Dec 21, 2017, 07:27 PM
twitter.com/hobbygeek053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
AJ's 105" Laser 230Z is my favorite airplane of all time by far! Just a few pictures from this weekend, as soon as I iron out my setup I'll get better pictures and a video to go along.

Awesome!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2017, 07:30 PM
twitter.com/hobbygeek053
I was lucky enough to have Andrew Jesky join me on my podcast. If anyone would like to hear it you can find it on itunes or google play (search for hobbygeek), or you can go directly to sound cloud.

https://soundcloud.com/hobby-geek/ep12-andrew-jesky

It was a great conversation.
Feb 19, 2020, 07:37 PM
Finally setting up my new AJ Laser 73" with a DLE 35 RA up front, 2 lipos - ignition and RX, 12oz tank.

With the above setup what is the common positions/setup for the Elevator and Rudder servos?
Just trying to think ahead for CG setup without adding weight...

1. Pull-Pull on rudder and one servo on elevator? I1 at tail)
2. Pull-Pull on rudder and TWO elevator servos? (2 at tail)
3. Single Elevator and rudder servo mounted at rear with pushrod? (2 at tail)
4. Dual Elevator Servo and rudder servo mounted at rear with pushrod? ( 3 servos mounted at tail).

Any advice appreciated and will save me time experimenting to get the best combo to get CG.
Thanks!
Last edited by KenCz; Feb 20, 2020 at 11:27 AM. Reason: darn spell check
Feb 20, 2020, 10:42 AM
Mine is set up with option 3. Rudder/Elevator servos in the back. One battery in the back.16 Oz tank.
Latest blog entry: Car Show
Feb 20, 2020, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasra
Mine is set up with option 3. Rudder/Elevator servos in the back. One battery in the back.16 Oz tank.
Thanks Kasra - I prefer the direct push rod servo on the rudder so I was leaning that way, but still wanted some feed back from those who have already built the AJ Laser.
Feb 21, 2020, 08:39 AM
When AJ built the 73, he told me pull pull rudder and single elevator servo if using a 30-35. If your unsure, install engine and dry mockup the tail servos to see where you need them to balance. I had a 40 twin in mine this way and still balanced great. I would hate for you to go tail heavy and have to add weight up front
Feb 21, 2020, 11:30 AM
Nappy-R
Thanks for the valuable feedback from you and the Man himself.
I am planning to do exactly what you suggested - leave the rudder and elevator to last.
I can then fine tune using the on-board batteries.
Feb 24, 2020, 08:59 PM
Fully Sending It
Just wanted to say, the 105" 230Z has over 700 balls-to-the-walls flights on it since day 1 and isn't showing any signs of giving up anytime soon!
Apr 01, 2020, 05:40 PM
3D & FPV Junkie
Mine was built with rudder on pull pull and 2 elevator servos. I used a DA-35 with a Pitts exhaust and it was an animal! I do a lot of really hard flying and this setup was money! Xcpress could vouch for this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenCz
Nappy-R
Thanks for the valuable feedback from you and the Man himself.
I am planning to do exactly what you suggested - leave the rudder and elevator to last.
I can then fine tune using the on-board batteries.
Apr 02, 2020, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dskuro95
Mine was built with rudder on pull pull and 2 elevator servos. I used a DA-35 with a Pitts exhaust and it was an animal! I do a lot of really hard flying and this setup was money! Xcpress could vouch for this!
Thanks for the good feedback!

Quick Reply