Mar 08, 2004, 06:22 PM
Thread OP

Park Flyers Forum is too Popular

Has anyone thought to separate this forum into Kit Park Flyers and Homebuilt Park Flyers? I think the interest is separate for most kit builders and it would clean up the mannnnnnnnnnnny posts.

Any thoughts?

Ed
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2004, 09:05 PM
If the GWS “stuff” were put in the GWS forum, it would help clean out the other forums.

-Mo
Mar 16, 2004, 07:11 PM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
we NEED subforums....

parkfky /3D
/AFR
/GWS

Foamies /3D
/Jet
/ARF

kind of.... still lotta foam and other off topic in the 3D forum :-|
Mar 16, 2004, 08:41 PM
characters welcome!
So, foamies aren't welcome in 3D? I have a Foam-e-Bipe that's specifically intended for 3D. What about the Shockflyers, etc?

mw
Mar 17, 2004, 03:19 AM
Get One Up!!!
Can we have a 4D forum too - after all we all fly in time and time is really really important, especially to electric fliers - after all taren't those milliampHOURS that we get out of our batteries?

In fact why can't we have a foam-only 4D forum, a foam only-3D forum and a foam-only 2D forum, especially for those pilots who like to taxi a lot
Mar 17, 2004, 05:06 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Wood
So, foamies aren't welcome in 3D?
I did´t say that.

GWS and mario got their own forums.... not because they were not welcome, but because the original forums were flooded?!

maybe it would be easier to moderate too if parkflyers were devided in to subforums. (someone is for ex selling velcro in the 3d forums)

a thread in a busy forum with no answer in a day gets way down the pages in no time, which might lead to that we miss it.

/Henke
Mar 17, 2004, 05:33 AM
Henke,
If a producer like GWS wants a forum all they have to do is to contact Steve or Ann Marie. I like having a spot to contact the active producers like Castle who provide fast answers to issues. If the producer doesn't moniter the forum then it is a huge waste of time for everyone.

All you folks with foam planes who want to post in Foamies instead of Park Flyers are welcome too! (We don't have those dreaded stickies in foamies either. )
Don
Don
Mar 17, 2004, 05:40 AM
Get One Up!!!
Steve? Which Steve, Don?

If we we divide Parkflyers into sub forums and all that does is give those who read Parkflyers two or more different forums to check.

If members are making posts in Parkflyers (or 3D or any other forum) that shouldnt be there then increasing the number of forums isn't going to stop that.

Brian
Mar 17, 2004, 05:55 AM
I've got Steve on the brain!! Sorry folks I was referring to rickv in my above post. Rick V. not Steve....

BTW, TY Bri!
Mar 17, 2004, 07:22 AM
Thread OP
If you want to make sense out of the forum catagories shouldn't 3D and helicopters go under "hovercraft"?

Ed
Mar 17, 2004, 08:56 AM
eflyguy
The GWS forum is really for product announcements, dealings with the company, suggestions/ideas/feedback, etc. I don't think it would serve the forums or the members to have all discussions of GWS models moved over to that forum.

I don't have a solution, but I'm open to suggestions. I don't think splitting out ARF's from GWS models is the answer, however (most GWS models ARE ARF's, I thought?)
..a
Mar 17, 2004, 10:46 AM
Leave me alone!
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sims
...All you folks with foam planes who want to post in Foamies instead of Park Flyers are welcome too!...
Agreed

Martin
Mar 17, 2004, 12:42 PM
Thread OP
I don't think GWS ARFs are a problem in Park Flyers, but I think home builds clutter it up for those who have only interests in ARFs.

Ed

Quick Reply