Apr 29, 2014, 08:43 AM
Adam
I am assuming it has rx voltage Telemetry based on it having built in Telemetry. I haven't seen anything verifying what Telemetry is built in yet.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2014, 09:25 AM
Even more important to me seems that the built in telmetry rx sends with both antennas (if thats the case) vs. just one like in the TM1100 ior TM1000. With two antennas you always have at least one that is in a good position in relation to your tx. I had more dropouts with my TM1000 because of the singel antenna than because I was out of the range.
Apr 29, 2014, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa
I am assuming it has rx voltage Telemetry based on it having built in Telemetry. I haven't seen anything verifying what Telemetry is built in yet.
I haven't used one myself, but I don't expect it to have any more than the UMX rx's, which are F & H only.

Andy
Apr 29, 2014, 12:42 PM
Adam
I am glad you mentioned that. I was about to pre-order one and would have needed to return it if it doesn't have rx voltage. If there is any chance that is true then I probably should stick with AR400 and remove the case on the smaller TM1100 and hope I can fit that combo in my Binary IV DLG. Rx voltage is the biggest reason for me to get the AR636.

Any chance of you squeezing that information out of someone at horizonhobby more familiar with it? I realize you usually say you don't comment on future products so I don't really expect you to do that. Since it is in pre-order status though I can only hope someone at horizonhobby would be willing to help clear that part up. It would be very helpful to have that capability listed on the features page so that customers know what they are getting when it comes to Telemetry.
Apr 29, 2014, 12:47 PM
Thread OP
On the pictures there is even an X-Bus connector....
May 04, 2014, 07:53 AM
Need less hobbies, more toys
Does anyone know yet how the receivers will connect for AS3X programming? I would have assumed via a USB cable. But since they say it can be programmed via mobile devices too I am wondering it it can connect via Bluetooth or something. I can't imagine they would be manufacturing different cables for different devices. Wireless would be awesome...as would using transmitter forward programming.
May 05, 2014, 04:55 PM
Closed Account
The 636 manual is now on the Spektrum website.
May 05, 2014, 05:05 PM
Closed Account
Oh, I see. I ordered a 636 before the manual was published, now I see you need to order the cable separately. Of course, the cable isn't available. That would have been good information to have when ordering. So still not sure how it connects. The manual calls it an "audio" cable which isn't clear to me how that works. Back to waiting.
May 05, 2014, 05:45 PM
The audio cable plugs into the headphone jack on your mobile device and talks to the receiver through it. It will all become clear shortly, just have a little patience as things get released to the site.

Andy
May 05, 2014, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
The audio cable plugs into the headphone jack on your mobile device and talks to the receiver through it. It will all become clear shortly, just have a little patience as things get released to the site.

Andy

Very clever. Avoids the problem of different cables for different devices. Thanks for the details.
May 05, 2014, 06:20 PM
Kind of a pun on "talks" to, eh?

Andy
May 05, 2014, 07:01 PM
😄. Yup. Old school tech used appropriately. I would not have thought of that. Very excited to see the programming software and what options are available. I already have a plane build planned to try it all out assuming the AR636's AS3X supports dual ailerons.

The next few months should be exciting with all the releases. I am chomping at the bit for my new Sport Cub to arrive.
May 05, 2014, 08:09 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz

Andy
Right after I wrote that I had a lightbulb moment. All the devices have an audio output jack in common! As far as patience, I did say back to waiting. Assumed the cable would be included though, whatever it was going to be.
May 05, 2014, 09:46 PM
You don't want to pay for a cable for every receiver. One is enough. Have you seen the "mini usb cable" thread?!?!?

Andy
May 05, 2014, 10:01 PM
Closed Account
Oh, I understand. I wasn't complainin' I was admitting my flawed thinking progress. I'll just order a cable when they're out. No worries.

I saw that thread, but it turned into something else!! Staying out of it. I have lots of USB cables and even more binding plugs!

-Craig

Quick Reply