Jul 28, 2016, 10:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Fred,

There are several different versions of code in the various AR636 products. They have varying levels of programmability, ranging from none (Sukhoi) to partial (most RTR/BNFs, some SAFE) to full non-SAFE (open stock).

And as noted elsewhere, the "A" or "H" or no suffix mean little to nothing.

Andy
Note to your product managers: Give them useful names. Visible. Not on the backside. It is not very helpful if they all look the same if you need replacement. Some can be reprogrammed from a stock AR636, some not. It is very confusing.
I know, documentation and manuals is the weak side of Spektrum. At least on rhe receiver side.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2016, 10:16 AM
Yeh my old 480--
the ESC- HiTec 50 amp Sport ( red one)
EFlite 10
11x5.5 APC
1800 ma EFlite Hi performance three cell.
5 minute flites
aft cg !!!
As you know - allowing the AS3X or any rx to see low voltage - BAD .
The servos are HiTec too
On all my larger models, I feed A123 directly to rx battery -no switch.
This size being a three cell batt,is my limit for bec power.
Last edited by richard hanson; Jul 28, 2016 at 10:57 AM.
Jul 28, 2016, 01:20 PM
Ghost Rider the pattern's full

AS3X setup on a 3 pos switch

Hi all,
Is mode 1 +100 or -100 on a 3 pos switch?
Jul 28, 2016, 01:36 PM
in doubt, check the channel monitor screen...
Jul 28, 2016, 03:18 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers
Nothing hard to understand. Just can't find a similar plane that happens to have the same servo orientation and throws. I did notice the Sukhoi has been revamped with a new paint scheme and.... you guessed it, a programable receiver.
I must be missing something. I assumed if you put the Rx in the same orientation as the donor plane, you coul move the pushrods to the opposite servo arm to fix the direction of Tx control. Throws also could be mechanically fixed OR did you mean 3D plane setup vs trainer?
Jul 28, 2016, 04:08 PM
Fred Hsu
Quote:
Fred,
There are several different versions of code in the various AR636 products. They have varying levels of programmability, ranging from none (Sukhoi) to partial (most RTR/BNFs, some SAFE) to full non-SAFE (open stock).

Does the lable "AR636A" with an "A", Sport receiver lable, plus the PRG (programming) label by the bind port, TOGETHER, indicate a reprogrammable receiver? I think you are trying to tell me that even though the receiver from my 2015 Sukhoi looks identical to that from my Night VisionAire (2016) in terms of markings, the Sukhoi one isn't reprogrammable, at least not without flashing the firmware.

I had actually replaced the receiver in my Sukhoi (due to problems I mentioned). Had I known it was possibly reprogrammable I would have tried last year. I have since swapped many receivers with friends. But I believe the AR636A receiver I still have in my toolbox is from the Sukhoi.

I'll connect it to the phone app tonight, and report back.

Fred
Jul 28, 2016, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN
I must be missing something. I assumed if you put the Rx in the same orientation as the donor plane, you coul move the pushrods to the opposite servo arm to fix the direction of Tx control. Throws also could be mechanically fixed OR did you mean 3D plane setup vs trainer?
Your assumption ok.
And, a training plane will also work!
The as3x is often misunderstood.
The device simply corrects for wind gusts and poor inherent stability in some designs
If the model is trimmed for zero trim changes and linkages and servos are operating with no real slop, the device just corrects uncommanded attitude variations.
You, still fly the model
A 3D model or a trainer is handled in exactly the same way.
The sensitivity and intensity is not always the same but the 636 programming is not wild nor is the stock setup on the new alpha device.
The worst factory as3x Default was on the Splendor, but easily changed
We were surprised at how well the Sukhoi Rx adapted to other models.
The caveat is you must set up linkages for correct default throw and the servo throws should be proper for the particular type model
If 100 percent servo travel provides normal surface deflections, just hook up the Rx and go fly
balance for minimum stability and let the device do the hard work.
Last edited by richard hanson; Jul 28, 2016 at 04:18 PM.
Jul 28, 2016, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredhsu
Does the lable "AR636A" with an "A", Sport receiver lable, plus the PRG (programming) label by the bind port, TOGETHER, indicate a reprogrammable receiver?
No, but "pulled from a Sukhoi" means "not programmable."

Andy
Jul 28, 2016, 05:34 PM
Fred Hsu
Quote:
No, but "pulled from a Sukhoi" means "not programmable."
Yeah, Andy. Thanks. Confirmed.

I guess I never did click on the '+' new model icon. Otherwise I'd have figured out last week that, yes, I was lucky. I happened to have plugged a recently-released Night VisionAire into my phone.

See screenshot...

Fred
Jul 28, 2016, 06:31 PM
mmn
mmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
Note to your product managers: Give them useful names. Visible. Not on the backside. It is not very helpful if they all look the same if you need replacement. Some can be reprogrammed from a stock AR636, some not. It is very confusing.
I know, documentation and manuals is the weak side of Spektrum. At least on rhe receiver side.
Just make it work. Maintenance? Upgrades? Compatibility? Pfft!
Jul 28, 2016, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_33
I was able to get a AR636A receiver from the T-28 so I could look at gains and settings to use in the 9 channel receiver I plan on upgrading my T-28 too. When I plug the programmer and battery into the AR636A, I get the following error message

"There was a problem reading the device's identification"

I am using PC version 2 of the Spektrum Programmer. It connects fine with my 9 channel receiver. Any thoughts or ideas how I can open it and see settings?
Problem wasn't the software. The problem was a DOA cable. Purchased another one today, plugged it in, all was good. Guess will toss the old one in the junk drawer
Jul 28, 2016, 11:52 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_33
Problem wasn't the software. The problem was a DOA cable. Purchased another one today, plugged it in, all was good. Guess will toss the old one in the junk drawer
Talk to Horizon they have a reputation for making that sort of thing right.
Jul 29, 2016, 10:35 AM
HX4
HX4
UAS: FA33XLR7CL
Quote:
Fred,

Andy
Andy, questions??

1. Is the AR636a Rx in the Conscendo S not, partial or fully programmable?
2. No AR636 Rx specific for the CS listed under "parts" at the HH website. If needing replacement would it be possible to program the "Sport" AR636 with a copy of the CS's Rx program?
3. If yes to #2, where to find the specific SAFE/AS3X program specs for the CS?
Jul 29, 2016, 10:41 AM
From what I see online, the Conscendo allows adjustments to some parameters. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you need a replacement, you need to return the failed unit to Service.

Andy
Jul 29, 2016, 01:13 PM
Ghost Rider the pattern's full

SAFE Select AS3X settings

Hi Andy,
For the Timber and Spitfire receivers is there a limit to the changes I can make to flight mode 2 & 3 as I assume mode 1 is SAFE?

I tried to set mode 3 to zero rates for roll, pitch and yaw but it does not appear to change the Rx.

When I check the AS3X gains on my Tx they do not match the settings shown in the programming software for the Rx Mode 3.

Thanks,
GJS

Quick Reply