Mar 03, 2014, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman42
I am interested in this lovely plane, but i am using a Futaba 6J transmitter. So i guess I can not use the AS3X system. Is that right?
Correct you can't use the Spektrum RX with AS3X with your Futaba system. Stuff is pretty much brand reliant.

I wonder when Futaba will have a 3d stabilized RX?

But this plane should fly very well without it. Not a big deal. Buy it with the RX and sell it here - they go for pretty good money.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2014, 09:37 AM
From Spain. Madrid.
Very good idea. I wonder why this plane has to be sold with this system.
Mar 03, 2014, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Well because they are the same company! They like the BNF package stuff, and I like that as a consumer!
Mar 03, 2014, 12:19 PM
PSALM 14:1
Quote:

You can just buy the PnP version and use whatever Rx you want--that's what I did...
Mar 03, 2014, 08:08 PM
rgw
rgw

VisionAire or Artizan ??

Which is going to be the better plane for a relative noobie to learn aerobatics on, based strictly on the way it flies? If the VisionAire can do aerobatics just as well as the Artizan, then I will put the VA on my wish list & pay a few more bucks for the added versatility of that platform. I'm really looking forward to reports on how the Artizan flies & how it does the job it was designed for.
Mar 03, 2014, 09:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgw
Which is going to be the better plane for a relative noobie to learn aerobatics on, based strictly on the way it flies? If the VisionAire can do aerobatics just as well as the Artizan, then I will put the VA on my wish list & pay a few more bucks for the added versatility of that platform. I'm really looking forward to reports on how the Artizan flies & how it does the job it was designed for.
People seem to be not getting this plane, it has been said many times but i'll say it again

The ArtiZan is NOTHING! like the VisionAire they are two completly different planes

If you like flying the T-28 this is the fully sport model of that plane if you want to learn any 3D you will need to buy the VisionAire

cheers chuck
Mar 03, 2014, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker
If you like flying the T-28 this is the fully sport model of that plane

Glad to hear you say that Chuck!

My 65yr old Uncle LOVES his PZ T-28 and has/had COUNTLESS flights on it.

Problem is he likes trying to do things with it that it wasn't designed to do--including hovering in 15-20mph gusts last weekend, which didn't end well (see pic)

I'm thinking/hoping this Artizan will be just what the Dr. ordered
Mar 04, 2014, 05:33 AM
rgw
rgw
I understand that they are two different planes. That is why I asked which one would be best suited for learning aerobatics. If I also wanted to learn 3D then the obvious choice would be the VisionAire. I'm asking strictly about which plane is the better platform for learning aerobatics on. Which one would be easier to learn on? Can they both do the same aerobatic manuvers equally well?
Mar 04, 2014, 10:43 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Quote:
Can they both do the same aerobatic manuvers equally well?
NO!

Pay attention to what Chuck posted! The VisionAire is a pretty good 3D plane. The Artizan is a sport flyer that can do basic aerobatics.
Gary
Mar 04, 2014, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgw
I understand that they are two different planes. That is why I asked which one would be best suited for learning aerobatics. If I also wanted to learn 3D then the obvious choice would be the VisionAire. I'm asking strictly about which plane is the better platform for learning aerobatics on. Which one would be easier to learn on? Can they both do the same aerobatic manuvers equally well?
I would say go with the VA. While the two are obviously different the VA will be able to do anything that the Artizan can do in terms of aerobatics. Nobody, besides Chuck and HH employees, has really flown the Artizan yet though. So you are asking people a question in which few really have an answer to. The VA is a solid plane with a big following on its own thread. Few have really had any problems with it. All of that is why I would say to go with the VA. The Artizan is probably going to be faster and crisper at doing sport type flying. There will be moves that it will look better at doing than the VA, but the VA will be able to do them. Hope that helps.
Mar 04, 2014, 01:04 PM
rgw
rgw
Thanks for the reply. I started flying only about a year ago & am still learning. I have the t-28, P-51, icon, and carbon cub in the um series; and the PZ Archer, Wildcat, and P-47 in the larger series. My next plane will be either the VisionAire or the Artizan, hence my question. Like you said, the VA can do it all, so that's the way I'm leaning right now. Maybe when the reviews of the Artizan start coming out I will change my mind. We'll see!
Mar 05, 2014, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgw
Thanks for the reply. I started flying only about a year ago & am still learning. I have the t-28, P-51, icon, and carbon cub in the um series; and the PZ Archer, Wildcat, and P-47 in the larger series. My next plane will be either the VisionAire or the Artizan, hence my question. Like you said, the VA can do it all, so that's the way I'm leaning right now. Maybe when the reviews of the Artizan start coming out I will change my mind. We'll see!
As said earlier, nobody has any real experience with the Artizan, but the VA is so docile that I wonder why the Artizan. The VA is much easier to fly than the planes you have, so no problem there and it seems like the Artizan should be easier yet. Sounds like it might make a great trainer for new flyers though.
Mar 05, 2014, 08:57 PM

Wing spar caution

See post #57. I put the spar into one wing and it would not let go. Whatever the glue is that is in the wing towards the end of the spar tunnel, it is VERY sticky. Fortunately, I have a big vise with rubber jaws and V groove that could grip the spar and let me turn the wing against that resistance. Without that, I'd probably have damaged the wing before the spar came out. It was THAT TIGHTLY STUCK. So, if you will ever have need to remove the spar after assembling the plane, proceed with caution. I do not know if the answer is to coat the spar with wax or mold release before inserting, or try to get the goo out with a smaller diameter dowel. I'll experiment. Meanwhile, a word to the wise is sufficient.
Mar 05, 2014, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourist_603
See post #57. I put the spar into one wing and it would not let go. Whatever the glue is that is in the wing towards the end of the spar tunnel, it is VERY sticky. Fortunately, I have a big vise with rubber jaws and V groove that could grip the spar and let me turn the wing against that resistance. Without that, I'd probably have damaged the wing before the spar came out. It was THAT TIGHTLY STUCK. So, if you will ever have need to remove the spar after assembling the plane, proceed with caution. I do not know if the answer is to coat the spar with wax or mold release before inserting, or try to get the goo out with a smaller diameter dowel. I'll experiment. Meanwhile, a word to the wise is sufficient.
I had no such issue with my Artizan. Could be an anomaly with your sample.
Mar 05, 2014, 10:01 PM
My uncle's Artizan arrived today and it's sure a fine looking aircraft--nice job Parkzone guys!

I didn't have much time to mess with it, but did cautiously try the wing tube in both wings--happy to report NO issues inserting OR removing the tube by hand.

Can't wait to fly this one...

Quick Reply