Mobius setup software for Mac - RC Groups
Jan 26, 2014, 06:10 PM
Discussion

Mobius setup software for Mac

Hi,

I'm creating the software to manage the Mobius on Mac.. very similar to the windows version (mSetup).
This is a native 64 bit cocoa objective c app..
I just finish to build the interface and create some logic, update the fields, implement the exclusion logic and so on..
What is missing actually is the load and save of the configuration file..
I'll implement it in the next days..

Here some screenshots

History
- V1.0B: The app now support also the loading and saving of the configuration file.. should works from OSX 10.7..
Please let me know about issues

- V1.1: Added support for new firmware 1.17
Added icons (thanks Larry)
Now works from OSX 10.6

- V1.2: Removed not allowed clip length when loop recording is enabled
Added automatic config file loading dragging the file on the icon app
Added config file loading dragging the file on the app window

- V1.4: Bug fixes

- V2.5

Available also the new version compatible with the firmware V2.41
Download the MobiusManagerV2.app !
Please try it and let me know about issues, I had not a lot of time for testing

The procedure is:

1. Download the camera's configuration file to the flash card in the camera (HOLD DOWN MODE BUTTON, THEN ALSO HOLD DOWN POWER BUTTON UNTIL LED ACTIVITY STOPS).

2. Connect the Mobius to the Mac (will be recognised as a mass storage)

3 Load the settings file from the Mobius using the app

4 change the settings, then click on the save button

5 safely remove the Mobius

6. Upload the revised configuration back into the camera. The same key-press sequence used to download the configuration from the camera will also upload it to the camera.
Last edited by LorenzoG; Oct 18, 2015 at 10:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2014, 06:14 PM
Here the app.. if someone would check it..

UPDATE: The app is in the first post
Last edited by LorenzoG; Jan 28, 2014 at 01:22 PM.
Jan 26, 2014, 06:18 PM
Great news as a fellow mac user I'm looking forward to seeing the finished article. Are you ok writing the file via the USB port? I read somewhere that apple locks this kind of activity down making this sort of app difficult to create. Hope thats not the case.

Keep up the good work

Stuart
Jan 26, 2014, 06:25 PM
The first step will be to support the reading of an existing configuration (from version 1.13..), change it, and save it..

Then I would add also the direct USB connection.. but I need some details from who already implemented it
Jan 27, 2014, 01:48 PM
I completed the reading and writing of the configuration file..
I did not a lot of tests so any help in checking the result is appreciated
Last edited by LorenzoG; Jan 28, 2014 at 01:22 PM.
Jan 27, 2014, 02:50 PM
Did some very quick tests the app seems to load a config file & save it back fine. Only tested changing a few settings but looks promising.

Stuart
Jan 27, 2014, 03:16 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdemmery
Did some very quick tests the app seems to load a config file & save it back fine. Only tested changing a few settings but looks promising.

Stuart
Hi Stuart,

What version OS X are you running?

Regards,
John
Jan 27, 2014, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer
Hi Stuart,

What version OS X are you running?

Regards,
John
Mavricks 10.9.1
Jan 28, 2014, 12:05 AM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Does this only work in 10.9?

Because I tried loading it in 10.8.5 and no go.
Jan 28, 2014, 02:17 AM
Actually yes, but I can compile it to be used from version 10.8
I'll post the new file soon
Jan 28, 2014, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdemmery
Mavricks 10.9.1
Thanks, I'm running Mavericks 10.9.1 as well. I'll have to try this out.

Regards,
John
Jan 28, 2014, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskim
Does this only work in 10.9?

Because I tried loading it in 10.8.5 and no go.
Try the new file in the first post
Jan 28, 2014, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoG
Try the new file in the first post
I get this error message with the file in the first post:

You have OS X 10.8.5. The application requires OS X 10.9 or later.
Jan 28, 2014, 05:03 PM
Sorry, I changed the wrong option..
I updated the file again.. (and now should works from 10.7)
Please let me know
Jan 28, 2014, 06:06 PM
Was able to launch it.

I take it that I first generate a config file on the mobius.

