Feb 17, 2017, 06:50 PM
It means The Next Shipment Date is To Be Determined. What's the context?

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2017, 06:57 PM
Andy, I wanna order the "new" AR636 and hope I can use the remote receiver that I already bought with it?? Not clear in any documentation I can find???!
Feb 17, 2017, 06:59 PM
The open stock AR636 accepts a remote receiver. I use it that way myself.

Why do you think this is a "new" thing?

Andy
Feb 17, 2017, 07:04 PM
" Why do you think this is a "new" thing?"

Because the three AR636 that I have Do Not have the "port" on da side
Feb 17, 2017, 07:10 PM
Were they from BNF models?

Andy
Feb 17, 2017, 08:05 PM
Two were purchased & one was salvaged from a T-28 1.2 that had a recent unexplained vertical dive to destruction while coming in on final 50 yards out with absolutely stationary fingers on the transmitter sticks
Feb 17, 2017, 11:14 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
If you check closely, you should find those AR636's without the remote port are actually AR636A's or AR636H's out of BnF models.

The BnF versions do not have the remote port, the retail version does.
Feb 18, 2017, 02:56 AM
BMFA 190658
Not all BnF 636's are A or H

You can't tell what version you have from the label.
iirc my Sport Cub BnF 636 has the remote receiver port but no 'sensor' port.

Tony
Feb 18, 2017, 03:40 AM
Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Nordeck
Two were purchased & one was salvaged from a T-28 1.2 that had a recent unexplained vertical dive to destruction while coming in on final 50 yards out with absolutely stationary fingers on the transmitter sticks
That is interesting! I had a similar experience of my plane entering an uninstructed vertical dive from level flight on the downwind leg of a circuit from about 200 feet. I have the full telemetry log of the flight too with no fades, frame losses or holds - but I had no control! That was on an AR6600T though (with satellite)
Feb 18, 2017, 08:59 AM
They all come down

Vertical Dive

Which Transmitter, Which modulation (DSM2/DSMX)?
Feb 18, 2017, 09:49 AM
Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll550
Which Transmitter, Which modulation (DSM2/DSMX)?
Mine was DX9/AR6600T DSMX
Feb 18, 2017, 10:09 AM
...and my transmitter is a DX7 (DSM updated to DSMX by HH) with a no port AR636 in an almost new (5 flights) T-28 1.2m BNF. One thought: the plane was coming in almost nose on - straight at me / transmitter so in a bad signal position. And that is why I want to change to a "ported" AR636 with a remote receiver in my new still virgin replacement T-28.

Any more thoughts B appreciated.....
Feb 18, 2017, 10:46 AM
Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Nordeck
...and my transmitter is a DX7 (DSM updated to DSMX by HH) with a no port AR636 in an almost new (5 flights) T-28 1.2m BNF. One thought: the plane was coming in almost nose on - straight at me / transmitter so in a bad signal position. And that is why I want to change to a "ported" AR636 with a remote receiver in my new still virgin replacement T-28.

Any more thoughts B appreciated.....
But as with mine, why would you suddenly get a full down elevator movement with no input? Unless you had a receiver with preset failsafe and programmed it to do that (highly unlikely!!) it should continue with the last instructed servo position or the preset conditions should a hold occur (in my case there were no holds, though there were 3 frame losses (I incorrectly said none in my first posting)). In both our cases this certainly wasn't to give a down elevator command. I did send my telemetry data to HH but have received no feed back.
Feb 18, 2017, 11:03 AM
......Gravity just Sucks !!

and couple years ago I lost my Icon A5 on a similar final approach. With No control inputs it rolled inverted & dove into water. Recovered it with fixable damage but ailerons were frozen at full throw. And I had installed an off the shelf AR636 to counter the infamous tail wag.
Feb 18, 2017, 11:05 AM
....so I attributed that one to a "brownout" as a wild A. guess....

Quick Reply