Jan 29, 2014, 07:31 PM
...and Nov '14 is a long way away. You'll hopefully gets tons of enjoyment from the current stuff this Spring, Summer and Fall.
Last edited by marksp; Jan 30, 2014 at 02:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2014, 02:41 PM
I wish Spektrum came out with a wholly integrated module that would combine a fine receiver, telemetry, a flight controller similar to the KK2 or ArduPilotMega and an OSD! All in one box. This way all the data acquired by all the sensors on today's copters could be shared and used by all those components and only one telemetry/data downlink from the craft to the ground station would be necessary.
Jan 30, 2014, 03:05 PM
Tree hopper
Features:

Programming cable for PC or mobile devices *
Three AS3X modes: Off, conventional values, Heading Hold
AVAILABLE Mixer: flaperon / Dual aileron, delta / elevon
V-tail and double elevator
Servo adjustment: Sub trim, servo travel, and more Wegumkehr
Adjustable gain on all channels
Built-in telemetry functions
* The PC software is available as a free download on spektrumrc.com at your disposal. Mobile devices can download a free app in the App Store

I know of a product like this, Great it will be all in one package now.
Jan 31, 2014, 12:31 PM
(Micro) WarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
Edit: AR7350 and AR636 added. Very interesting, even the smallest one has integrated telemetry (you see the X-BUS connector on the Label)
Tausend Dank for all your reporting from Nürnberg, Mukenukem! It's great to be able to enjoy the show vicariously.

The Spektrum US website now has pages and pricing for all three receivers with AS3X and built-in telemetry:

* AR636 (6 channel, $100, shipping soon?)
* AR7350 (7 channel, $150, shipping November)
* AR9350 (9 channel, $180, shipping November)

It looks like the AR636, along with the new DX6, will be available very shortly. Neither page mentions a "release date," just like products that are shipping currently.

Andy: I would love to see the new DX6 bundled with an integrated-telemetry RX! That would make the $230 price a much better value. (Graupner's entry-level MZ-12 6-channel TX/RX package features built-in telemetry for $150.)

Also, what are the chances of a Spektrum RX with built-in telemetry without AS3X? From what I understand, the AS3X functionality doesn't work with helicopters and multicopters. Our flight controllers already include all the stabilization stuff, it's kind of a waste to have AS3X (and pay extra for it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksp
...and Nov '14 is a long way away. You'll hopefully gets tons of enjoyment from the current stuff this Spring, Summer and Fall.
As noted above, it looks like the AR636 will ship soon. So if 6 channels are enough, we won't have to wait until November for integrated telemetry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_reu
I wish Spektrum came out with a wholly integrated module that would combine a fine receiver, telemetry, a flight controller similar to the KK2 or ArduPilotMega and an OSD! All in one box. This way all the data acquired by all the sensors on today's copters could be shared and used by all those components and only one telemetry/data downlink from the craft to the ground station would be necessary.
Couldn't agree more, t_reu. As far as I can tell, AS3X is useless for multicopter (and other UAV) pilots. My hope is that some of the established brands (Spektrum and Graupner are the ones I personally care about) will come out with something like that in the coming year or two. Crossing fingers...
Jan 31, 2014, 02:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthCopter
Tausend Dank for all your reporting from Nürnberg, Mukenukem! It's great to be able to enjoy the show vicariously.
You are welcome. A good friend told me I must go there and report all the stuff.
Jan 31, 2014, 03:23 PM
(Micro) WarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
You are welcome. A good friend told me I must go there and report all the stuff.
You're on a mission!

Anything good from Graupner? I would hope they have some good stuff on their "home turf."
Jan 31, 2014, 05:58 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
These receivers look awesome! I would like to try the 7350 in my 3DHS 72" Extra!
Jan 31, 2014, 08:20 PM
Tree hopper
a Guardian would be close right now
Feb 09, 2014, 06:50 AM
lownslow
flaperon, elevon, heading hold !! Count me in .........
Feb 11, 2014, 10:10 AM
I know the current 6ch AS3X Rx is listed as "Electric only". Are these new Rx's full range, and for all aircraft?

I want to use them in my small Turbine's.
Feb 11, 2014, 10:15 AM
full range -yeh - for ALL aircraft?
that's a good question
I suspect there is a caveat here as vibration raises issues with stabilization systems
I can see the application (for turbines) being of value
Feb 11, 2014, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Honda
I know the current 6ch AS3X Rx is listed as "Electric only". Are these new Rx's full range, and for all aircraft?

I want to use them in my small Turbine's.
IIRC it was vibration not range.
Feb 16, 2014, 12:08 AM
Will the 636 really have telemetry ? I can't see any indication that it will myself.

Anyway this is great. I have been flying my VA with AS3X for nearly a year and am looking forward to getting AS3X into some of my balsa models so I can fly them in higher winds.

Integrated telemetry sounds great, fitting the bulky TM1000 can be an issue in some models.

I am hopping that the new series will be able to do split aileron rather than having to use a Y harness though.
Feb 16, 2014, 01:28 AM
There is not much info at Spektrum but based on what is there and the pictures and even the part numbering system I would say the AR636 does not have the integrated telemetry that the AR7350 and AR9350 have. These latter two seem to share the same case and have labeling on top above the sockets for the various sensor plugs. The AR636 looks more like an AR610 upgraded with AS3X.

But, till we see more information we can only guess.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...rodID=SPMAR636
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMAR7350
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMAR9350
Feb 16, 2014, 02:06 AM
Tree hopper
@ Jason 50

If you read back up the post, the 636 is just a lite park flyer receiver.

Quick Reply