GyrOne (New) - Page 6 - RC Groups
Sep 12, 2017, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBuld
This is the information I have been searching for as well as all the other hints contained the thread.

I've been puzzling over how to implement the sacrificial bolt idea. The deep sides to the blade holder had me foxed I was thinking they must have ground away a lot of the tall sides.

Just need now to source some strong alloy sheet or thin bar.

I presume the bar/sheet would have to be quite thick since it has no sides to stiffen it? (I wonder if I could use a steel plate?)

Shame the blade holder is not the other way up then it would be stiff and it would be easy to just fit a plastic/nylon sacrificial bolt.

Just found this picture of a blade saver mod.

Is there a report on how the first flights went?

Gyrone Test @ Winterton (6 min 33 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2017, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTradioman
Thanks for that.
Did the blades survive?
Did you have the blade saver update fitted?

Now I am confused as that looks nothing like the GyrOne at the start of this thread.
Did the designer call them all GryOne ;(
Last edited by TrueBuld; Sep 12, 2017 at 03:20 AM.
Sep 13, 2017, 03:27 AM
Yes the blades did survive that one. The blade carriers where the modded ones.
It's the later version with the same name. The mechanics, pre rotator, head etc are the same, lower to the ground and much heavier. I suppose it's like all gyros, once set up it should fly OK but it's like walking a cliff path carrying a heavy load, one false step and your in trouble.
Sep 15, 2017, 03:09 PM

GyrOne (the last one) is this a prototype?

Autogiro RC all'Experimental Model Club (9 min 9 sec)

I know the date published is after the creation date of the production; however it looks very much like the final version.
Oct 07, 2017, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadandrews
I done a little drawing for ya... Its just a strip to move it outwards to clear the channel. Small piece 1/8" AL should do the trick, on one of my heads I have it made from GF for a little more crash resistance, hahah

Hopefully we are all talking about the same thing
Just been looking again at your drawing of your Blade Saver and the Blade Saver attached here, and it seems that you use only one bolt?
Do you fly your gyros with just one bolt per blade and if so how tight are the blades.

I ask because I thought we had to have the blades locked in flight and at least use a sacrificial bolt?
Oct 08, 2017, 07:56 AM
Yes to all and tighten so it just hold weight of blade when held horizontal
Oct 16, 2017, 11:42 AM
An interjection I hope no one minds too much: there is a very nice simulation of a GyrOne for Phoenix flight sim that might be useful for anyone getting started with gyros. The author of the original version is Rickp, an extremely prolific and generous contributor of user-made aircraft for Phoenix. The final version is located in this post: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1789

There are instructions for installing the model throughout the thread; it amounts to downloading, unzipping, loading Phoenix, doing an update install of the file.

A video of an early version in flight: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1769

Over and out.
Oct 16, 2017, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roidspop
An interjection I hope no one minds too much: there is a very nice simulation of a GyrOne for Phoenix flight sim that might be useful for anyone getting started with gyros. The author of the original version is Rickp, an extremely prolific and generous contributor of user-made aircraft for Phoenix. The final version is located in this post: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1789

There are instructions for installing the model throughout the thread; it amounts to downloading, unzipping, loading Phoenix, doing an update install of the file.

A video of an early version in flight: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1769

Over and out.
I'm glad you did interject, since I did not know he had updated the one I have.