Then can I access that file via USB while the card is still in the camera, change the settings and then write it back to the file on the card in the cam?

And then do the new settings take effect without any other thing to do?
Jan 28, 2014, 06:51 PM
The procedure is:

1. Download the camera's configuration file to the flash card in the camera (HOLD DOWN MODE BUTTON, THEN ALSO HOLD DOWN POWER BUTTON UNTIL LED ACTIVITY STOPS).

6. Upload the revised configuration back into the camera. The same key-press sequence used to download the configuration from the camera will also upload it to the camera.
Jan 28, 2014, 07:25 PM
Thanks

will give it a try
Feb 04, 2014, 09:47 AM
Flight cadet
This is very COOL! thanks.

Does this version support the latest version of the Firmware
Feb 04, 2014, 04:43 PM
ScotchRocks
Quote:
The procedure is: ...
2. Connect the Mobius to the Mac (will be recognised as a mass storage) ...
I've never been able to connect my Mobius to my Mac (Mini). How is this supposed to be done?
I've tried connecting with various USB cables with power off, then turn it on, connect with power on; doesn't work and hasn't since I got the camera.
Does it work for everyone else but me?

Oh, yes, the app works great! Thanks for your effort.
Last edited by OneMoreHobby; Feb 04, 2014 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Thanks for the app!
Feb 04, 2014, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreHobby
I've never been able to connect my Mobius to my Mac (Mini). How is this supposed to be done?
I've tried connecting with various USB cables with power off, then turn it on, connect with power on; doesn't work and hasn't since I got the camera.
Does it work for everyone else but me?

Oh, yes, the app works great! Thanks for your effort.
I have two Mobius cameras using a Mac PRO running OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks. While the cameras are off, all ll I have to do is connect them to the computer using the supplied USB cable, they will cycle on by themselves and appear on my desktop as a removable disk.

Regards,
John
Feb 04, 2014, 05:50 PM
ScotchRocks
Quote:
I have two Mobius cameras using a Mac PRO running OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks. While the cameras are off, all ll I have to do is connect them to the computer using the supplied USB cable, they will cycle on by themselves and appear on my desktop as a removable disk.
Thanks, John.
Y'know, as many times as I've tried, I don't recall ever just leaving the power off to see if it mounts. As soon as I can get to the camera again, I'll give it a try. (Shooting about 4 hours of time-lapse right now of clouds).
Feb 04, 2014, 11:59 PM
ScotchRocks
Quote:
...While the cameras are off, all ll I have to do is connect them to the computer using the supplied USB cable, they will cycle on by themselves and appear on my desktop as a removable disk...
Tried it, but no luck. Mobius won't mount for me.
bummed.
Feb 05, 2014, 03:42 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Tried it, but no luck. Mobius won't mount for me.
bummed.
Do you get any camera LED activity at all when you plug into the USB port?

Did you try different USB ports, or different computers. Most of the time this problem is flakey cables.
Feb 06, 2014, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygen
This is very COOL! thanks.

Does this version support the latest version of the Firmware
Yes, supports only the latest firmware 1.13

About the usb connection I never had problems..
I neither read the instructions, I just connected the camera (With the sd that must be inside) and if not mounted I just pressed the power button.. then the device appears. .
Feb 06, 2014, 03:17 PM
ScotchRocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Do you get any camera LED activity at all when you plug into the USB port?
Yes:
- blue about 1 second
- green about 1 second
- no LED about 1-2 seconds
- yellow/orange on solid

Quote:
Did you try different USB ports, or different computers. Most of the time this problem is flakey cables.
Yes, tried all 4 ports that are on a Mac Mini & 2 ports on a MacBook Pro. Tried the 2 cables that came with the camera (charging cable and AV cable with USB plug) in all the ports, but camera didn't mount.

