Jan 22, 2014, 10:47 PM
E-Scale & Sailplane Guy
Contest

2014 Los Banos Scale Soaring Event - April 25 to 27, 2014

The 21st Annual Los Banos Scale Soaring event will take place at the Los Banos Creek Reservoir State Recreation Area. Offical days are Saturday and Sunday but we will be out there on Friday setting up and flying. There is always a group of dedicated slopeheads who come out as early as Wednesday to catch some slope action. We are planning a very low-key, relaxed event this year. More details to follow.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2014, 08:29 PM
I have to try to make this this year.
Thanks, Pauly
Mar 10, 2014, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce DeVisser
The 21st Annual Los Banos Scale Soaring event will take place at the Los Banos Creek Reservoir State Recreation Area. Offical days are Saturday and Sunday but we will be out there on Friday setting up and flying. There is always a group of dedicated slopeheads who come out as early as Wednesday to catch some slope action. We are planning a very low-key, relaxed event this year. More details to follow.
If I drive 460 miles there and work Fri. Sat. & Sun. will you buy me a hot dog?
Mar 10, 2014, 10:32 PM
What is a safe hotel out here to stay at in Los Banos.
Thanks, Pauly
Mar 25, 2014, 10:46 AM
If they don't, I will

Eugene
Mar 26, 2014, 07:45 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
You both get a free Hot Dog from me!

Brian, an EAJ
Mar 26, 2014, 07:47 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulywood
What is a safe hotel out here to stay at in Los Banos.
Thanks, Pauly
Some stay in the town of Los Banos, we stay in Holiday Inn Express in Santa Nella. about 90.00 a night(included tax). Nice clean place, walking distance to ANderson Pea Soup.

Brian, an EAJ
Mar 26, 2014, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhchan
Some stay in the town of Los Banos, we stay in Holiday Inn Express in Santa Nella. about 90.00 a night(included tax). Nice clean place, walking distance to ANderson Pea Soup.

Brian, an EAJ
Thanks, I'll check it out.
pauly
Apr 07, 2014, 10:10 AM
Always a great place to fly!! 3 wheeks away!
Joe
Apr 10, 2014, 01:40 AM
E-Scale & Sailplane Guy

Los Banos 2014 update

The field is in good shape. The long-term forecast for wind is promising, but we will have tow planes there from Friday 4/25.

Burgers, Hot Dogs, Baked Beans for lunch on Saturday.

Any questions let us know.
Apr 10, 2014, 06:15 AM
tpczx6
I don't have any scale gliders but have some f3d planes can I bring them as I would like to check out the scale planes but would like to fly some also
Apr 10, 2014, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce DeVisser
Some more info... says 2012 but still valid.
Thank You for the info.
I'll be there.
Pauly
Apr 10, 2014, 12:33 PM

New Let ASW 28 3M Factory Electric Version For Sale

Hi Guys,
Any one interested in buying a New "Let" ASW 28 3m Factory Electric version let me know. Its RTF just install your Battery and Receiver, Please let me know and I will bring it ?
Thank you,
Joe
Apr 10, 2014, 12:41 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpczx6
I don't have any scale gliders but have some f3d planes can I bring them as I would like to check out the scale planes but would like to fly some also
In the pass, you can fly anything on Friday, Saturday morning and evening, and Sunday morning. Once the official event has started, 9-5 on Saturday and Sunday, scale planes only.

Lynsel is the CD, he will make the decision.

F3D plane probably need a lot of wind/lift. If the wind is blowing, there will be a lot of traffic in the air.

Brian