Jan 14, 2014, 03:20 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

1943 pacific yellowfin

Has anyone done any research on plans for this beauty?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2014, 03:45 PM
She's a pretty vessel to be sure.
Jan 15, 2014, 12:14 PM
r/c ships and workboats
Great boat as I have had the privilage to go on board this former 120' FP ( freight passenger) boat. Boat has the original teak type wood floors and well maintained. Used as a charter vessel out of Cananda. Seen the original blueprint drawings for the ones that were built here in Bellingham as the local museum has full nset of drawings. It is one of the future prodjects on my long list of to dos.
Jan 15, 2014, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith S
Seen the original blueprint drawings for the ones that were built here in Bellingham as the local museum has full nset of drawings.
I seriously need to spend some time at that museum!
Jan 15, 2014, 04:32 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Great boat as I have had the privilage to go on board this former 120' FP ( freight passenger) boat. Boat has the original teak type wood floors and well maintained. Used as a charter vessel out of Cananda. Seen the original blueprint drawings for the ones that were built here in Bellingham as the local museum has full nset of drawings. It is one of the future prodjects on my long list of to dos.
Does the museum sell copies of plan sets? If so, I will make contact with them.
Jan 18, 2014, 06:23 PM
Thread OP
Interesting history / info.
http://www.latimes.com/travel/la-tr-...#axzz2qnMUq45j
Nice scale challenge.
Jan 20, 2014, 12:13 PM
r/c ships and workboats
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunworkin
Does the museum sell copies of plan sets? If so, I will make contact with them.
Yes they do. Need to contact the Whatcom Museum of History and Art, go to the archives section to make contact. They can get you what you need. Contact Jeff Jewel there. Tuesdays through Saturdays. Nice people to work with.
Jan 20, 2014, 03:09 PM
That is one sweet boat!
Jan 20, 2014, 06:32 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Keith, I used your info and sent an emaIl a while ago.
Feb 19, 2014, 10:44 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Yes they do. Need to contact the Whatcom Museum of History and Art, go to the archives section to make contact. They can get you what you need. Contact Jeff Jewel there. Tuesdays through Saturdays. Nice people to work with.
I talked with Jeff at the museum and have the plan sheets I wanted on the way. Thanks for the contact info.
Feb 19, 2014, 12:10 PM
r/c ships and workboats
glad to be of assistance! Might have to see what photos I have of her as well.

Quick Reply