All other camera functions work fine. Webcam mode (Apple's FaceTime app) works with the USB cable but not the AV cable with the USB plug.
I'm stumped.
edit: Running MacOS 10.9.1 Mavericks, the current version of the OS.
edit2: Remembered that I have a 9 ft charging cable for the Mobius too, so I just tried that, but still no luck. :-(
Last edited by OneMoreHobby; Feb 06, 2014 at 04:28 PM. Reason: OS info
Feb 07, 2014, 12:59 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Yes:
- blue about 1 second
- green about 1 second
- no LED about 1-2 seconds
- yellow/orange on solid

Yes, tried all 4 ports that are on a Mac Mini & 2 ports on a MacBook Pro. Tried the 2 cables that came with the camera (charging cable and AV cable with USB plug) in all the ports, but camera didn't mount.

All other camera functions work fine. Webcam mode (Apple's FaceTime app) works with the USB cable but not the AV cable with the USB plug.
I'm stumped.
edit: Running MacOS 10.9.1 Mavericks, the current version of the OS.
edit2: Remembered that I have a 9 ft charging cable for the Mobius too, so I just tried that, but still no luck. :-(
I'm betting your USB data (4 wire) cable is the problem. The standard USB cable that comes with the camera is inexpensive and many of them don't work reliably. Try a good quality standard 4 wire USB cable.
Feb 07, 2014, 11:40 PM
ScotchRocks
Quote:
I'm betting your USB data (4 wire) cable is the problem. The standard USB cable that comes with the camera is inexpensive and many of them don't work reliably. Try a good quality standard 4 wire USB cable.
Is that a USB Mini "B" cable? Like this?
Feb 07, 2014, 11:52 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Is that a USB Mini "B" cable? Like this?
The one you linked has the proper plugs to connect camera to PC, but it says it's a 5 wire cable. The data cable for PC connection has only 4 wires. The Mobius uses that 5th wire for it's video out functions (though they differ on V2 vs V3 camera circuit boards) so that extra connection at the PC end may be problematic, but only if the PC has it connected. Normally it's unused and the pin is normally connected for PC data cables. I'd look for a 4 wire USB data cable to be sure there's no connectivity on that 4th pin.

That's also a pretty inexpensive replacement cable... similar to the ones that come with the Mobius that have a frequent problem. It might be better quality, but,
Feb 08, 2014, 12:19 AM
ScotchRocks
Quote:
The one you linked has the proper plugs to connect camera to PC, but it says it's a 5 wire cable..:
Duh... yeah - you said 4 wire and i show you 5 wire.
I think this should do.

...or maybe a bunch of these.
Feb 08, 2014, 12:53 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Duh... yeah - you said 4 wire and i show you 5 wire.
I think this should do.

...or maybe a bunch of these.
The first link looks best... the shorter the better. Long cables cause signal loss...
Feb 13, 2014, 06:36 AM
The Mobius Manager (Mac) works fine on Mac OS X 10.8.5. Well done.
Feb 13, 2014, 06:25 PM
Any chance this can be compiled to support slightly older versions of OSX?

I'm on 10.6.8, and for several reasons can't upgrade yet. Looks like 10.7 is the current minimum.
Feb 13, 2014, 09:54 PM
Hate my ipad4 lol
No USB
Is there anyway these iPads can install software like these and for naza32 acro flight controllers ???
My pro is down ( new version ) because of defected battery POS lolo
Feb 14, 2014, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syspig
Any chance this can be compiled to support slightly older versions of OSX?

I'm on 10.6.8, and for several reasons can't upgrade yet. Looks like 10.7 is the current minimum.
Hi,

As soon I have a free slot of time I'll check if it is possible to compile the software without a lot of changes for 10.6..
I'll let you know
Feb 14, 2014, 06:10 AM
Much appreciate your software. As a recent Mac convert having made the leap from the PC it's good to find alternative ways of doing things that don't need me to also keep a PC!
Feb 14, 2014, 07:42 AM
Flight cadet
Keep in mind that the current version does not have the ability to upgrade the firmware -- and also keep in mind as Tom has explained that some option combinations lead to unsupported configs... the current developer of the Windows tool is in close contact with the developers of the firmware (or Tom -- i do not know) to keep the firmware and tool in line...

this is NOT intended as a start of a flame war -- I'm typing this on my MacBook and am very happy I can edit the config using my Mac.
Feb 14, 2014, 07:54 AM
Oxygen, the wrong combination are manger as far as I know..
If there's some missing combination someone could simply tell me the issue and I'll fix it..
But actually I have no known issues..

