Jan 16, 2014, 07:34 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Phantom 2 versus Phantom 2 Vision

I was seriously thinking about getting a Phantom 2 Vision but have been put off a bit by the poor reviews of its camera. I am now thinking about a Phantom 2 with the H3-2D gimbal and putting a GoPro Hero on it but there are a few things I am not sure of as follows:

If I get a Phantom 2 with the H3-2D gimbal, the iOSD mini and the AVL-58 (or similar) downlink system, am I missing out on anything the Phantom 2 Vision has? I like the idea of getting a live feed on my iPhone or iPad rather than a monitor which the Vision seems to be able to do. Can the Phantom 2 do that too?

Finally. the DJI website says for the Phantom 2 Vision "Exceed the control range of the Remote Controller and you’ll trigger the ‘Return-to-Home’ feature which will automatically fly the Phantom 2 Vision back and safely land at its takeoff point", but for the Phantom 2 it says "If the Phantom 2 and its controller disconnects during flight, the system’s failsafe protection will come to the rescue and if the signal is good enough, the Phantom 2 will return to home and land automatically"

The "...if the signal is good enough..." bit about the Phantom 2 worries me a bit. They don't say that about the Vision. Do they both use exactly the same Return-to-home system or are they a bit different?

Can anyone clarify some of the above?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 16, 2014, 07:40 PM
Both have a failsafe mode that will send the craft to the home location. It just needs to be activated in DJI's assistant software before you fly. Since the P2 has a 2.4 RC frequency vs. the P2V's 5.8 RC frequency it's flight range is going to be better. I flew my P2 with DJI's video downlink over 1400 meters away before the failsafe kicked in. If you are very new to FPV and multi rotors in general you might be better off getting the Vision since it's more plug and play. Or if you want to get the ultimate FPV setup and have the budget this is a great option:
http://www.atlantahobby.com/store/pc...01&idcategory=
Jan 19, 2014, 10:42 PM
Thread OP
Thanks, that explains the difference between the failsafe wording.

Quick Reply