ATJ Turbine Owners Thread - RC Groups
Jan 24, 2014, 04:54 AM
Discussion

ATJ Turbine Owners Thread

I have an ATJ 120 Ti turbine and sadly lacking is an owners thread for the ATJ turbines.

My 120TI has 477 mins on it and whilst I bought it second hand I have really only put 40 mins on it myself. The turbine was configured for gas start but was changed to Kero start and the previous owner wasn't able to get it running properly. The Xicoy ECU was not programmed properly when I received it, so I basically had to start from scratch to get it running properly to top it off it had been run for a short time with synthetic two stroke oil, once I discovered that (turbine would hardly turn over with the starter) I managed to eventually get it running and purged it with Kero and DTE oil. With a lot of changes to the ECU Kero Start parameters I now have a sweet running Kero start ATJ 120Ti.

Plenty of thrust, reasonable throttle response (still working on that) and easy startups now.

Let us know what experiences you have had with yours, good and bad it makes for good information for all ATJ owners and users.

EF
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2014, 10:43 PM
ECU Start up parameters.

Burner Voltage 6.8V (Wont start on much less than that)
Auto start +3
Pw At Ign 32
Ign RPM 3,000
Pre Heat K 6,000
Eng Fuel Pre Ht 32
EGT End PreHt 90C
Fuel Ramp 005
Fuel Ramp K 9,000
Pump Limit 560
Accl Delay 007
Jan 25, 2014, 06:19 AM
tow
tow
Have the ATJ 120 also, but in the gas-start version. Part from a little hassle in the beginning, it now seerms to perform well.
Jan 25, 2014, 05:11 PM
TOW

Great to hear from you.

Does your ATJ use the Xicoy V.10 ECU if so can you tell us your parameter settings, might help oters with gas start.

Cheers

EF
Jan 25, 2014, 05:25 PM
tow
tow
Have to bring the plane down from the attic (winter storage) but will check. ATJ uses their own ECU but I suspect it`s Xicoy anyway.
Jan 25, 2014, 07:42 PM
Yeah I think the earlier ones were in the ATJ box (still Xicoy ECU internals), when you have a chance let us have yuor ECU parameters.

EF
Feb 01, 2014, 05:02 AM
EGT was reading very high I found the temp probe was at least 6mm protruding into the nozzle so I adjusted with only 2,mm exposed inside the nozzle and this dropped the temp to 650C much more acceptable. This was at 40C ambient.

The 120 Ti is running much better now fuel consumption is as per spec and power and throttle response is good but not outstanding.

EF
Mar 22, 2014, 03:45 AM
Temp was reading high again 720 C found the temp probe had crept into the nozzle again - fixed that now reading 600 C at idle delay setting 006 throttle response much better.

EF
May 04, 2014, 07:17 AM
tow
tow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efloater
Yeah I think the earlier ones were in the ATJ box (still Xicoy ECU internals), when you have a chance let us have yuor ECU parameters.

EF
Some parameters on mine (120 TI gas-start) The turbine runs fine on kerosene w. 5% 2T-oil.
Auto+2
Fuel ramp 005
Ign.max rpm 3000
Ign.min.rpm 2000
acc.delay 020
dec. delay 010
stab delay 100

Other parameters I can provide if asked for.
May 06, 2014, 02:20 PM

ATJ 120Ti

Yep,
It's a great turbine and I love it!
I have three 120Ti, all running great, super fast throttle and ultra fast start up, all on gas, I wouldn't consider changing to kero start. (I'm using internal gas tank, good for 6 starts...)
One turbine well over the 25 hours mark, DTE oil and still running smooth, never serviced.
The other has 16h, just perfect.
And the third, only 116 minutes on it and it's for sale (I don't need it, sold the airframe)
For me, it's better than JetCat, faster, stronger and just running and running ....
Jun 20, 2014, 07:40 PM
I had some fod and got a new impeller from Joseph then sent it off to a local turbine guy for bearings and a balance, got it back and on the second run up the impeller clashed with the intake cover, have sent it back to him for a fix.
At the same time I contacted the factory and Joseph indicated he could supply a bare Turbine for an excellent price. If your interested to know how much PM me.

EF
Aug 15, 2014, 08:04 AM
Fly more Foam
Hey guys, I am looking at a 120 and was wondering if any place in the states supports this brand? I have been on the website and found only limited distributors with little more info.
Is there any possible connection with the other Taiwan turbine manufacture?
Sam
Aug 14, 2015, 09:41 AM

ATJ all new engine ATJ190SV

ATJ190SV ,2015 all new version turbine jet engine ,RC jet , Gas turbine , jet turbine engine (3 min 48 sec)

Aug 14, 2015, 09:44 AM

Atj190sv

https://www.facebook.com/atjturbine
Jul 06, 2016, 11:56 PM
Atj220sv