About the firmware yes, you are right, and I'll neither add that possibility..
When a new firmware will be available I'll use the official tool.. but it's happens not so frequently as a change of setting.
Feb 14, 2014, 09:23 AM
Flight cadet
totally agree -- and I use the tool for the same reason -- so THANK YOU! :-)
Feb 16, 2014, 11:24 PM
ScotchRocks
Quote:
...About the firmware yes, you are right, and I'll neither add that possibility..
When a new firmware will be available I'll use the official tool.. but it's happens not so frequently as a change of setting.
Speaking of which, V1.17 is on Tom's Mobius Support Thread now. Appears to be a modest update from the standpoint of a GUI fix. Whatcha think?
Feb 17, 2014, 07:58 AM
Thanks.. I didn't know about the new firmware release..
I'll update the software soon..
then I'll try to compile it also for 10.6 and I'll ad the icon to the software (thanks to Larry)
Feb 17, 2014, 05:19 PM
The new release is available in the first post
Feb 17, 2014, 09:57 PM
ScotchRocks
Quote:
The new release is available in the first post
That's great!
I suggest that you announce the update on the Mobius Support Thread, to make more Mac users are aware of your app - keep your name out there.
Feb 18, 2014, 11:20 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
That's great!
I suggest that you announce the update on the Mobius Support Thread, to make more Mac users are aware of your app - keep your name out there.
I put links in post #3 of my Support thread for the MAC apps, if people always go there first for new info.
Feb 19, 2014, 03:29 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Thanks for this!!
Feb 20, 2014, 04:30 AM
Happy to see the app is appreciated
Feb 20, 2014, 05:10 PM
ScotchRocks
With regard to the Loop Recording setting, if it's turned on, then the recording duration may not exceed 5 minutes. So, the user must set the duration to either 3 minutes or 5 minutes if Loop Recording is on. If the durations is set for a longer time, the Mobius will just ignore it and record for only 5 minutes, but looping will remain active.
Just a heads-up.

Are you interested in hearing feature requests? I have a couple.
Feb 21, 2014, 12:04 AM
<<x USMC
Excellent work on the app! I just installed the app on OSX 10.9.1 and it launches fine... just gotta wait for my class4 card to get here and I'll start playing with the settings, thanks guys!

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, keep them coming!
Last edited by r0beert0; Feb 21, 2014 at 12:10 AM.
Feb 21, 2014, 05:47 AM
Quote:
With regard to the Loop Recording setting, if it's turned on, then the recording duration may not exceed 5 minutes. So, the user must set the duration to either 3 minutes or 5 minutes if Loop Recording is on. If the durations is set for a longer time, the Mobius will just ignore it and record for only 5 minutes, but looping will remain active.
Just a heads-up.

Thanks for the info..
I didn't know this "limitation"
I'll include this control in the next release

About the features.. yes, I already have something in mind to add or improve.. but we could create a list and sort the features from a user interest point of view..
Then when I'll find the time I can write the code
Feb 21, 2014, 01:58 PM
Cowboy up...
Lorenzo,
Thanks so much for putting this together! Excellent work.
Feb 21, 2014, 03:43 PM
ScotchRocks
Quote:
About the features.. yes, ... we could create a list and sort the features from a user interest point of view...
OK, these are not giant killers, just conveniences.
- Drag 'n Drop the icon for SYSCFG.TXT onto the Mobius Manager icon to open the app with the config ready to edit.
- Can you enable the capability to double-click the SYSCFG.TXT file to open the app with the file ready to edit?
- The web GUI created by Iacopo Boccalari contains an area where you can Drag 'n Drop the SYSCFG.TXT icon to open the file for editing. Perhaps you can do something like that with your app.

