V. The problem isn't the receiver - it's the servos that limit what you feed in. The rx bus voltage is the servo bus voltage too - and you only go to 8.4V with HV servos.

Don't put more than 2S in and your HV servos will be happy. If you're flying with regular servos, keep it 6V or lower - some will not like even 5.5V. The servos are the limiting factor, not the the receiver.

Quote:
For electric setups where the RX is powered by the BEC and I want to monitor flight pack voltage via the external sensor, is there a maximum range for that sensor port? Not that I fly 6S but...
12S on these receivers, the new T-series go to 14S.

Andy
Apr 07, 2018, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
I think you'll find our receivers are rated to 9.6V. The problem isn't the receiver - it's the servos that limit what you feed in. The rx bus voltage is the servo bus voltage too - and you only go to 8.4V with HV servos.

Don't put more than 2S in and your HV servos will be happy. If you're flying with regular servos, keep it 6V or lower - some will not like even 5.5V. The servos are the limiting factor, not the the receiver.

12S on these receivers, the new T-series go to 14S.

Andy
On my electric powered Sbach 300 I put a castle BEC set to 6V inline with the receiver setup my HV servo's with 2 7.2V batteries provides clean power to the receiver maybe not needed but seems like should have a regulator of some sort.
Apr 07, 2018, 06:31 PM
Your servos would be the thing needing regulator, not the RX.

Andy
Apr 08, 2018, 06:55 PM
Wandering IT geek
With a dual aileron setup is it possible to do differential? Spoilerons?

Answered my own question. Yes and yes. Oddly Spoilerons caused me to have to reverse the elevator as well as the aileron servos.
Last edited by ronin4740; Apr 08, 2018 at 07:58 PM.
Apr 08, 2018, 08:06 PM
I would have just changed to Elevon B.
Apr 09, 2018, 10:25 AM
Wandering IT geek
No sure that would work - the airplane is a conventional tail with two Aileron servos. The AS3X programmer says to set the radio to one Aileron, one flap.

It worked but reversed the elevator direction so I had to reverse it in the AR7350...
Apr 09, 2018, 10:36 AM
It's been a while since I looked at the AR7350 in the app, but I thought it supported both Elevon and Elevon B.

Andy
Apr 09, 2018, 10:39 AM
BMFA 190658
It isn’t an Elevon model though...
Apr 09, 2018, 10:40 AM
I guess I misread that you were using ailerons and elevators for the tail, rather than what you wrote. My bad. Sorry.

Andy
Apr 09, 2018, 12:34 PM
Andy,
I have a question about the AR7350. I'm using a DX9 transmitter and see that I get a voltage readout from the rx. The manual for the AR7350 says the voltage should not be allowed to drop below 4.8 when all servos are under load, but the default setting in the DX9 is 4.3 volts. I turned on the voice/vibe alarm , but should I adjust the "Min RX V" to 4.8 instead of the default of 4.3? Also, what does the voice alarm for this say, and is there a way to customize it?
One other thing - what do the status report and warning report options do on the receiver voltage screen?
Thanks!!!
Apr 09, 2018, 12:38 PM
The voltage alarm point is something you can adjust based on the type of power source and the voltage you are feeding the receiver. What is right depends on what equipment you are using. Don't read anything special into the 4.3V default alarm point. It doesn't know what type of receiver you are using, battery, BEC, etc. You always need to configure that yourself.

There is not a way to customize what is spoken in a DX9. The iX12 is much more flexible in that regard.

The Status Report and Warning Report are repetitive options you can select. If you don't put anything in there, you get one voice report on an alarm. You can find better explanations in the telemetry and transmitter threads.

Andy
Apr 09, 2018, 01:09 PM
Andy, I'm sure this has been answered so please bear with me.

I purchased a E-Flite Cessna 150 Carbon Z locally. It's the PNP version, which came without an AR636. If I buy an AR636, where/how can I get get the configuration settings for that plane so that I can program the AR636?

thanks, as always.

Nevermind. I spoke with HH Zach and he's taking care of me. They will be downloadable soon.
Last edited by RCAddiction; Apr 09, 2018 at 06:17 PM.
Apr 09, 2018, 01:22 PM
Thanks Andy, I'll check the telemetry and transmitter threads.
Apr 09, 2018, 10:21 PM
Wandering IT geek

Quick Reply