Nov 08, 2016, 11:00 AM
Mistsien is right. You typ use elevator to control attitude and throttle to control altitude.

HH works great to land. I use it on both my Rare Bear and Funjet Ultra to minimize wing rock (which will cartwheel both on touchdown.) You can turn into final w/ wings level and a little nose high and then just ride the throttle down.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2016, 11:04 AM

one more stuped question about the AR636

what switch (switch F ?) do you use to change the DR on the TX (DX6) if you set up the DR on the AR636 RX? Can you change it to a different switch if it is not the one you want to use?
Nov 08, 2016, 11:29 AM

Spectrum Bluetooth

Has anyone tried this yet with the AS3X receivers and a iPhone?
Nov 08, 2016, 11:46 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
iOS update just came out yesterday for me in Canada and I just only connected to DXe to see if I could connect.

It appeared to work using 5s on not second to latest update, haven't got around to updating iOS.
Was going to connect to receiver today/tonight.
Nov 08, 2016, 11:46 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdub
Mistsien is right. You typ use elevator to control attitude and throttle to control altitude.

HH works great to land. I use it on both my Rare Bear and Funjet Ultra to minimize wing rock (which will cartwheel both on touchdown.) You can turn into final w/ wings level and a little nose high and then just ride the throttle down.
Exactly. But, it's funny/entertaining when the uninformed stick to their guns, though.
Nov 08, 2016, 11:49 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakn1
what switch (switch F ?) do you use to change the DR on the TX (DX6) if you set up the DR on the AR636 RX? Can you change it to a different switch if it is not the one you want to use?
Whichever switch you set up to change flight modes. Verify it by holding AIL, ELE or whatever at full throw and switch through your flight modes to see if the full throw at that endpoint changes as expected.
Nov 08, 2016, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistsien
Exactly. But, it's funny/entertaining when the uninformed stick to their guns, though.
As funny/entertaining as is banned members coming back.
Nov 08, 2016, 11:58 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektrum User
As funny/entertaining as is banned members coming back.
Whatever floats your boat, eh?
Nov 08, 2016, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Whichever switch you set up to change flight modes. Verify it by holding AIL, ELE or whatever at full throw and switch through your flight modes to see if the full throw at that endpoint changes as expected.
so you cannot have control of both the flight modes and DR separately? What if you want the gains set one way and then have a choice of full travel or less the full travel in the same flight mode? I want to set the DR in the TX VS the RX, but per the manual they want it setup in the RX. If so there should be a way of setting up a separate switch for it.
Nov 08, 2016, 12:16 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
so you cannot have control of both the flight modes and DR separately? What if you want the gains set one way and then have a choice of full travel or less the full travel in the same flight mode? I want to set the DR in the TX VS the RX, but per the manual they want it setup in the RX. If so there should be a way of setting up a separate switch for it.
Not sure on your DX6, but I can on my DX9. However, I like everything to change with flight modes so the switchology stays in line with my heli flying. DR/EXPO/gyro gains, etc all change together with one switch flip for each flight mode. It all comes down to personal preference and you were simply suggested one way to do it when asked.
Nov 08, 2016, 12:34 PM
Keep Looking Up
Easy to fix...
Nov 08, 2016, 12:47 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX232
Easy to fix...
Oh, is that supposed to "hurt" or something?
Nov 08, 2016, 01:47 PM
Blue Skies
Quote:
This isn't agreement versus disagreement. It's correct versus incorrect. There's a difference. Learn it.

I'm not sure what you're referring to since I didn't even make a comment about what I thought was correct or incorrect about using elevators or not. Some people read what they want into a comment. You still haven't shared with us what your real beef is about.

Quote:
Call it what you will. No one's debating if you're right or not. and it's not what you're writing that's the problem here, it's the way you communicate. Is "Learn it." your way of telling me off? Is that supposed to be instructional? Irritating?

No, , , it's just Pete/Electromagnetic saying , , , I'm baaaccckkk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX232
Easy to fix...
Done, and fixed.
Last edited by hifinsword; Nov 08, 2016 at 01:56 PM.
Nov 08, 2016, 02:05 PM
Quote:
so you cannot have control of both the flight modes and DR separately?
If you control the DR/expo from the TX you can. Flight mode that gets sent to the AR636 (typ on gear/ch5) will control flight modes. If you leave the DR/expo in the receiver the same in all flight modes, you can then put the DR/expo in your TX on a different switch.
Nov 08, 2016, 04:11 PM
BMFA 190658
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWillis
Has anyone tried this yet with the AS3X receivers and a iPhone?
Just seen this myself!

I've also just updated my iPhone app. It says Supports Bluetooth Programing Module

Is this an extra module needed or is it built into the 7350&9350 receivers?

Tony

Quick Reply