Jan 10, 2014, 08:40 AM
Camera Reseller.
Thread OP
Discussion

Mobius Action Camera Waterproof Case

UPDATE: Please look below to see what the case will look like in grey.

Hello everyone,
I am from JooVuu (obvious I know), and I just wanted to announce the Mobius Waterproof Case. We have custom made this and built it ourselves and we believe it is a very good product. It is now available for pre-order: http://joovuu.com/gb/home/103-mobius...roof-case.html (please read next point for more information!)

EXCLUSIVE TO JOOVUU.COM ONLY AVAILABLE HERE! http://joovuu.com/gb/home/103-mobius...roof-case.html

Let me give you some details:
1) The product is currently exclusive to JooVuu as we have designed it and made it etc however we are always looking for distributors in other countries. WE WILL HAVE 515 AVAILABLE ON LAUNCH DAY WHICH WILL HOPEFULLY BE 23RD JANUARY. Pre-orders will be distributed on a first come first served basis. This is what is included in the package:
- 1 x waterproof case
- 1 x lens extender
- 2 x spare lens ring seal
- 1 x spare aluminium seal.

1a) The case lens is being expanded slightly as on the standard lens Mobius it was catching the outside of the case lens in the bottom right hand corner. However, this will NOT affect the first run of production.

2) As the Mobius gets quite hot we knew we would need a design to let the heat escape, so we built the entire back end of the case from aluminium. This takes care mostly of the heating problem. Now if you leave it outside, in the sun, on a hot day, in the case for a while obviously it will mess it up, but for normal use it should keep the Mobius at more than a manageable temperature

3) The case will fit both the wide angle and standard lens Mobius. What we have done is included an 'extender ring' on the wide angle lens that means it fits. If you want the standard lens in the case just unscrew the extender and screw just the normal lens on.

4) The quality is virtually identical. We have made the lens of the case out of glass and flat which means there is no distortion or lack of quality. Our first prototype was much cheaper but the quality was not there and as the Mobius is a high quality product it deserves a high quality product from us.

5) The case is IP67 certified (meaning to 20meters it is waterproof and can be pushed to 30m though we do not support this). The case as mentioned about has also been tested for heat dispensing and further information will be posted about this later.

6) The case weighs 46grams. This was important to us to keep it as light as possible as if anyone wears one or uses it regulary, you don't want to be supporting something heavy. That means a Mobius and case comes out to 84grams.

7) The case has a tripod mount on the bottom of it (as shown in the pictures) and can be mounted to any tripod screw accessories.

8) The price of the camera will be about £18.60 (INCLUDING VAT) so about £15.50 for those people living outside of the EU or who have a business in the EU who can claim VAT.

9) We are also looking to include a waterproof USB port into the case so people who want to use it on motorbikes etc can place it in the case but still charge it etc. However this will not be released in the initial batch.

10) Here some pictures: (Ps, if you have any questions please ask and I will answer to the best of my knowledge)

UPDATE:
A quick update this is what the updated case will look like:

Last edited by JooVuu; Jan 15, 2014 at 04:04 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2014, 08:46 AM
Wow, that looks really nice! I'll need to get one very soon.
Jan 10, 2014, 08:59 AM
Any color variation in future? I would like to have white. This looks yellowish... 3D printer problem maybe?
Jan 10, 2014, 09:15 AM
pls. upload a video sample I hope the color is black.
Jan 10, 2014, 09:22 AM
Camera Reseller.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wexter
Any color variation in future? I would like to have white. This looks yellowish... 3D printer problem maybe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbx907
pls. upload a video sample I hope the color is black.
Hi,
The colour for the first 30 should be black. The next batch there will be colour variation: For people using it for surfing/diving etc we are going to do some florescent colours, and then we plan on doing a white version and a dark grey/black version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calla969
Wow, that looks really nice! I'll need to get one very soon.
Thank you, a lot of design went into it to make a great product which the Mobius deserves.

Cheers,

JooVuu

PS
A video will be uploaded shortly.
Jan 10, 2014, 09:31 AM
Edited
Sir joovoo, the water proof case lost its shape, being flat sides, it was easy to mount on anything. probably an additional rubberized flat external fitting to enveloping the water proof case to get flat surfaces again since the case is already done. it would also serve as shock absorbers or anti jelo!
just a suggestion
this is cool anyway!
Last edited by jbx907; Jan 10, 2014 at 09:53 AM.
Jan 10, 2014, 12:07 PM
Camera Reseller.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbx907
Edited
Sir joovoo, the water proof case lost its shape, being flat sides, it was easy to mount on anything. probably an additional rubberized flat external fitting to enveloping the water proof case to get flat surfaces again since the case is already done. it would also serve as shock absorbers or anti jelo!
just a suggestion
this is cool anyway!

Dear Jbx901,
We will look into this now and see if we can do something about it.

Cheers,
JooVuu
Jan 10, 2014, 01:35 PM
Placed my order as soon as I got an email from JooVuu can't wait to receive it. Looks like a quality bit of kit
Jan 10, 2014, 03:19 PM
Camera Reseller.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdemmery
Placed my order as soon as I got an email from JooVuu can't wait to receive it. Looks like a quality bit of kit
Hi sdemmery,
Thank you for your kind words. We have put a lot of time and effort in this so it's great to hear this. We have upped our production to full capacity so we are now hoping to have 500 in stock. However, as we are moving from 30 to 500 we are now expecting the cases on the 23rd January.

Cheers,

JooVuu
Jan 10, 2014, 03:20 PM
Wow thats a really well thought out case. Im sure you will sell plenty.
Maybe your next project could be an aluminium case for the Mobius for all us guys having trouble with GPS interference. Much easier to design and sure it will be in great demand as well.
Jan 10, 2014, 04:00 PM
How does the heat sink work do those fins press down on the möbius heat sink? Is there thermal paste or anything needed?
Jan 10, 2014, 05:10 PM
Camera Reseller.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingleburn
Wow thats a really well thought out case. Im sure you will sell plenty.
Maybe your next project could be an aluminium case for the Mobius for all us guys having trouble with GPS interference. Much easier to design and sure it will be in great demand as well.
Hi ingleburn,
We will look into this and see if there is a market and all and weigh it up against the cost we believe there might be but need to do a bit more research. If you could drop me a PM with exactly what you would like to see etc that helps us a lot.

Cheers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by myforwik
How does the heat sink work do those fins press down on the möbius heat sink? Is there thermal paste or anything needed?
Hi myforwik,
The heat sink works just like that, the pins press on the mobius heat sink and transfer the heat out, it is rather effective. I have not tried it with thermal paste so can not provide any information on that.

Cheers,

JooVuu
Jan 10, 2014, 11:03 PM
is the under water video ready?
Jan 10, 2014, 11:14 PM
http://flahut59.over-blog.com/
Hi,
Is it possible to see a vidéo under water?
Thanks for this great product!
Jan 10, 2014, 11:31 PM
I'm wondering if the heat dissipation would be better if the contact that touches the Mobius was a solid flat surface, rather than narrow fins? That would provide much more surface area for the heat transfer. If you think about it like the heat sink on a computer CPU, it's critical that as much surface area of the heat sink as possible come in contact with the processor. Just a thought.

I have purchased one and will provide my impressions of both the quality and performance once I have it in hand.
Last edited by scottpe; Jan 11, 2014 at 12:26 PM.

Quick Reply