Apr 02, 2018, 03:35 PM
BMFA 190658
I just tried updating my open stock 636 but it refused saying it (the update?) was for a different version.

Maybe it only works with 636's that already have SAFE. I'll try my Night Visionaire...

Tony
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2018, 08:08 AM

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot
I just tried updating my open stock 636 but it refused saying it (the update?) was for a different version.

Maybe it only works with 636's that already have SAFE. I'll try my Night Visionaire...

Tony
I did 2 open-stock 636's and 1 636A out of a crashed eflite T-28. I did it with the Programmer, not the Updater. They all went fine! The "A" version was NOT a SAFE RX. I think I remember a problem with the Updater, but I forgot the exact message.

- Dave
Last edited by K8744; Apr 03, 2018 at 08:09 AM. Reason: added stuff
Apr 03, 2018, 08:48 AM
BMFA 190658
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8744
I did 2 open-stock 636's and 1 636A out of a crashed eflite T-28. I did it with the Programmer, not the Updater. They all went fine!
I am using the Programmer not the Updater. No luck
Apr 03, 2018, 08:57 AM
BMFA 190658
Done it...
Looks like I had downloaded the Sport Cub BnF .SAX file instead of the Open Stock one

No way to add SAFE to the OS though

Tony
Apr 03, 2018, 03:21 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
I bit the bullet and took advantage of the 3x RX sale. Ordered the AR7350 to use in a couple of my larger glow/electrics. I got an AR9350 last year which came with 2x remotes and both the mobile and PC programming cables.

Looks like the AR7350 comes with 1x remote and no cables (which I'm fine with since I already have all the cables needed). As far as telemetry sensors I only have the ones which came with my TM1000 I bought a couple of years ago but have yet to use. Been flying exclusively with the UMX stuff, a trio of TuffWing 32's with AR400s and a Mini UltraStick I put an AR636 in to play around with AS3X.

Finishing up a BTE Venture 60/Saito .82 which will get one of the AR7350s. Plan is to equip it with Hitech digital HV HS-5495s. Flight pack will be a 2S LiPo. The servos are rated for 7.4v and the 7ch/9ch receivers are good for up to 12v.

For ACRO, what are the telemetry sensors most of you find useful? Flight pack volts seems obvious and for the electrics w/ESC the Castle interface looks interesting.

My TXs are a DX9 and DX6 G3.
Apr 03, 2018, 03:46 PM
For my electrics I plug into the balance connector and monitor the battery voltage. For fun I also have a GPS to give me speed over the ground and Lat/Lon in case it goes down in the corn/beans and on a couple of have Altitude.
Apr 03, 2018, 06:01 PM
No bounce, No play.
I like altitude for sure. Especially with every jurisdiction coming out with restrictions.

Airspeed is nice on Acro, figure out stall speeds at altitude for use on approach.

GPS I find pricey for what I get out of it. I use beacon for downed plane.

For faster stuff that glides poorly, MAH. Like to keep them power use monitored. The small floaters, who cares if you kill battery, it glides.

I always make use of the temp sensor somewhere. Engine head or ESC. BL motor is usually fed tons of air so I seldom check them. I did one little plane with very tight reverse flow nacelle. Wanted to be sure it worked.

Of course Rx and FP Volts. And I use very few alarms. I prefer mainly on demand data.
Apr 04, 2018, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyindy
For my electrics I plug into the balance connector and monitor the battery voltage.
https://www.banggood.com/3S-4S-6S-Li...p-1055240.html

I have a ton of those in 3,4and 6s. You can still use the balance connector too. So handy if you don't want solder or have the weight of a ec3/5/xt60 harness.
Last edited by tware; Apr 04, 2018 at 09:11 AM.
Apr 04, 2018, 05:21 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by tware
https://m.banggood.com/3S-4S-6S-Lipo...se=CN&ID=47892

I have a ton of those in 3,4and 6s. You can still use the balance connector too. So handy if you don't want solder or have the weight of a ec3/5/xt60 harness.
They're also great for connecting LED light strips on my planes for night flying!
Don
Apr 04, 2018, 04:20 PM
Dysfunctional Veteran
Has anyone else tried to use a AR9350 with tailerons only? I recently purchased the Freewing F-14 and I cannot seem to figure out using AS3X in this configuration. I’m using a DX8G2 so I only had 8 channels to work with. This aircraft is set up to be a 7 channel airplane stock but there are some issues with the ailerons continuing to move when the wings are swept which causes problems. To get around that issue I am only using my aileron control surfaces as flaps with a y harness and using tailerons only. The aileron port in the receiver is not used at all. I have the channels set up as follows. Channel 1-throttle, channel 2-empty, channel 3- R elevator, channel 4- rudder, channel 5- gear, channel 6- Flap, channel 7- L elevator, channel 8- wing sweep. The rudder works fine with the gyro but the tailerons do not work at all. Only the right elevator moves to correct the flight path and it’s reversed. Thank you
Apr 04, 2018, 07:01 PM
I have set up a Su35 w/ tailerons using a 9350. Set the rx wing type to elevons (like a flying wing). That will correctly couple the elevator and aileron channels incl AS3X corrections to those two servos. You will have to program the flap outputs in the rx manually as there is no elevon + flap wing configuration.
Apr 04, 2018, 08:05 PM
Dysfunctional Veteran
What was the receiver input configuration. I have the normal channels connected to the usual ports. When I change the wing config to elevons the different elevators move incorrectly
Apr 04, 2018, 08:14 PM
Change to elevon b, or swap leads.
Apr 04, 2018, 10:13 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
So the RX voltage is read via the battery port directly on the receiver? This means the max voltage the AR7350/9350 receivers can operate on (and measure) would be 12V - or 9.6V for the AR636. For electric setups where the RX is powered by the BEC and I want to monitor flight pack voltage via the external sensor, is there a maximum range for that sensor port? Not that I fly 6S but...
Apr 04, 2018, 11:23 PM
Dysfunctional Veteran
I think it’s different being as the freewing F-14 has a mixing board everything goes through before being connected to the RX. I gave up after my TX battery died after trying for so long to get it to work. I have 3 planes with AR636’s in them that I programmed. There is too much going on with the wings sweeping and trying to disable the ailerons when swept. As well as my first taileron airplane. I guess I’ll just wait for someone to use the same TX/RX in the Freewing F-14

Quick Reply