Jan 24, 2014, 08:03 PM
It's called Capitalism....lol
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2014, 10:30 PM
Official Boat Bum
The times I've been in the big cities in China I've also noticed everyone drives big Buicks. They make them in China now. Sure, you see Audis, BMW's, Mercedes.. but what you really see is Buicks and Pontiacs. Mainland China can feel like a combination of being in a cinematic Asian Alice in Wonderland and Bladerunner.
Jan 24, 2014, 10:47 PM
I wonder if this might turn into a 80mm by release time, since that seems to be trending now. Could it be possible to get the same performance/sound with recent developments ? I still want the sound that was in that video ...
Jan 24, 2014, 11:27 PM
Comin' in HOT!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGAIR
I wonder if this might turn into a 80mm by release time, since that seems to be trending now. Could it be possible to get the same performance/sound with recent developments ? I still want the sound that was in that video ...
The video Freewing did on the 80mm shows about 2.8kg of thrust at 80A, on 6s. The A-8 and F-86 show flying weights of about 2.2-2.3kg, so the 80mm looks to be a good fit for them.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjY1MzA3MTg0.html

If the weight can stay down, maybe an 80mm could work. The Stinger90 and newest version Eurofighter have a 3748-1450kv with 90mm 12-blade. Considering that, there's a good chance this F-16 may follow that trend.
Jan 25, 2014, 01:25 AM
Comin' in HOT!
Thread OP
Just noticed that he landed with full flaperons
Jan 25, 2014, 08:25 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
Not a show stopper but hard to tell if the wings, stabs and rudder are removable screw ons rather than glue ons.
Jan 25, 2014, 03:04 PM
He builds stuff. :)
I do NOT want it to be an 80mm. I think that trend sucks.
Jan 25, 2014, 04:21 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
Well I don't know of any of the Freewing ducts being optimized..... they are generally 110% FSA so depending on the inlet, dropping in your own 90 may not be a stretch.
Jan 25, 2014, 07:26 PM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
Well, I talked to the guys at the field today about this new F16, and they said so far this model is planned to be a 90mm.

Justttttt what I was hoping for.
Jan 25, 2014, 07:38 PM
Hey T-Cat...how as today's flying ??? You get the A-10 done in time ??? Were the Motion Rc guys there with the A-6 & F-86 ??
Jan 25, 2014, 07:47 PM
I didn't gst the A10 done and had way to much running around today with other day to day things, but I got a chance to stop by the field to see everyone. The motion test pilots were there again with all the current Freewing planes including the A6 and F86. I got great video of CorsairNut flying the F86. I'll have to upload that to YouTube tonight. There were lots of great jets there today as usual, and a lot of Turbine ones too. I didn't get a chance to see the A6 fly unfortunately. I was waiting for it though.
Jan 25, 2014, 07:55 PM
Will we dub you Curlamoe ??...lol. Do you normally fly on Sat or Sun ?? Did the F-86 look easy to fly or was Corsair Nut exercising his master skills ??? lol. 90mm fan on F-16 great...more choices for upgrade...lol
Jan 25, 2014, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury
Will we dub you Curlamoe ??...lol. Do you normally fly on Sat or Sun ?? Did the F-86 look easy to fly or was Corsair Nut exercising his master skills ??? lol. 90mm fan on F-16 great...more choices for upgrade...lol
We'll be switching on and off character names as fast as people say "bro" in SoCal, hahaha.

I normally fly on one of the weekend days. I'll be going out tomorrow to fly. I got screwed with time today and couldn't bring all my stuff, so tomorrow it is.

The F86 looked easy as hell to fly thankfully, but CorsiarNut did am amazing job. I'll post a video on the F86 thread right now.
Jan 25, 2014, 08:58 PM
Great...hoping to catch up with you on a Sun after I get back to LA on a Sat at the end of March....will email you for your cell no. as the time gets closer.
Jan 25, 2014, 09:04 PM
Excellent! That will be an absolute blast! I'll be sure to have some planes ready . LOL

Quick Reply