Thread Tools
Jan 25, 2014, 04:05 AM
ITS ME DAVID's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

Hobbyzone Champ Or Hobbyzone Super Cub Dsm


I'm coming from 4 channel micro heli and want to get into planes. I'm debating between these two rtf airplanes anyone have both and willing to share there thoughts on which is better for a newbie airplane flier thanks.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2014, 07:41 AM
Registered User
I go to a in side flying thing every Wednesday night. I saw a guy there that had a flyzone UMX cub. I've been looking for a real small trainer to fly inside that really looked like a fixed wing plane. I have all Spektrum radios and the flyzone is not going to work with the flyzone plane but you can get a 'AnyLink' that will get the DX6I radio to work with the flyzone.

Anyway the reason I got in here was this guy at the Wednesday night thing just bought his first fixed wing plane. He's a super RC helicopter pilot but has never had a fixed wing. So he bought the FlyZone cub. It looks real nice. Flies very well and is real stable. He started flying it in side and is doing real well. So that being said it makes me feel that it must be a real nice flier. So I bought one yesterday. It should be here Monday.

I was really torn because the ParkZone will talk straight to my DX6I with out any other parts required. Just bind and fly.

Just thought I give you my thoughts. I not an expert.

Good luck. I hope you find what you want.

jack
Jan 25, 2014, 12:11 PM
ITS ME DAVID's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjdog350

Anyway the reason I got in here was this guy at the Wednesday night thing just bought his first fixed wing plane. He's a super RC helicopter pilot but has never had a fixed wing. So he bought the FlyZone cub. It looks real nice. Flies very well and is real stable. He started flying it in side and is doing real well. So that being said it makes me feel that it must be a real nice flier. So I bought one yesterday. It should be here Monday.

I was really torn because the ParkZone will talk straight to my DX6I with out any other parts required. Just bind and fly.

Just thought I give you my thoughts. I not an expert.

Good luck. I hope you find what you want.

jack
Thanks jack let me know your thoughts if it when u get it up annd flying
Jan 25, 2014, 02:24 PM
Registered User
BamaBasher's Avatar
I have both the Champ and the (now smashed up) Super Cub. I like them both a lot. I got the SC first. It's really stable and very forgiving. But I wanted something I could fly anywhere is I bought the Champ. It's probably my favorite RC I own. So much so I'm getting another one.

I don't think one is really better than the other. They are both 3ch, stable and easily repaired.
Jan 25, 2014, 02:36 PM
ITS ME DAVID's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBasher
I have both the Champ and the (now smashed up) Super Cub. I like them both a lot. I got the SC first. It's really stable and very forgiving. But I wanted something I could fly anywhere is I bought the Champ. It's probably my favorite RC I own. So much so I'm getting another one.

I don't think one is really better than the other. They are both 3ch, stable and easily repaired.
Thanks bama might just get the champ for now then later get the super cub
Jan 25, 2014, 04:27 PM
Registered User
I saw this posting where a guy made floats for the ParkZone Champ.

It's a PDF file and can be printed out. I did that and I'm currently making a set of floats for the champ. I hope they also will fit the Cub.

He has a video of the Champ flying with the floats. Does not seem to hold the Champ back any?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1274849

jack
Jan 25, 2014, 05:19 PM
ITS ME DAVID's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjdog350
I saw this posting where a guy made floats for the ParkZone Champ.

It's a PDF file and can be printed out. I did that and I'm currently making a set of floats for the champ. I hope they also will fit the Cub.

He has a video of the Champ flying with the floats. Does not seem to hold the Champ back any?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1274849

jack
Nice mod I seen it but no lakes near me I'm
By the rosebowl


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools