Jupiter Junior vintage style biplane - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jan 27, 2014, 06:56 PM
Ken's CAD Models
I already have mine partly built! In the tube that is.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
to remove ads between posts
Jan 27, 2014, 07:16 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Thomas,
Any significance to the number 3 on your plane? Also on the plans there does not appear to be any horizontal covering on the fuselage between the cabane structure and the rear upper fuselage decking. Am I reading this correctly?

Ken
Jan 27, 2014, 07:50 PM
For us He died, in me He lives
Nicely done Thomas! You hit that magic sweet spot for great flying small RET planes.

Looking forward to seeing more builds from the others. Folks are gonna love this little gem. Hey Ken, what gear will you be using in yours?

Jimmy
Jan 27, 2014, 09:01 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy JFlyer
Hey Ken, what gear will you be using in yours?

Jimmy
Jimmy,
I just happen to have the spec'd Turnigy 2211/1700 and some 3.7g servos in my stock.

Ken
Jan 27, 2014, 09:40 PM
Darn you Thomas.. I just finished cutting parts for your Swallow.
This one is seductive as well.
I agree it's Much more attractive than a Nutball.
Seemingly at 180 gms.. component weights aren't critical ?
Jan 27, 2014, 11:27 PM
7up
7up
,ɯǝ ʇoƃ ɐʎ ɟı ,ɯǝ ǝʞoɯs
Nice little bipe, thanks for sharing. Always nice to see new designs that actually looks like an airplane.

-Buk
Jan 27, 2014, 11:30 PM
When pigs fly rc
I love the design but the link does not seem to have a download. What am I doing wrong?
Jan 28, 2014, 09:21 AM
scratchbuilder
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Thomas,
Any significance to the number 3 on your plane? Also on the plans there does not appear to be any horizontal covering on the fuselage between the cabane structure and the rear upper fuselage decking. Am I reading this correctly?

Ken
It is number 3 because it is my third biplane design. (ok, I must admit number 2 was a triplane).
You are right, fuselage is open between cabane structure and rear decking. here I have acces to receiver and servo cables. It does not affect the look, because the upper wing and the cabane structure mask it.
Jan 28, 2014, 09:33 AM
scratchbuilder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare
Darn you Thomas.. I just finished cutting parts for your Swallow.
This one is seductive as well.
I agree it's Much more attractive than a Nutball.
Seemingly at 180 gms.. component weights aren't critical ?
If you want to fly in a small indoor space, a smaller battery (450mah) is better. For outdoor flying it does not matter so much if it is 180 or 210 g - you can go up to 900mah.

Have fun with the swallow / mauersegler!
Jan 28, 2014, 09:36 AM
scratchbuilder
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich
I love the design but the link does not seem to have a download. What am I doing wrong?
It should give you a zipfile if you click on "Download starten".
Let me know how it goes. If you don`t get there, PM me your email.
Jan 28, 2014, 08:48 PM
old foamie
Thomas, I think your plane is great and it flys like it too, but it kept looking familiar to me . I made a few construction parts and now I know what it reminded me of,a DVa . I hope you like it.
Jan 29, 2014, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich
I couldn't find it either. It is hidden amongst things in the right hand column, about halfway down "Download starten" in a box.

It wil be a month before I can get on to looking at it seriously - holidays again - hard life....
Jan 29, 2014, 01:35 PM
scratchbuilder
Quote:
Originally Posted by old foamie
Thomas, I think your plane is great and it flys like it too, but it kept looking familiar to me . I made a few construction parts and now I know what it reminded me of,a DVa . I hope you like it.
I definitely like it! Please build it and post pictures!
Do you know this Fokker prototype? It wasn`t intended, but maybe I had this one in the back of my head when drawing the Jupiter Junior.
Jan 29, 2014, 01:59 PM
old foamie
Its pretty neat how you can play with the tail and wing tips and the design can become something else as long as you don't goof up the great basic design and ruin it's good flight ability. Tweak the tail a little bit and you could make a pfaltz d3 and be Bruno Stachel from The Blue Max. I bet it would make a great parasol flyer also, lots of possibilitys . The V1 Fokker was different, might have to scout around on the net on that one. I have the junior already downloaded and just needs to be printed out and taped together , again thanks for the great design.
Jan 29, 2014, 02:09 PM
scratchbuilder
You are very welcome.
In fact, I tried The JJ as a parasol once and it flew well - just a bit faster and with even more rudder authority.