Jan 28, 2014, 02:37 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
Looks great Andrew. Can't wait to fly one.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2014, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7
Looks great Andrew. Can't wait to fly one.
Me too!
Jan 28, 2014, 02:51 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
I don't need a 56 size plane but I'll get one just to have the first run of AJ's new company, well of course the looks fantastic as well. I have three 3DHS AJ planes right now and every one of them is just about perfect in every way.
Jan 28, 2014, 02:52 PM
3D & FPV Junkie
I think this will be my next airframe. probably 56 since I got the electronics sitting around.
Jan 28, 2014, 03:07 PM
Count me in. IMHO 3dhs lost "something" when they relocated.
Jan 28, 2014, 03:08 PM
Curious of the electronics from the 51" will fit in this 56", or I'd the 56" would prefer something along the lined of the 59"
Jan 28, 2014, 03:12 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14
Curious of the electronics from the 51" will fit in this 56", or I'd the 56" would prefer something along the lined of the 59"
based on the equipment andrew listed, its in between. looks like the motor/esc and a light battery of the 59, but the servos of a 51
Jan 28, 2014, 03:12 PM
3D & FPV Junkie
I spoke with AJ and he said he did numerous flight with the 51 gear and loved it. No issues at all
Jan 28, 2014, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dskuro95
I spoke with AJ and he said he did numerous flight with the 51 gear and loved it. No issues at all

Nice, I was wondering if my gear from my in pieces 51 would work.
Jan 28, 2014, 06:03 PM
Looks great!
Jan 28, 2014, 06:24 PM
As the owner of a 3DHS Slick 71, 89, 104 and a Bigfoot (I assume AJ designed the Bigfoot), I'm definitely interested in any of AJs new designs.

I've become very dissatisfied with 3DHS. Parts availability is very poor and as I discovered with my Bigfoot, support is not good. After all the issues I had with putting my Bigfoot together, I decided to looks elsewhere for my planes.

I would love to see updated Slicks as well as the Laser.
Jan 28, 2014, 06:32 PM
TAS Kustoms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jesky
All,

Thanks for starting the thread for my venture into the ARF aircraft. First off my family and I are very excited to be going out on our own. I have been very fortunate to work with a couple really great companies to produce my design but the time had come to do my own thing. I have been working on the Laser 230 for a while now making sure it is up to previous designs and really want to take the planes to the next level. When I started looking for planes I wanted to find something that was different than what was already on the market. I felt that there are plenty of great designs out for almost all aircraft types, so I needed to find something different. The Laser 230 for me was that, it was a mid wing design that allowed for some changing around to produce a model that will 3d very well as well as track in faster maneuvers that are not ever popular in the freestyle contests.

As far as the aircraft go I have 2 sizes that are ready to be released to the market, a 56" Laser 230 as well as a 73".
The 56" Laser is setup to run on a Hacker A40-10s Motor on Thunder Power 4s 3300's, I'm using a Talon 90 ESC and Hitec 85mg servos all around. I do not have a accurate weight of the production model but will be posting that tonight. I believe I was able to create a smaller sized model that will give the performance of many 30cc aircraft in a smaller package. The model includes dual ball links on all surfaces.
The 73" Laser that I'm flying is currently setup for Thunder Power 8s 4400's on a Hacker A60-5s swinging a 21x10 prop. I have tested these models on the Jeti Mezon 120 with an internal BEC as well as the Castle Ice 100 with a Castle Pro BEC. Both setups are working very good. I have also flown this plane on a 6s setup and it will be nice and floaty but your flight times will be between 4-5 minutes. With the 8S setup I'm able to get 6 minutes of flying which is a mix between 3d and big open maneuvers.

The airplanes will be coming in 2 color schemes my competition scheme as well as retro Leo Laser scheme.

I have attached a few pictures from AEF this year.

I will be posting more and more pictures here soon along with info to come. Also, we will be launching the website very soon so keep tuned to that. If anyone is looking for additional info please feel free to drop me a message here, on Facebook, or my email which is [email protected].

Thanks,

Andrew Jesky
Thanks andrew for letting me fly them this weekend, they truly are the best built up arfs ive flown. So stoked to see how popular they become.
Jan 28, 2014, 06:49 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoffman
Me too!
Preorder!
Jan 28, 2014, 08:55 PM
Thanks guys for the kind words!! I'm very excited for everyone to get to fly the models, it has been a great time designing the planes but nothing makes me happier than to go and see the smile on peoples faces after they fly the designs. That to me is what this hobby is all about, making good products people enjoy and have fun with.
Also, I'm always open to ideas from everyone, I have been readying some people would like to see a pattern plane brought to market and trust me I would love nothing more than to design a pattern plane for my own company. So I listen and hope we can make things people will continue to like.

Andrew
Jan 28, 2014, 09:01 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
Nothing puts a smile on my face more than my 51" AJ Slick

Quick Reply