I recognize that the first 2 may be system level hacks that you don't want to get involved with and that's OK. They're not directly handled by your app. Thought I'd just toss 'em out there.
Feb 22, 2014, 01:44 PM
Quote:
The procedure is:

Hi,

great job really!
I am more than happy, that I don't have to use my old PC for this.
Just one thing: as long as the app is not dealing with the config file automatically, could you display the procedure to down/upload the file somewhere in the app?

Thanks,
Mike
Feb 23, 2014, 06:27 AM
Thanks a lot guys..
Soon I'll add some improvements

P.S. for who wrote me using pm.. I answered to the messages with the quick reply, but I don't see my answer in the sent box.. thanks
Feb 24, 2014, 02:47 PM
This might be a stupid request as I imagine there is not much demand for it but, would you be able to make the application compatible with Macs running PowerPC processors? Id love this program but despite running OSX 10.5.8, it only seems to work with intel macs.
Feb 25, 2014, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skmattwell
This might be a stupid request as I imagine there is not much demand for it but, would you be able to make the application compatible with Macs running PowerPC processors? Id love this program but despite running OSX 10.5.8, it only seems to work with intel macs.
Sorry, last time I tried to set the OS from 10.5.. but it seems I have too much code to change..
Feb 25, 2014, 04:45 PM

Mac Update 10.9.2 - Mavericks

It looks as if the MobiusManager for Mac still works after Apple's release of the latest update for 10.9.2 Mavericks.

I was able to read the SYSCFG.TXT, make changes and then save the changes made. Nice work.

Cheers
Last edited by Are_See_4_Me; Feb 25, 2014 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Mac not make
Feb 25, 2014, 05:49 PM
New version 1.2 released
Removed not allowed clip length when loop recording is enabled
Feb 25, 2014, 06:56 PM
Quote:
New version 1.2 released
Removed not allowed clip length when loop recording is enabled
The config file loading when dragging to the app icon works. I tried dragging the config file to the open app window and nothing happened.
Feb 26, 2014, 06:13 AM
Mmmhh.. strange.. did you dragged the SYSCFG.txt directly from mobius ?
Feb 26, 2014, 09:30 PM
I'm having no success. When I start the app, it dies with

Code:
2/26/14 8:24:44 PM	MobiusManager[52629]	Unable to load nib file: MainMenu, exiting
every time. This is OSX 10.6

Suggestions?
Feb 27, 2014, 12:56 PM
Hi TaleDragger

I'm investigating.. it seems there's a problem allowing the compatibility from 10.6..
The problem is that I have just a 10.9 (and 10.8 at work) mac to test the software..
I'd need to know if the app is working in all the OSx from 10.7 and if the problem with 10.6 is always present..
Feb 27, 2014, 02:52 PM
Ok, I understood the issue related to the dragging..
Now should works..
I also did some changes to the project hoping now it will work also on 10.6
Feb 27, 2014, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Ok, I understood the issue related to the dragging..
Now should works..
I also did some changes to the project hoping now it will work also on 10.6
Hi Lorenzo,

The drag and drop to GUI now works, however, the app doesn't seem to save the configuration once changes have been made. I created the SYSCFG.TXT file several times after having made changes and saved them but they are not being wrote back to the SYSCFG.TXT file.
Feb 28, 2014, 02:04 AM
Hi
You are right.. if you load the file with dragging it then you can't save it..
Sorry.. I'll do a quick fix soon.. I have few time unfortunately..
Thanks for the feedback !
Feb 28, 2014, 02:40 PM
With the last version (1.4) the problems should be fixed
Feb 28, 2014, 04:06 PM
Quote:
With the last version (1.4) the problems should be fixed
Great. I will try it here in a bit and let you know. Thanks for making this available and the work you have put in to it.
Feb 28, 2014, 05:07 PM
1.4 works just fine now with the drag and drop and the configuration save. Great work.

Thanks.
Feb 28, 2014, 05:24 PM
Great !
I'm curious about the 10.6 compatibility..
Mar 01, 2014, 01:43 AM
ScotchRocks
Lorenzo, thanks so much for the fast update to v1.4. Works great with 10.9.2 - Mavericks. Good job!
Mar 03, 2014, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Great !
I'm curious about the 10.6 compatibility..
Just tested 1.4 on OSX 10.6 with Mobius FW 1.13.

