gws in the uk - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 10, 2015, 04:55 PM
They come in silver, green and unpainted, rare as rocking horse poop, I sold both the C47 models I brought in really quickly so folk still want them
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2015, 09:23 AM
Just a heads up for the modellers in the UK, I am currently asking around on various sites , what the ardent GWS modellers want imported in the next shipment, ..I am looking forward to bringing in Pico TMs , Islanders, Cargotrans quads, FW190s, AT6s, P40s and some more Corsairs, if they are still available. If you are interested in anything else please contact me by PM on this site please note Formosa, Pico j3 cubs, TM 400 kits are now no longer available
Still available through me are 1x F15 , 2x A10s 1X spitfire and 1 mustang

regards

Gordon
May 15, 2015, 05:14 AM
A big thank you to Mr Chen, for keeping me on track with the new order.
For all you guys in the UK , the order is now in , kits should be here and on sale in about 8 weeks max,
the Facebook site "Mount Frost Imports" will be up and running, as will the website. and if you are previous customers either through here, through Ebay, or FB you will receive a circular soon with a list of the stock and spares available
regards
Gordon
May 20, 2015, 01:35 AM
Hi Gordon,

It's my pleasure !
You are the only one who imports GWS kits now !
Good luck

Chen
May 28, 2015, 07:18 AM
And Gordon has an order for two GWS kits for me in the next shipment - so, GWS Taiwan, don't give up yet!
Cheers
Ratty
May 28, 2015, 08:26 AM
Ratty, the shipment is due here 2nd july, I will be in Cyprus until the 7th (son getting married there, really inconvenient, but thats life) hopefully customs shouldn't take very long, and Kath will let you know the minute they are available to send

Happy Landings
May 29, 2015, 02:05 AM
Hi Ratty & Gordon,

It's a pleasure to know that you two are in contact with each other for GWS kits.
Good luck to you two ! And my congratulations to your son, Gordon

Chen
May 29, 2015, 02:19 AM
Thanks Chen ,
Jul 08, 2015, 08:39 AM
For any of you guys in the UK that are interested, My latest delivery of GWS planes is now sitting at London docks, waiting for someone at HMRC to pull his finger out, get my EORI number to me so I can get them released ... should be available next tuesday or wednesday
Jul 11, 2015, 11:11 PM
0h, we have had the run around with the GWS kits this time, first the shippers want something called an EORI, so we apply or it from HMRC then the customs want the container number(each of these actions take at least 2 days , the only contact with HMRC is by email), before they can issue the EORI so we eventually get the EORI number , great, so far, (my kits have been sitting at Tilbury since july 2nd), then the shippers want full VAT paid, because you don't have to pay only on the goods, you have to pay on the shipping and the insurance,(fortunately we can reclaim it) so that was paid , that should get thing rolling.... no chance , 24 hour wait for trading standards to inspect the kits to check if they are counterfeit or not. thats ok, so now the models are waiting for the transport to bring them home, even that has it's problems , they can't pick up until early doors on Monday, by that time the shippers said the kits have been stored for over a week so we would have to pay rent (30/day)on them... anyway after a long conversation, and due to the time we were held up by customs the shippers have relented on the rent ... hurrah.. So the Genuine , non counterfeit , VAT paid GWS kits will finally arrive here on Wednesday at lunch time thank goodness there were only two pallet loads I dread to think what would have happened had it been a container.
Anyway, If anyone is interested in any of the kits , contact me on facebook "Mount Frost Imports" page , on here, or at mountfrostimports@aol.com for details... previous customers should by now have received a mail shot

Regards all

Gordon
Last edited by gordynic; Jul 11, 2015 at 11:20 PM.
Jul 16, 2015, 06:06 AM
New batch has arrived safely , has been unpacked and checked and are now ready, we also have this time, a number of replacement cowls for AT6, P40, Zero, Pico Tiger moth, rear u/c mouldings for the Islanders and nose pieces for P38
kits available are Pico tiger moths, BN2 Islanders, C47 skytrain,Cargotrans quad, FW190, , P40, AT6, and F4U Corsairs 1 zero ,1 spitfire A10s and F15

iterested, contact us mountfrostimports@aol.com
Jul 17, 2015, 07:29 AM
For the past few years I have been looking everywhere for GWS kits. Model shops, online...even considered buying one from the USA (but the shipping was more than the kit price).

GWS kits are fab quality, affordable and fly as well as anything else available out there. For Park Flyers they are the brilliant value...especially with a cheap brushless motor and clear calm Summer evening.

Gordon already has my order for a Pico and F4U. Early birthday present.
And I want to pre-order a couple for next time, as an early Christmas present
Chen, don't give up on the UK yet...if Gordon imports them we will buy them...I will be at the front of the queue for these great GWS kits.

If only GWS would start making the DHC-2 again, please
Jul 17, 2015, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyPast61
For the past few years I have been looking everywhere for GWS kits. Model shops, online...even considered buying one from the USA (but the shipping was more than the kit price).

GWS kits are fab quality, affordable and fly as well as anything else available out there. For Park Flyers they are the brilliant value...especially with a cheap brushless motor and clear calm Summer evening.

Gordon already has my order for a Pico and F4U. Early birthday present.
And I want to pre-order a couple for next time, as an early Christmas present
Chen, don't give up on the UK yet...if Gordon imports them we will buy them...I will be at the front of the queue for these great GWS kits.

If only GWS would start making the DHC-2 again, please
your kits were dispatched this morning flypast, should get them early next week , please drop an email to let us know they have arrived... we haven't used Myhermes before,
as a carrier and need feedback

Gordon
Jul 20, 2015, 12:21 AM
Hi Flypast,

We value UK very much, that's why we help Gordon, the only one dealer in UK who imports GWS kits still. Thank you for your supports. But I'm afraid that my boss has not yet made up his mind on producing the new batch of GWS planes other than Slow Stick.

Chen
Jul 20, 2015, 02:30 PM

Christmas..........in July!

A well wrapped and carefully delivered package arrived on my doorstep this morning. This is a sight I thought I would never see in the UK again... brand new GWS kits in my living room. Even the dog wanted to pose with them

After searching for them for so long...they are almost too good to build. Almost

Thanks Gordon for a great service; good prices and fast delivery. I am one happy customer, and will be ordering the rest of my GWS wish list very soon.