Jan 23, 2017, 03:47 PM
Electric baptism 1975
How are you powering the Rx? With the PC programmer, you still need power to the Rx. The USB doesn't power it.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2017, 04:52 PM
Quote:
How are you powering the Rx? With the PC programmer, you still need power to the Rx. The USB doesn't power it.
Ah ha! Thank you DavidN. I did not know that. That did the trick. So no power with the Updater app but with power with the Programming app. Go figure.
Jan 23, 2017, 07:25 PM
Electric baptism 1975
I wasted at least half an hour the other night trying to find the PC updater & PC with Google. No luck, but they came up top of the list, first try today.
I'll put it down to site maintenance at search time.. or lack of kicking the computer
Jan 23, 2017, 08:21 PM

Kyosho Nexus 30

I just took my Nexus 30 out of mothballs of 10 years, It is in very good shape, but has an old 27 MHz system in it, What do you recommend for a AS3X receiver? Should I use the AR636 or try the AR636H I am not sure witch is better or if the AR636H can be adjusted for the size of this bird, Also will the AS3X in the standard AR636 work for the helli?

help please.
Jan 24, 2017, 04:28 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakn1
I just took my Nexus 30 out of mothballs of 10 years, It is in very good shape, but has an old 27 MHz system in it, What do you recommend for a AS3X receiver? Should I use the AR636 or try the AR636H I am not sure witch is better or if the AR636H can be adjusted for the size of this bird, Also will the AS3X in the standard AR636 work for the helli?

help please.
snakn, if you're asking about using your Nexus 30 with an AR636, I'm pretty sure it's 2.4GHz only. It's also only DSMX/2 protocol. Is the Nexus DSMX/2? I don't know of any HF/VHF compatible AS3X Rxs out there, but maybe someone else does?
Don
Jan 24, 2017, 05:57 AM
AMA #1059812
Quote:

help please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
snakn, if you're asking about using your Nexus 30 with an AR636, I'm pretty sure it's 2.4GHz only. It's also only DSMX/2 protocol. Is the Nexus DSMX/2? I don't know of any HF/VHF compatible AS3X Rxs out there, but maybe someone else does?
Don
Nexus is his copter and he wants to put AS3X in it.....
Jan 24, 2017, 06:37 AM
On the ol' Interweb
Quote:

help please.
Not sure AS3X is what you want if the heli still has a flybar. Perhaps a standard AR610 receiver is what you need. I did a quick Google search and there are some topics on helifreak.com on the Nexus 30 with a Spektrum radio system.
Jan 24, 2017, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazRC
Not sure AS3X is what you want if the heli still has a flybar. Perhaps a standard AR610 receiver is what you need. I did a quick Google search and there are some topics on helifreak.com on the Nexus 30 with a Spektrum radio system.
Thank you,
I was thinking the AS3X would be nice as I am not sure if the original Giro still works, so It would kill two birds with one RX. the AR636H is Replacement AS3X Helicopter Receiver: 200 SR X and it has Safe setup.
Jan 24, 2017, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandle
Be very careful connecting your ignition battery to the telem monitoring of your receiver. Most people with gas engines go to a lot of trouble to keep the two electrical circuits totally separate to avoid creating any RF problems for the receiver due to the ignition system.

In the past good practice has has seen people using non conductive pushrods for the throttle (such as nyrods) so as to avoid a metal pushrod being a conductor or antennae for noise, as obviously the pushrod has to connect to the servo, which connects to the receiver etc etc.

There was also a previous discussion about the Evolution sensor mentioned a few posts ago, and whether this was opto-isolated or not and whether this could potentially provide a source of interference.

Make sure you do a really, really good range test with the engine running.

Cheers
Thanks @jrandle. i was only going to connect if there is opto link. i have ordered temp sensor from eBay will arrive then connect that.
my existing pushrod are metallic but will check once the plane is fully ready to test. still in final stages.
Jan 24, 2017, 10:31 PM

Nothing but issues with AR636 app

Am I alone? Or does the spectrum app have serious issues! Useless!
Jan 25, 2017, 06:46 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
You're not alone but the app does work for many. Android version of it is hit or miss. The iOS version appears solid however folks have had cable connection issues.

What is your issue (s) ??
Jan 25, 2017, 10:22 AM
Take me to your toys
Haa
It wont even let me Download the Android Apk. Play store said "Your Device is not compatible"
It is a 6 month old phone on 5.1
Sent an Email to Horizon, still have not heard anything.
Jan 25, 2017, 10:42 AM
I'm in the same boat. I'm working with the engineer to get that and a few other things (like permissions) fixed quickly.

Andy
Jan 25, 2017, 11:51 AM
ION Pumper Since 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
I'm in the same boat. I'm working with the engineer to get that and a few other things (like permissions) fixed quickly.

Andy
Andy,

The new version I have for Android also plugs in and starts up, says it is out of sync with the RX (which is fine) and asks me if I want to sync from the RX, and when I say yes to sync from the RX it starts doing it, but when it completes it turns right around and says it is still out of sync - I ran it three times in a row and it keeps saying it is out of sync after it has just sync'ed itself... Please pass that along too!

Thanks,

PF
Jan 26, 2017, 06:33 PM

problem with PC programmer

My problem is that the PC programmer removes the "Receiver Orientation" option as well as "Heading Gain" option anytime I have an open stock AR636 plugged in to the USB cable. Unplug the receiver and I can create a NEW MODEL with both, but as soon as the receiver is plugged in any model made without the receiver plugged in and has RO & HG is not selectable. All new models created with the receiver plugged in have neither function.

Seems the default orientation is with the ant forward rightsize up. Can not change it

Any help would be nice. I have TWO receivers acting the same

randy

Quick Reply