Jan 14, 2014, 02:59 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Why is HobbyKing so d_mn slow at shipping!?!

I am building a hex from scratch and have recently made a lot of orders from various places, ebay, RC-Timer and HobbyKing

RC-Timer is out of thes World, I have made 5 orders from them and all of them delivered within three Days (!)
When checking the order status online it is usuale marked as "shipped" just an hour later

However, I cannot say the same about HK, I made two orders just before the new year and they are just recently shipped! over two weeks later!
Made another one a few days ago and selected the more expensive express freight to speed things up, but that order hasnt even been packed yet.

How come RC-timer are so damn fast when HK the well known hobbystore are so annoyingly sloow? what are they doing that RC-Timer isnt?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2014, 05:30 PM
Its not just hobbyking its other companies as well. I've been waiting well over a month for a package from banggood when I have received packages from elsewhere ordered after the banggood order was shipped. Heck, I bought something on ebay 2 weeks ago IN MY OWN COUNTRY and it shipped the day after I bought it. Its still not here. Different couriers, different ports, different parts of the country are all big factors. A piece of advice that I like to follow for this stuff "never buy anything from half a world away and expect it here tomorrow". Stock up on the stuff you need and order from overseas the stuff you want.
Jan 14, 2014, 06:26 PM
Its just the way things are & allways have been.
You want fast, then buy locally.
If using HK, plan ahead, allow for a 4-6 week delay

My order from 14Jan has alleady been sent , sent within12 hours
My order from the 12Jan hasnt even been packed. HKing shippping does seem to defy logic :-)

ALLWAYS expect a 4-6 week delay with HKing, if it turns up earlier then thats just a happy bonus :-) . The more expensive shipping option is not allways any faster.
It can sometimes take a week or more just to have your order boxed & shipped
Its a crap shoot, shipping from HK to NZ can average anywhere from 2-6 weeks . They actually have been getting alot faster lately.

It not just HKing, when I by stuff from the US to be sent to me in NZ via USPS, thats the slowest most unreliable service Ive ever come across. Its not the US sellers fault....
Last edited by 1101; Jan 14, 2014 at 06:34 PM.
Jan 15, 2014, 01:07 AM
Thread OP
I order tons of stuff from asia and delivery usually takes 1.5 to 2 weeks and that is acceptable, but it shouldnt take over 2 weeks to PACK my order.

RC-Timer is also located in HongKong, three days delivery is freking outstanding, my jaw dropped when the courier stepped in at work with my first package from them, and I thought it was a one time deal, byt when my secand ond third order dropped in three days later I was really impressed, thats the way to run a Chinese webshop!

HobbyKing, if you are reading this, please explain for us how your deliveries work, and if you want to learn something, give RC-Timer a call.
Jan 15, 2014, 12:57 PM
Space Coast USA
Too bad RCTimer doesn't have the inventory HK does.
But If they've got is what is needed, why not get fast delivery?

hmmmm, got a few items to check on with them.

Darn, no go, no covering film, no folding prop assemblies.
Jan 15, 2014, 05:24 PM
Hello all,

Rest assured we are working hard to improve all aspects of our shipping and customer service. If anyone here has been waiting more than 39 days to receive a parcel PM us here and we'll look into rectifying it for you. Likewise if you're having outstanding trouble with an HK product please let us know.

Thank You,

HobbyKing NY
Last edited by HobbyKing_CS; Jan 17, 2014 at 07:02 PM.
Jan 16, 2014, 07:07 AM
Uniblab
Jan 16, 2014, 01:32 PM
Space Coast USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKingCSNYC
Hello all,

Rest assured we are working hard to improve all aspects of our shipping and customer service. If anyone here has been waiting more than 39 days to receive a parcel PM us here and we'll look into rectifying it for you. Likewise if you're having outstanding trouble with an HK product please let us know.

Thank You,

HobbyKing NY
Here's a project for you... Can you fix this problem. (From this thread)

Quote:
My last (take it both ways) post to them on this subject.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but this request has not been solved.

It will be solved when Hobby King directs the USPS to add the First Class Priority mailing option back into the shipping options from the US warehouse.

Let's start from the beginning. Hobby King and USPS show no option to ship with a rate less than $6.36 from the US Warehouse. This is costing Hobby King money as customers like me will not pay $6.36 to have small items shipped as It is much cheaper to buy locally considering the postal charge.

Here is how to solve the problem:
1 - Contact the Hobby King person responsible for shipping.
2 - Request that he contact USPS and direct them to add "First-Class MailŪ Parcel" to the shipping options.

It's that simple.
Jan 17, 2014, 03:52 AM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy
Yes, this would be great!!
Jan 17, 2014, 09:07 AM
Outlaw
Hobbyking USA is slow as molasses in winter!
Ordered 9 days ago, not shipped yet!
my next order will go to someone else
Jan 17, 2014, 10:15 AM
12S Or Bust
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKingCSNYC
Hello all,

Thank You,

HobbyKing NY
You need to get some professional IT staff instead of the script kiddies it seems like you're using. For me since before Christmas there have been sporadic slowdowns or no site access at all. Haven't bought anything since then from you due to this inconvenience. I hear talk of relentless DDOS attacks. That requires resources to effect as well as defend. Who would do this? Did you maybe sell some pre-puffed Nanotech packs to NSA or something.

Next you need to remove the shock collars from your CS staff and allow them some leeway instead of having them only parrot what their monitor says. Either that or discharge them and just go to an all AI CS system and pass the savings on to me. Passing on boilerplate template responses does not require a pulse.

I'm a long time customer with about 30 orders. Most have gone without a glitch. Some even had products that lived up to their hype. Others, oh well you get what you pay for as they say. Now I'm being told by your site as well as CS I can't get a plane delivered to me for some mysterious reason that nobody can elucidate. Somehow a competitor seems to have surmounted this impasse. So remember, the buzzards are never very far.

Q
Jan 17, 2014, 03:26 PM
Outlaw
want a good laugh?
my order I placed on 1/9/2014 says:

We have shipped your order
Thank You
1/18/2014 3:39 am

(that would be tomorrow )
must be the horse calendar.....
Jan 17, 2014, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueeQueg
Next you need to remove the shock collars from your CS staff and allow them some leeway instead of having them only parrot what their monitor says. Passing on boilerplate template responses does not require a pulse.
Q
This we have done and we're doing more every day. In the NY office we are all hobby guys that know our stuff so we're not just using macros to type a canned response back to you. It'll be slow to change but it is progressing... bear with us and hopefully you'll soon see the positive changes occurring.
Jan 17, 2014, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy
We'll look into it ASAP.
Jan 17, 2014, 07:31 PM
Space Coast USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8
want a good laugh?
my order I placed on 1/9/2014 says:

We have shipped your order
Thank You
1/18/2014 3:39 am

(that would be tomorrow )
must be the horse calendar.....
Nothing unusual there.
Check out the international date line. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Date_Line

Although it's 7:30, 1/17/2014 here in Florida, it's 8:30AM 1/18/2014 in Hong Kong. Check it out - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=102

Quick Reply