Jupiter Junior vintage style biplane - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jan 29, 2014, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B.
It should give you a zipfile if you click on "Download starten".
Let me know how it goes. If you don`t get there, PM me your email.
There You go:
http://modell-aviator.de/files/downl...ter_junior.zip
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2014, 12:22 PM
scratchbuilder
Here is a motivational video - flying on a calm evening.
Jupiter junior Schönwetterflug (1 min 37 sec)
Jan 30, 2014, 03:15 PM
low tech high tech
What a great little plane!
Jan 31, 2014, 07:52 AM
For us He died, in me He lives
Nice rudder roll! I realize I never did try that with the J-Bug. Watching that vid really makes me want to cut foam.
Feb 01, 2014, 12:41 PM
scratchbuilder

wing camber update

Yes! Cut!
My friend Bernd discovered a better method for bending the wings. Bending the wing over a rolling pin works much better than bending it over a table edge.

Mistake on the download plan: firewall is 50 x45 mm, not 60x45mm.
Last edited by Thomas B.; Feb 01, 2014 at 12:47 PM.
Feb 02, 2014, 07:46 AM
serial scratchbuilder
Thanks for the plans. Nice quick build, looks like it's a good indoor bird.
Feb 03, 2014, 12:24 PM
old foamie
It looks great, like it could just up and fly off the chair on its own, nice build.
Feb 03, 2014, 01:28 PM
scratchbuilder
Very nice build. Please let us know how it flies.
Feb 05, 2014, 06:58 AM
serial scratchbuilder
"Briefly" would best describe how it flew. Pretty sure my thrust angle is too high as the plane keeps trying to climb onto its' own back.
Feb 05, 2014, 12:28 PM
scratchbuilder
As I see on your pic, you use a much bigger prop than i used on my prototype - so you are probably right with your guess. If it still does not behave with more downthrust, you could move the cg a bit to the front.
Feb 06, 2014, 05:42 AM
I call it 'landing'...
Sweet lil' lollipop! So many planes to built... [whisper]added it to my list.[/whisper]
Although I'm not allowed to do additional birds - guess I paint it pink and she would love the junior

@Thomas B: unfortunatly can't find a english analogue to 'rumwuseln' - thats was the first to me as I saw your bird.
Feb 08, 2014, 06:32 AM
scratchbuilder
Yes, it is great for rumwuseln. (dict.leo.org says "scurry)".
Feb 11, 2014, 09:48 AM

125% motor

Im building one at 125% out of $ tree foam. Just need to add the power system and glue the wings on and it will be maiden time. I was thinking of using a hk 2730 1500kv. Do you think this will be enough power? My experience with undercambered wings is they fly at basically one speed. I just need that speed at half throttle, and the plane is fun. I didn't scale the fuse width, but made it 50mm wide. I may have to go to a larger motor to get the cg right. Had problems finding the cg with things taped up. The top wing kept coming off. I may need to make a cg stand with bent sticks for the bipe. So far the build has gone well. Nice plans.
Last edited by mojoteri; Feb 11, 2014 at 09:50 AM. Reason: typos
Feb 11, 2014, 01:14 PM
scratchbuilder
I guess the motor should be powerful enough as HK says it produces 290 to 410g of thrust. My father plans to make a bigger version, too. I am very interested in your build and flight tests. Please post pics and video, if possible.