Mar 21, 2018, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmyers
no reason at all not to reuse it. There is a firmware version 1.43 that is available to download if you wanted to update to the latest as part of using it in something else.
tks
to remove ads between posts
Mar 22, 2018, 03:17 PM
Just talking out loud here. I spent a few hours reacquainting myself with REL gain in AS3X. I usually just set the gains in ABS mode. But I figured it would be nice to be able to adjust the gyro gain inflight. What had me stumped was why only half the gains in REL mode showed up on my DX9. This is what I came up with.

When you set a FM/axis to a certain gain in ABS mode, you will see that value on your transmitter with telemetry turned on for AS3X. When you set a FM/axis to a certain gain in REL mode, you will see 50% of the value. And the gyro actually is at 50% of the setting. So you start off in REL mode at half the gain value as opposed to ABS mode. If you LTrim the REL gain all the way up, you will reach the full gain value as if you were in ABS mode. So with REL, you cannot ever go more than the initial gain setting.

From the AS3X Programming Manual: IMPORTANT: When REL is selected, the gain value in the application represents the maximum available gain.
Mar 22, 2018, 03:34 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers
...you cannot ever go more than the initial gain setting.....
You have interpreted correctly. That's exactly what I see on my radios. If REL is 50% and Gain CH on Tx is at 50% then you are at 25% Actual.
Mar 22, 2018, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
You have interpreted correctly. That's exactly what I see on my radios. If REL is 50% and Gain CH on Tx is at 50% then you are at 25% Actual.
Thank you.
Mar 26, 2018, 05:26 PM
Beginner flight RC
I have to insert a mixing throttle elevator on a small pylon with an ar636 to prevent over half of the engine stick from the aircraft tending to rise too much. Can I do it on the radio? or do I have to insert it in the receiver? It would be more comfortable in radiused because I can calibrate it in flight, while on the receiver I should do a lot of tests for the right amount. Thanks
Mar 26, 2018, 05:36 PM
sounds like a little downthrust might help..
Mar 26, 2018, 05:51 PM
Beginner flight RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwater2
sounds like a little downthrust might help..
I can not incline it any more so, space is not enough, I thought I would solve with a mix
Mar 26, 2018, 07:35 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Have you tried "heading hold" on elevator channel only? I used that on take off flight mode for hand launch.
Mar 26, 2018, 08:57 PM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiore69
I have to insert a mixing throttle elevator on a small pylon with an ar636 to prevent over half of the engine stick from the aircraft tending to rise too much. Can I do it on the radio? or do I have to insert it in the receiver? It would be more comfortable in radiused because I can calibrate it in flight, while on the receiver I should do a lot of tests for the right amount. Thanks
Sounds like a THR>ELE mix would help. Below are some screenshots of a NORMAL mix and 2 shots of a CURVE mix. I've used them on my AR636A to mix out a tendency of my Spitfire to climb with throttle over 30%. Depending on your Tx, one of these could possibly work?
Don
Mar 26, 2018, 10:42 PM
Is the AR636A from the Timber programmable? I just want to turn the as3x off.
Mar 27, 2018, 12:58 AM
Beginner flight RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN
Have you tried "heading hold" on elevator channel only? I used that on take off flight mode for hand launch.
Sorry but I can not understand what you mean?
Mar 27, 2018, 01:02 AM
Beginner flight RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
Sounds like a THR>ELE mix would help. Below are some screenshots of a NORMAL mix and 2 shots of a CURVE mix. I've used them on my AR636A to mix out a tendency of my Spitfire to climb with throttle over 30%. Depending on your Tx, one of these could possibly work?
Don
Thanks, very interesting! with the curves I've never tried. I have a DX9, but did these mix you made them on the radio or on the AR636 receiver with the cable and computer?
Mar 27, 2018, 08:54 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiore69
Thanks, very interesting! with the curves I've never tried. I have a DX9, but did these mix you made them on the radio or on the AR636 receiver with the cable and computer?
These are made in my DX18 G1. You should have some mixes available on your DX9. When you first activate them, it will ask you if the mix should be a NORMAL or a CURVE mix. CURVE mixes can give you better control of the mix. It starts with 4 points. As you move the THROTTLE, it will show you at the bottom of the screen "ADD POINT". Click on it and continue to get as many as 7 points on the mix. Positive #s give you nose DOWN attitude. Negative values give you nose UP attitude. You can remove the prop and see the elevator move as you move the THROTTLE stick forward.

My blog is HERE on the E-flite Spitfire. My posts 1 & 2 cover the mixes I used in detail there.
Don
Mar 27, 2018, 10:20 AM

AR 636 on-edge Installation

I've been trying to clean up the RX installation in my PILATUS PC-6, a difficult one because of lack of interior access. I've been using the AR636 in a number of installations including the PC-6. In all cases, I've installed the RX upright & in one case upside down. Now I'm trying to mount the AR636 on it's side & I've stumbled on a couple of issues with the PC & Android versions of the APP.

Let me try to explain!

NOT part of this installation, but notable, is a difference in the PC APP in numbering the FM's in the DASHBORAD & the SETTINGS. In the DASHBOARD, the FM's are FM1, FM2 & FM3. In the settings (expo & D/R only) the FM's are FM0, FM1, & FM2. This is not a real problem for me as my ole mind filters the diff fine.

My problem inmy installation is with differences between the PC & Android graphics. First, the graphic is that of an ARn350. That's GOOD as the AR636 would make it impossible to tell what side it was on. The ARn350 makes it easy as there's a SECOND row of horizontal pins (ch 7,8,9) that are on the TOP, that indicate what side the TOP is pointing. My preferred APP is the Android on my Galaxy S4 using USB.

FINALLY, to the issue! In the PC APP, you can oly roll the RX to the RIGHT, o problem. When I roll the RX from upright to the RIGHT, the horizontal pins on the RX are on the right, indicating the TOP is pointing RIGHT. This is what I want!

On the Android APP, then you roll the RX to the right, the graphic shows the horizontal pins to the LEFT. Indicating the TOP is pointing left. What am I to believe, my gut, that says, "I rolled it to right, so that's OK, or follow the graphic, that says the opposite.

BTW, my installstion is with the pins toward the nose & the long ANT to the rear. Both of my APPs are running the curent version of software.

Thanks, Dave
Last edited by K8744; Mar 27, 2018 at 10:34 AM. Reason: spelling
Mar 27, 2018, 10:38 AM
I think you can verify what orientation you have by checking the gyro deflections of all control surfaces. That's what I check to make sure everything is good.

Quick Reply