This thread is privately moderated by Manudepron, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 25, 2014, 08:13 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Model Aviator Scooter

I build the Scooter from a plan found here:
http://modell-aviator.de/modelle/kur...er-aus-depron/
This German mag place each month online a free to download pdf plan.
Designer is Lutz Näkel

I was seduced by its uncommon shapes !
To be honnest, fuse building is not that easy!
HK10 grs outrunner, gws 7 x 3 prop, 6 grs servos, 6 A esc and a 2 S 300 mah lipo
Rtf at around 140 grs.

I modded the plans in order to make the wings removable for storage.
Therefore, I made as from the plans recesses for the wing profile but added a second layer of 3 mm depron and vertical 6 mm depron strips. This was made on the fuse innersides before assembling. I beveled the cuts for the wing resesses as dihedral on this plane is quite high.
The plan indicates a one piece 3 mm depron top but I prefered to make it in 2 pieces. First the aft portion, installing tails pieces, making the control linkages and second closing all the top.
Wings were cut in 3 mm depron, curved by hand on a plastic tube. I always cut my wings with the "smooth" depron side on the underside. Wings reinforcement are made by fiber tape strips on the underside. Wing struts are attached to the wings thanks to HK lightweight control horns.

Wings are inserted in cutouts and retained by bamboo wing struts and clips made from paper clips and some aluminium tubing. See pictures.

Flight vodeo
Scooter Tabora 2014 (0 min 38 sec)
Last edited by Manudepron; Jan 26, 2014 at 10:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply