Aug 26, 2017, 03:39 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjonnz
So should the two built-in antennas of the AR7350 / AR9350 be placed at 90 degrees to one another? I would assume this is true to increase the path diversity if only one is active at any one time. Or is it preferable to have the two in-built antennas parallel to one another?

I read somewhere that the whiskers of dipole antennas should be kept parallel to one another, though I suspect that the built-in antennas of the AR7350 / AR9350 are two independent monopole antennas and therefore would be best placed at 90 degrees to one another. Can anyone confirm if this is true?
Yes the antennas of the 7350/9350 are NO dipole. They are 2 independent antennas (90 orientation would be optimal)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2017, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
Yes the antennas of the 7350/9350 are NO dipole. They are 2 independent antennas (90 orientation would be optimal)

Thanks.
Aug 26, 2017, 11:01 AM
I have a Samsung galaxy s7. The AS3X Programmer app does not even give me the option to download from play store. It says not compatible with this device. My old s4 worked fine.

How can I install AS3X Programmer on my S7?
Aug 26, 2017, 11:09 AM
It can't. The app team is working on improving compatibility. For now, keep your S4.

Andy
Aug 26, 2017, 11:37 AM
Closed Account
Andy,
Couple of questions:
Using the app I don't see 2ailerons & 2flaps setup for AR7350
Also don't see an AR9350 listed in receiver type

Sorry if these have been asked and answered

Ron
Aug 26, 2017, 11:54 AM
I don't use the app - it doesn't work on my phone either.

I'm sure one of the guys here will chime in.

Andy
Aug 26, 2017, 12:18 PM
Closed Account
Thanks Andy,
Guess i'll use the PC version for this one

Ron
Aug 26, 2017, 07:06 PM

AR9350 Fades and Frame Losses

I used to fly with a combination of an AR12020 and a TM1000 in an EDF jet. With a typical 3 minute flight, I never seemed to get any fades, frame losses or holds. All the numbers were at zero. I have now replaced this combination with an AR9350 which only has two satellites (as opposed to three on the AR12020), though I have taken care to position all antennas at 90 degrees to one another and without obstruction. With this new setup, I am finding for the same length flight at the same flying field, I am getting a small number of fades (20-60) and a couple of frame losses (1-2) but no holds. The antenna positions are either the same or slightly less obstructed than on the old setup.

I suspect that these numbers aren't a big deal, but I am not sure how to explain them. I am wondering if the AR9350 / AR7350 receivers are more sensitive to reporting fades, frame losses and holds than the older TM1000. Perhaps my old setup was under-reporting any radio signal hits?

Has anyone else had this experience? Should I ignore these relatively small numbers and 'just fly'?
Aug 26, 2017, 07:40 PM
They're not a big deal, in fact they're downright fantastic.

Those are not just relatively small, they're really good!

Just fly!

Also, the numbers may change from one flight to the next. It's not uncommon. Other modelers around can make a difference.

Andy
Aug 26, 2017, 08:06 PM
Thanks Andy, I suspected as much, though I guess it doesn't really explain why the old setup didn't report any hits.

I would assume that I shouldn't at all be concerned unless the numbers are in the ball park range of fades > 50, frame losses >20 and any holds, correct?
Aug 26, 2017, 08:11 PM
Sure it does. The RF environment is constantly changing.

Be careful about using DSM2 standards. DSMX is a very different animal for the numbers.

I haven't even looked at my Flight Log data in years because the link is rock solid.

Did you change the remote receivers? When I re-read your post it sounds like you did. You didn't need to. If you were going from DSM2 to DSMX then you would have needed to, but since you went from DSMX to DSMX you were OK to leave them in.

Andy
Aug 26, 2017, 08:59 PM
Sorry, I thought I was quoting the numbers expected for DSMX. If the numbers are wrong, can you please suggest the right threshold numbers? Thanks.

The DSMX satellite receivers have been replaced as well. There's a bit more of a background to this story in that originally, I had an external BEC failure, that resulted in too much voltage being delivered to the AR12020 receiver, which promptly blew up (smoke, etc) on initial connection. I replaced the BEC and receiver and also decided to replace the satellites at the same time, just in case the overvoltage had damaged them as well.

Interestingly, I had an aftermarket separate gyro stabilizer in my old setup, and moving to the AR9350, I have noticed a different 'feel' to the stabilization. It's hard to describe, but the aircraft seems to go where it is being pointed better and everything feels smoother and more predictable than before. Impressed so far.
Aug 26, 2017, 11:09 PM

AS3X with JR 28X

I like the AS3X but I just switched to the JR 28X transmitter and had to buy all new receivers because the new JR is DMSS. My question is can I run through the DMSS receiver then the AS3X receiver with JR XBus like I do with my VBars?
Aug 27, 2017, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesYoung
I like the AS3X but I just switched to the JR 28X transmitter and had to buy all new receivers because the new JR is DMSS. My question is can I run through the DMSS receiver then the AS3X receiver with JR XBus like I do with my VBars?
You would put an Alpha-6 after the DMSS receiver, and you would use standard servos not JR XBus one.

Andy
Aug 29, 2017, 08:28 PM

DX6 G2 and AR7350

Wondering if there would be any incompatibility. Have a friend who has a DX6 and wants to use it with a 30cc gasser. Plane takes more than 6 channels to operate with dual ailerons and dual elevators. Since these receivers set up the servos end points, servo assignment, etc. I'm thinking this would work. Has anyone tried it or had personal experience? I figure it only takes four inputs for the flight control leaving two channels for engine kill and gyro gain?

thanks,

Jay

Quick Reply