Nothing extensive - just dumped the SYSCFG.TXT to the SD card, dragged/dropped it to MM and made a couple minor changes. Saved it back to the SD, loaded it to the Mobius - all worked as expected with the modified settings.

Thanks much!
Mar 03, 2014, 06:49 AM
What's the weather?
So awesome! Works perfectly and without issue on Mavericks 10.9.2. Thanks for the effort put in!
Mar 04, 2014, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leg0er
So awesome! Works perfectly and without issue on Mavericks 10.9.2. Thanks for the effort put in!
Hi Lorenzo, I'm running 10.9.2 also and it hums
Brilliant effort, thanks heaps.
Mar 05, 2014, 03:28 AM
Thanks guys!
Mar 05, 2014, 09:36 PM
Will this work with #16 cameras?
Mar 06, 2014, 03:27 AM
No, it's just for the mobius..
I don't know the 808.. has a similar setup file to set the parameters ?
Mar 19, 2014, 07:46 AM
Did you get it on video?
Is there a way to get it to update the firmware (1.17) through this GUI?
Mar 21, 2014, 10:55 AM

Confusion on Mobius setup for Mac

Greetings.

Just got my Mobius camera. Downloaded app. Followed the procedures 1,2 and 3. All seemed to go well. Was not too sure which settings to use, but anyway. In Step 4 says "click on the save button". But this was not active so I used the exit button. Step 5 says safely remove the Mobius. Does that mean drag the app symbol "No Name" to the trash? Or just unplug it? Step 6 says Upload the revised.......back to camera. Tried this but the LEDs did not flash the same. And got a warning that I unsafely quit the app. Is something missing in the procedure steps? What did I do wrong? Running OS 10.6.8.
Looking forward to using on my Bixler 2.
Thanks for any help.
Irandar
Mar 22, 2014, 09:56 PM
Did you get it on video?
In your finder window, you should have the drive for the Mobius listed on the lower left side. You click the eject icon, and you can then "safely" remove the camera.

I had the hardest time getting mine to work. I finally gave up and changed the brand of SD card. That fixed it. It didn't like the scan disk, but the PNNY worked great.
Mar 26, 2014, 03:09 PM
Got time to try this again.

Seems to work now w/10.6 but I have some comments.

Some linked restrictions don't jibe with what I thought was the case. For example, the loop recording is limited to 3 & 5 minutes. The jpg time lapse does not account for <2 second intervals not having time-stamps, & being limited to 1280.

The time setting is not all that useful, since it writes the current time to SYSCFG, but it will be later when you load it into the Mobius. A five minute lookahead would be nice.

But still a good tool. Thanks.
Mar 27, 2014, 07:07 PM
Just updated FW to 1.20 but now MobiusManager (mac) wont run, says it is only compatible with FW 1.13 to 1.17. Is there a new version of MM that I can't find? Thanks
Mar 28, 2014, 05:55 PM
Sorry guys but I'm very busy at work..
I just updated the app to work also with 1.20 firmware.. no changes..
And the next month I will be away for a business travel in usa.. without a mac
I hope to have more time then..
Mar 29, 2014, 12:17 PM
Thanks for your efforts....
Apr 11, 2014, 11:27 PM
Great job! works fine for X 10.9.2
Apr 14, 2014, 09:57 PM
doz
doz
D.O.
id sure like to see the source code for your app as I'm wanting to do a paramater load/store program for another device to run on Macs as well. Possible?

D.O.
Apr 17, 2014, 02:40 PM

Connecting Mobius USB to Mac disables the Mac USB keyboard

Any other Mac user have the issue where connecting the Mobius USB to a Mac (10.7.5) disables the Mac USB keyboard.
May 04, 2014, 05:52 PM
Hi - OSX 10.9.2

I am able to create the file, load it, and when I make changes it APPEARS to save, but then when I restart the mobius, it's the same settings.

I did reboot it, then held down power, mode until it stopped blinking which "should" load the new config, but it did not.

