Mar 27, 2018, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers
I think you can verify what orientation you have by checking the gyro deflections of all control surfaces. That's what I check to make sure everything is good.
I've done that before & it's not that easy as the deflection is so MINOR it's hard to tell.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2018, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8744
I've done that before & it's not that easy as the deflection is so MINOR it's hard to tell.
Temporarily turn all the gyro channels to 100% in ABS mode.

Edit: I meant gyro gains to 100% .
Last edited by oldsneakers; Mar 27, 2018 at 10:51 AM.
Mar 27, 2018, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers
Temporarily turn all the gyro channels to 100% in ABS mode.

Edit: I meant gyro gains to 100% .
They're at 90 now, I was tempted to run em up to 125, & try. - d
Mar 27, 2018, 11:06 AM
If you haven't mounted the receiver yet, you can spin that to simulate the plane's motions. That should give you bigger deflections.
Mar 27, 2018, 12:15 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8744
Temporarily turn on heading hold. It makes the correction stay till you move the plane back.
Mar 27, 2018, 12:17 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiore69
Sorry but I can not understand what you mean?
In a Park zone Spitfire(the old brushed which was converted to brushless) I used a mode with heading hold. Heading hold prevents the nose rising even in high speed passes.
Mar 27, 2018, 01:59 PM
I have an AR7350 rx. and I'm trying to figure out how to get crow function to work on my classic pattern plane. I want the ailerons to go up several degrees when I deploy the flaps but can't figure out how to set up the proper mix. I have one servo for flaps plugged into port 7 and separate servos for the ailerons plugged into ports 2 and 6. I can't get both ailerons to go up - one goes up and one goes down when I set the mix. Is it possible to do this?
Thanks!
Mar 27, 2018, 02:22 PM
BMFA 190658
I'm not sure if you can.

Normally I'd say swap the Aileron that the Flap is mixed to.
eg. if you have a mix (in the transmitter) of Flap > LAil then swap to Flap > RAil

If the 7350 uses the same setup as a 636 and makes you use a 1A wing type in the Tx so the receiver does the channel split then this may not be possible...

Tony
Mar 27, 2018, 02:32 PM
BMFA 190658
I would try experimenting with different Master Rates on this screen:
Mar 27, 2018, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc_heli_flier
I have an AR7350 rx. and I'm trying to figure out how to get crow function to work on my classic pattern plane. I want the ailerons to go up several degrees when I deploy the flaps but can't figure out how to set up the proper mix. I have one servo for flaps plugged into port 7 and separate servos for the ailerons plugged into ports 2 and 6. I can't get both ailerons to go up - one goes up and one goes down when I set the mix. Is it possible to do this?
Thanks!
Go back to post ~9229 and look at that crow setup. I don't think it can be done w/ a rx mix.
TL;DR: Configure the rx for flaperons. Put actual flaps on a different channel (aux2+). Add crow mix in tx from actual flap channel -> aux1 (flaperon 'flap' channel)
Mar 27, 2018, 03:33 PM

Fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN
Temporarily turn on heading hold. It makes the correction stay till you move the plane back.
I fixed the problem with regard to seeing the AS3X correction. It had NOTHING to do with the APP. The little bugs in the APPS are still there but I WAS able to SEE the AS3X correction. The fix was to ramp up my servo travel to 100%. Now I can turn the RX on it's side for a better install.

The Multiplex Pilatus PC6 is a nice plane, but the controls are virtually hidden! You CAN center the surfaces by using the setscrew at the servo, but you can't change the throw without a LOT of work. The hinges are hidden & you'd have to dig the servo out from under the graphics. My solution to "dumb" down the plane so I could fly it was to reduce the servo travel. That made it REALLY HARD to see any correction.

Thanks oldsneakers & DavidN, You made me THINK! - Dave
Mar 27, 2018, 04:01 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Make sure full travel on Tx, which I think is either 125 or 150% is bind free. The Rx doesn't see Tx limitations when it uses AS3X correction, so can command full surface movement.
Mar 28, 2018, 02:10 AM
Beginner flight RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
These are made in my DX18 G1. You should have some mixes available on your DX9. When you first activate them, it will ask you if the mix should be a NORMAL or a CURVE mix. CURVE mixes can give you better control of the mix. It starts with 4 points. As you move the THROTTLE, it will show you at the bottom of the screen "ADD POINT". Click on it and continue to get as many as 7 points on the mix. Positive #s give you nose DOWN attitude. Negative values give you nose UP attitude. You can remove the prop and see the elevator move as you move the THROTTLE stick forward.

My blog is HERE on the E-flite Spitfire. My posts 1 & 2 cover the mixes I used in detail there.
Don
Thanks for the explanations, I also looked at your forum, the doubt is always on the fact that spektrum recommends doing all the mix in the receiver, "see photo" so I wonder if doing this throttle-ele mix in the d9 radio can cause problems .
Mar 28, 2018, 12:00 PM
I looked at the suggestion by everyone here about how to get crow to work but unfortunately I don't think its possible from at least my experimentation in the 7350.
I know it says not to set up anything to do with the main control surfaces in the transmitter, but would it be bad once the basics are set up for them (expo, diff, centering, etc) to then add mixes in the transmitter for things like crow? It seems that once the baseline setup is done for each surface that the receiver would just sense the mix as a transmitter input that you might put in for flying around. I would think it wouldn't know the difference and still function ok.
I may try it and see how it reacts while sitting on the bench. If it seems ok, fly it and switching to the mix while high up and seeing how the aircraft reacts.
Mar 28, 2018, 02:48 PM
Electric baptism 1975
In the standard set up there is 1 aileron ch & 1 flap ch going from the TX to the Rx. A mix in the Tx goes to the Rx as a standard aileron command ie 1 up 1 down.
The suggestion I have heard, to use flapperon with ailerons commanded up & a separate Aux ch for the "real" downing flaps. I am making the assumption that you can use the flight mode switch for all of this, as I haven't verified it. It might help to have elevator on heading hold to increase pitch control.

Quick Reply