Feb 20, 2014, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashmett75
II have the Same scheme as TXshan..but I have a Jetcat titan SE 34lbs of thrust..

My timer is set to 7mins...mine carries 128oz of fuel and 40 oz of smoke...So she weighs in at 33lbs on take off.

If I mix the throttle I can land at 7mins with 1/3 my fuse tank....If I am going WOT 95% of the time...then I had better stick the landing and ge back to mother earth @ 7mins.

I think if you build it light..the P80 will be fine...a 100rx would be ideal for speed and weigh and fuel consumption. But your on your way.

PS...you will be wanting to go faster. It is so much fun.

James
Fully agree with James... P100rx is the best ratio Weight/Thrust...
Mine is powered with a 100rx, it has just 70 grams of lead in the nose to balance...
I'm building a second one with a TJ74 (14 Kilos thrust).
to remove ads between posts
Feb 20, 2014, 10:08 AM
Not a Drone pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieoneseven
Thanks great shots of yours btw.
any suggestions on a pilot bust for this they say it's 1/6 or 1/8 .scale
Sorry I have no idea..All the guys I know that have the UF dont have a pilot as I recall.

James
Feb 20, 2014, 08:34 PM
THAT'S WHY
1/7 is perfect...
Feb 21, 2014, 11:30 AM
Aircrafting is noisey...what?!
Thread OP
Found a pilot at www.magmenpilots.com
Feb 22, 2014, 09:42 AM
MAAC SAVED RC!!
Those pilots aint bad. The faces look very real. Thanks for the link.
Feb 23, 2014, 11:26 AM
Thread OP
Mike Hicks has problems with his shopping cart and paypal issues on that site but can paypal you an invoice once you know what one you want send him your order directly.
[email protected]
Feb 25, 2014, 10:24 PM
Thread OP
Started work on the bypass duct around the engine bay after finishing the servo wire wrap up to the nose. Has anyone used or seen the need to add hot section insulation?
That outer duct needs to be trimmed to fit over the motor mount tabs on the lower section.
They suggested cutting a hole in the upper wing fairing to accommodate the kerostart plug.
Where did you put that up or down on yours?
They want you to be able to change plugs without removing the motor but with a kerostart would it be better on top to prevent it from flooding? I don't know if it would burn out as easily as a glow plug.
Feb 26, 2014, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieoneseven
Started work on the bypass duct around the engine bay after finishing the servo wire wrap up to the nose. Has anyone used or seen the need to add hot section insulation?
That outer duct needs to be trimmed to fit over the motor mount tabs on the lower section.
They suggested cutting a hole in the upper wing fairing to accommodate the kerostart plug.
Where did you put that up or down on yours?
They want you to be able to change plugs without removing the motor but with a kerostart would it be better on top to prevent it from flooding? I don't know if it would burn out as easily as a glow plug.
I made a hole on the top half of the bypass to accomodate the kerostart plug. I saw somewhere a picture where they put the plug upside down, but I prefer to follow the turbine constructor reccomendations regarding the position of the plug.

Moreover, the turbine constructor says that the burner may be damaged if put upside down.

Anyway, if you ever need to change the plug, removing the turbine is not a big deal: it will take a half hour in the worst case..
Feb 27, 2014, 10:59 AM
Thread OP
Is there a link to the" turbine constructor" I have seen pictures and words not agree in manuals before. Since the kero start plug will be sticking out a ways they provided some grommets I was planning to line that cutout with one.

My other question about the bypass duct is the one with the straight sides the top one?
I remember seeing somewhere the guys were having trouble with the starter motor support breaking on hard landings so someone suggested the supports be placed at 12 and 6 top and bottom in the manual the pictures show that at 3 and 9.
Mar 01, 2014, 12:14 AM
Thread OP
On the outer duct I had to add a thin plywood disc under the mounting tabs to bring the back end within the fuse to the - 0 to 1mm.
I also found the new C/G for the ultra version since the manual used the back of the wing tip rails forward and the ultra is missing those. 220 to 225 mm behind the wing to fuse joint.
I assume that is the surface where the wing dowels go in. Puts it close to the forward most servo cover screw.
Last edited by charlieoneseven; Mar 01, 2014 at 12:15 AM. Reason: typo auto corrected
Mar 27, 2014, 09:47 PM
Thread OP
Been working on air lines lately and have to find a spot for the air tank.
Also picked up the saddle tanks someone had a set nib.
Magmen pilot came today too it's a good looking bust Mike painted it for me also better than I could have done.
Apr 04, 2014, 02:17 AM
First RC Groups post so go easy on me

Some pics of my UF last weekend. What an amazing little plane.
Mine is fitted with Kingtech 100. Flies great. If I was building another I would go the 140 for better up hill action.

Paul.
Last edited by paulhat; Apr 04, 2014 at 02:27 AM.
Apr 05, 2014, 12:48 AM
Thread OP
Hey Paul,
Welcome to rc goofs.
Nice flash is your canopy blacked out or a super dark tint?
Everyone says bigger is better with turbines it's just one slippery jet with the flame lit.
What is the burn rate on that motor 20 oz a min?
Apr 05, 2014, 02:37 AM
Hi Charlie.
The canopy is dark tint. Tamiya smoke.
I think he UF just loves power. So much fun to fly. The 100 is great but you have to wind it up for the up lines. Having said that its no slouch with the 100 powering it. Still darn fast.
Not sure about burn rate. I set my timer for 6.5 minutes and land with almost half a tank left (I run wing and main tank).
Anyone considering a UF should just get one. Very honest plane that makes you want to fuel up and fly again.

Paul.
Apr 06, 2014, 07:59 PM
Some pics of mine from the Fort Bend RC Jet rally....

Decided to switch out my 160 for a Jetcat 120sx. Now I will be getting 9min flights w/o saddle tanks. Awesome little turbine..
Latest blog entry: Immortal Quads Demon

Quick Reply