Mar 20, 2018, 09:12 AM

Ar636a

I know this has probably been answered, but ...
I have an AR636A (no SAFE) from an eFlite T28. I "hit the ramp" (actually power lines) on an approach and the plane was toast! Now, I have an extra AR636 with firmware 1.42 and wonder why, after a RESET, I can't treat this RX as an "open stock" RX & update it along with my other AR636's when & if Spektrum posts an upgrade. BTW, it is programmable (gains, etc) with the APP.

Thanks, Dave
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2018, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers
To add more detail to what smdub said, something I learned recently is how you set the Flight Mode to use channel 10(Aux5) with the AR9350. Just use the PC AS3X app and choose 10+ for the number of channels in the Model section. And set the Flight Mode to Aux5.
Thanks! I didn't realize you could do that.
Mar 20, 2018, 04:03 PM
I have an AR9350 My understanding is your suppose to adjust the rates, expo on the receiver when I plug the programmer in my transmitter connection to the receiver shuts off I can't move the control surfaces to actually measure the rates according to the aircraft's manual. This make it way more time consuming I have to power cycle the receiver each time to re-connect to check the control surface. Is this normal behavior once you connect the programmer cable to disconnect from the transmitter?
Mar 20, 2018, 04:15 PM
BMFA 190658
I believe you set rates and expo in the transmitter when using the AR7350 & AR9350.

Tony
Mar 20, 2018, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490
I have an AR9350 My understanding is your suppose to adjust the rates, expo on the receiver when I plug the programmer in my transmitter connection to the receiver shuts off I can't move the control surfaces to actually measure the rates according to the aircraft's manual. This make it way more time consuming I have to power cycle the receiver each time to re-connect to check the control surface. Is this normal behavior once you connect the programmer cable to disconnect from the transmitter?
What program are you using? PC, Android or IOS. The PC is very stable and shouldn't disconnect. Use that if possible. The other two have varying degrees of success. IOS for me was very good too but others have issues.
Mar 20, 2018, 04:18 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
I have seen that behavior on an intermittent basis.
Mar 20, 2018, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Two things to change here

1) You can control the airplane if you put the remotes into B and R instead of L. The DATA port is shared with the L remote. The receiver needs to remotes to work, so one of them can't be in L.

2) In the AR7350 and AR9350, you program the rates and expo in the transmitter.

Andy
Mar 20, 2018, 04:21 PM
Crash Test Pilot
Correct.
Rates and Expo for...
AR9350 & AR7350 = Tx programming
AR636 = Rx programming
Mar 20, 2018, 04:55 PM
I called spektrum support number they had me move the sat receiver to B port fixed the problem I'm now able to connect while using my transmitter. My ipad connects much better then it did using the L port that seems to cause problems thanks for the quick reply.
Last edited by kell490; Mar 20, 2018 at 05:38 PM.
Mar 20, 2018, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Two things to change here

1) You can control the airplane if you put the remotes into B and R instead of L. The DATA port is shared with the L remote. The receiver needs to remotes to work, so one of them can't be in L.

Andy
My AR9350's don't have a "R" port. Only a B and L port.

XBUS is in use.

What do I do?
Mar 20, 2018, 05:40 PM
Mine doesn't have an R port either has xbus port, B, and L ports if you wanted to run 2 remote receivers where do you plug the 2nd one in L port?
Mar 20, 2018, 05:49 PM
No bounce, No play.
Run all remotes while flying. It's only when communicating with app is it a problem.
Mar 20, 2018, 07:07 PM
I have been only using one remote seems to not have any issues when I spoke to support earlier they said that was okay to only run one. I might be able to fit the 2nd one under the air brake maybe if I get the 36" wire.
Mar 20, 2018, 09:47 PM
No bounce, No play.
A 9350 plus at least one remote can cover all 3 axes. That's a good combination and placed away from inhibitors should be solid as a rock.

Point previous was go ahead and use L Port for flying. Issue is only on App access.
Mar 21, 2018, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8744
I know this has probably been answered, but ...
I have an AR636A (no SAFE) from an eFlite T28. I "hit the ramp" (actually power lines) on an approach and the plane was toast! Now, I have an extra AR636 with firmware 1.42 and wonder why, after a RESET, I can't treat this RX as an "open stock" RX & update it along with my other AR636's when & if Spektrum posts an upgrade. BTW, it is programmable (gains, etc) with the APP.

Thanks, Dave
No reason at all not to reuse it. There is a firmware version 1.43 that is available to download if you wanted to update to the latest as part of using it in something else.

Quick Reply