Thanks,
Mark
May 07, 2014, 02:51 PM
I just got a mobius camera and tried connecting it to my Mac today and had the same results as you. Both the mouse and keyboard froze up! I've never had that happen before in 8 years of using my Mac. Were you able to get the mobius camera to work?

My computer:
MacPro OS 10.7.5
iMovie 11 9.0.9 (what i was using to try to get images off the camera)

I would appreciate your insight into this unique problem.

Ben
May 07, 2014, 05:02 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Sounds like a USB power issue. Do you have an external powered USB hub that you could connect the Mobius to?
May 08, 2014, 02:23 PM
Thank you for sharing this tool. I just got my Mobius and tried opening the SYSCFG file. I get an error:
" Camera revision not supported! Actually supported only revision v003"

The last two lines from the txt file:
{TLCAM MOV:TLCAM Mobius ActionCam 2014/03/17 v1.20}
{LDTLCAM,v003}

I am curious if this is require a software version change, or do I need to change my firmware.
Thanks again !!
May 11, 2014, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by txautomator
Thank you for sharing this tool. I just got my Mobius and tried opening the SYSCFG file. I get an error:
" Camera revision not supported! Actually supported only revision v003"

The last two lines from the txt file:
{TLCAM MOV:TLCAM Mobius ActionCam 2014/03/17 v1.20}
{LDTLCAM,v003}

I am curious if this is require a software version change, or do I need to change my firmware.
Thanks again !!
for some reason the parsing procedure returns an error..
can you please post here you config file.. I'll take a look
May 17, 2014, 09:19 PM
MikeMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSDMark
Hi - OSX 10.9.2

I am able to create the file, load it, and when I make changes it APPEARS to save, but then when I restart the mobius, it's the same settings.

I did reboot it, then held down power, mode until it stopped blinking which "should" load the new config, but it did not.

Thanks,
Mark
I had a similar issue. Some settings were saved, power on and power off, but I couldnt get the video 180 flip to save. Even tried to edit the text in notepad but still no good.

Also tried to use the web based GUI even though the firmware version wasnt technically supported. Same issue though.

Thankfully I have access to a PC and I was able to setup the camera.
Jun 08, 2014, 06:35 PM
Thanks LorenzoG for writing this app! I am using OSX 10.9.3 and the app works perfect for me.
Jun 09, 2014, 04:32 PM
Many thanks for this little App. The time it took my old Pc laptop to start up, i'd loaded this on my Mac, changed a few settings and got everything working nicely. Time to get the Mobius stuck on my quad and get seem flying done!

Thanks again
Jun 11, 2014, 05:55 PM
Multirotor Enthusiast
Excellent- works for me perfectly using Mavericks!
Jun 12, 2014, 10:17 PM
Thanks for doing this! It was super easy and ran well on Mavericks! Boo ya!
Jun 15, 2014, 05:54 AM
The Sequel
just updated settings to suit me in my new secondhand mobius, too easy, thanks for the app, as I could only get my hands on a Mac to use, camera is running great
Jun 24, 2014, 03:53 AM
Just advising that I'm having exactly the same issues as PBSDMark, and nacho2059. All changes made, and saved OK. Disconnect Mobius from my Mac. Hold Mode then Power buttons until LEDs stop before releasing buttons. Go for a drive and changes haven't been saved at all.
Jun 27, 2014, 01:35 PM
After saving the file in the app, open the drive on your desktop for the camera SD card. Is the settings file saved the the drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRINOZ
Just advising that I'm having exactly the same issues as PBSDMark, and nacho2059. All changes made, and saved OK. Disconnect Mobius from my Mac. Hold Mode then Power buttons until LEDs stop before releasing buttons. Go for a drive and changes haven't been saved at all.
Jun 28, 2014, 05:33 PM
Aalesund, Norway
Thank you very very much, works perfect !
Jul 08, 2014, 10:33 PM
KB3VOJ
Worked Perfect. Thanks!
Jul 10, 2014, 03:03 PM
Motorsn

My Mac security.........:(

My MAC Security won't let me open the app.......how do I get around that?

Thanks

Don Henderson

shamandon@icloud.com