Jul 25, 2016, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
That's not a hard-and-fast-forever answer. It was an answer to a particular source of AR636 plane IIRC.

Andy
Does that mean it will be possible to reprogram/flash the SAFE AR636 that came in my Corsair? I want to use it in another plane that needs six channels, but I'm stuck with this piece of hardware that I can only use four channels on...
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2016, 09:52 PM

Santanig5

Hi. Thanks, I did a delete model and rebound. Ok, but still no AS3X action.
Jul 25, 2016, 10:39 PM
Cancel my last. Apparently the Rate gain must be set at 100%ABS on the app (PC).
Thanks.
Jul 26, 2016, 05:55 AM
Ghost Rider the pattern's full
Yea, this AS3X programming is tricky, I've gone through the videos, but they use terminology that I (or maybe all beginners) are not familiar with so it's not much help in the real world.
I need a AS3X for dummies or an intro to AS3X to better understand how all of these setting effect the aircraft Before I have to chase her all of the sky testing.

GJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell88A
Cancel my last. Apparently the Rate gain must be set at 100%ABS on the app (PC).
Thanks.
Jul 26, 2016, 07:44 AM

AR636A Problem Reading

I was able to get a AR636A receiver from the T-28 so I could look at gains and settings to use in the 9 channel receiver I plan on upgrading my T-28 too. When I plug the programmer and battery into the AR636A, I get the following error message

"There was a problem reading the device's identification"

I am using PC version 2 of the Spektrum Programmer. It connects fine with my 9 channel receiver. Any thoughts or ideas how I can open it and see settings?
Jul 26, 2016, 08:18 AM
Ghost Rider the pattern's full
Yea, go back to V1 of the programming software.
I had issues with V2 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_33
I was able to get a AR636A receiver from the T-28 so I could look at gains and settings to use in the 9 channel receiver I plan on upgrading my T-28 too. When I plug the programmer and battery into the AR636A, I get the following error message

"There was a problem reading the device's identification"

I am using PC version 2 of the Spektrum Programmer. It connects fine with my 9 channel receiver. Any thoughts or ideas how I can open it and see settings?
Jul 27, 2016, 11:44 AM
Flying in Italy
hi all,
I just installed a brand new AR7350.
I am able to connect to it with both phone or PC via USB.
The receiver is bound and telemetry is working.
I successfully put some servo reverse.

What I am not able to do is to adjust servo parameters and see servo moving in real time.
If I power on the receiver and the trasmitter without the programming cable, everithing initialize and I can move control surfaces with sticks.

If I connect the programming cable at this point, the interface don't see thev receiver connected.

If I switch the receiver on with the programming cable connected, I can configure the unit but all servos remain freezed. No input is received from the trasmitter.
If I adjust servo parameters, servo keep the position.
Only after disconnecting programming cable and reboot I can see the result.

Could you help me?

Ugo
Jul 27, 2016, 12:39 PM
You have the remote rx in the L port. Move it to B.

Andy
Jul 27, 2016, 01:50 PM
Makin' future-scrap
Ugobay,
My experience w/ the AR636 is:
If the transmitter is on - the connection to the iPhone will not initiate. Even without the TX on I sometimes need to try a couple of times before it connects.
The changes you make are not applied until it is written to the RX from the iPhone. If you leave the page your making setting from, the writing process happens. Then the servos will move to their new position.
Once you have established communications between the iPhone and RX, you can turn the TX on and test as you go.
It is a finicky interface for sure.
Jul 27, 2016, 02:48 PM
Flying in Italy
Thanks Andy, you right!
Everything is working well now.
I'm starting to study the AS3X setup now.

For Jimbo:
i never had connection issues, either by phone or USB.
Setup was written in the rx flash too.
I only was not able to "live adjust" servo setup.
I mean changing parameters and immediately see changes applied.
Jul 27, 2016, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugobay
Thanks Andy, you right!
I would like to think that's always the case, but my humility keeps me from that

Andy
Jul 27, 2016, 11:40 PM
Fred Hsu

What is the real situation with the AR636A reprogramming?

As of last week I was able to simply connect my iPhone with the Spektrum AS3X Programmer app to my Night VisionAire AR636A receiver. The app recognized this SAFE receiver and properly synchronized it to a new model in the app, with receiver type set to "AR636 (SAFE)". I was able to reprogram everything (but I left heading gains untouched). My NVA flew like a new plane after reprogramming.

So, what's the real story? Can all AR636A receivers from all Eflite planes be reprogrammed today, WITHOUT NEEDING TO BE FLASHED FIRST? I never flashed mine. I don't even have the USB cable.

But in this thread, as late as June 2016, people were still saying that AR636A must be flashed before reprogramming:

Quote:
Originally Posted by santanig5
Nope, AR636A which is what is should be as it was sold as either a RTF or BNF cannot be flashed or reprogrammed.
At least that is what I have been told on this forum.
Then I found the same from a bit earlier, in April 2016:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eojcr
Like some folks I tried buying a used AR636A supposedly from P-47 Thunderbolt. ... as these things go, it would appear I need to flash the AR636A firmware using a PC, USB cable and some sort of registration before I can connect and change any parameters via the mobile IOS app? Can someone please confirm if I got that right?
So, did I just get lucky? Perhaps only AR636A receivers in recently released plane can be directly reprogrammed without being flashed first?

I would appreciate if someone in the know can help me sort out this problem. I just wrote a short article for my local club, and I don't want to spread misinformation and incite unwarranted excitement. Just about everyone at my field wants to be able to optionally if not permanently turn off gyro gains and adjust those preset D/R rates.

Thanks.

ps: short article: Salvage and Reprogram the AR636A Receiver from Eflite Planes with SAFEŽ
Jul 28, 2016, 08:12 AM
Fred,

There are several different versions of code in the various AR636 products. They have varying levels of programmability, ranging from none (Sukhoi) to partial (most RTR/BNFs, some SAFE) to full non-SAFE (open stock).

And as noted elsewhere, the "A" or "H" or no suffix mean little to nothing.

Andy
Jul 28, 2016, 09:38 AM
Sukhoi 636 rx-
just set tx to default and change linkage on servos for correct direction
go fly
Jul 28, 2016, 09:43 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Richard is that yours???

I have a 636 in my Leader as well. lol. It was recommended to me as a home for electronics I had but I need to change the ESC because honestly it's not working out as best it could or to my licking.

You running recommended electronic or something else?

Quick Reply