Elanor Feather 2014 - RC Groups
Jan 09, 2014, 05:07 PM
F3A Team Finland
Discussion

Elanor Feather 2014

Since there is no thread about this plane yet, I'll start one.

This plane is designed by Alan Goljevšček and inquiries can be made to http://www.alanrcfly.com/

My plane is one of the first production ones but since I'm a very slow builder, I got it finished just a couple of days ago. It has not flown yet but the maiden will be on Saturday. AUW is 81 - 82 grams depending on how much I lighten the GensAce 120 mAh batteries and if drag brakes are required.

I made some changes to Alan's plans but generally the kit quality was very good. The first production batch had a couple of tiny issues that probably won't show later on. See the pictures for further details.
Last edited by Finnspeed; Jan 12, 2014 at 06:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2014, 05:05 AM
WWII combat fan
Very nice !
I love my Elanor - I have 2013 version (milled depron) and new one Mylar still in the box - setup is JR318 and 2x dymonds 47S on the tail.
11" prop spinned by Glavak, YGE 8S on 180mAh lipos.
weight is around 100g
Model flies very nice and slow - I like it so much that I'm not sure if I will build the new Mylar any time soon.
Quality of the kit is just amazing - you have to build one to believe it - detailed manual - kit has every little bit you might need and top quality CF including microtubes !

We have in the UK a few Elanors.
Here is a picture from our last indoor league competition.

At the EIM http://www.gbrcaa.org/EIM/ 1/2 February 2014 we expect to see 12 or more Elanors
Alan Goljevšček will be with us too !
Jan 10, 2014, 06:00 PM
Just finished mine up. The kit goes together very well.

Ryan Clark
Jan 11, 2014, 05:46 AM
F3A Team Finland
Looks very good. Can you list the equipment and AUW? Mine will maiden today...
Jan 11, 2014, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnspeed
Looks very good. Can you list the equipment and AUW? Mine will maiden today...
Sure! Glavak with 11 inch prop, Phoenix 10 esc, Futaba 6004 rx, Hitec 5035 Ail, TGY-D1290P tail, Hyperion 120 2s. AUW 78.3 grams.

I hope your maiden goes well!
Jan 11, 2014, 06:29 PM
F3A Team Finland
That's extremely light! Did you use all dynamo wires to connect the servos? Also I'm interested how those light servos work for you.

Well, the maiden went well. I got the basic setup done, plane flies straight and true but still need to create separate fight modes for normal flight and torque rolling. I can fly through the Advanced or B sequence through OK (and better with this plane than my previous ones) but dialing down the aileron movement and maybe tail as well will help in achieving accuracy.
Jan 11, 2014, 06:40 PM
Good to hear!

Yes, I used enameled magnet wire and wire wrapping to connect to the rx as seen in the Citrino thread. Will let you know how the servos perform.
Jan 21, 2014, 04:00 AM

Elanor 2014 feather

Hello,

Here is some more info and photos of Elanor 2014 feather.

Wingspan: 903mm
Lenght: 1026mm (without motor and prop)
Weight: from 78gr up RTF

If you have more questions dont hesistate to ask

Best regards,
Alan
Jan 25, 2014, 08:50 AM
Hello.
I have finished my ELanor and all what I can say is simply Fantastic model. Long time without one good model in my hands, and after try this Elanor i want come back to the competition.
The kit comes with a lot of details that makes the building of these kits much easy, and the quality is something that i never saw in f3p models. Serious model and design ready from the box for compete in very high level.

My model is finished and the weight is 75 grams with battery, and one more servo.
Thank you Alan for this really "Oxai" F3P model

Best regards.
Andres Leoni.
Jan 25, 2014, 09:12 AM
Team Futaba
Andres,

Very nice build what did you use for servos ? Also nice work with the wiring nice and neat !

Devin McGrath
Jan 25, 2014, 10:35 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin McGRath
Andres,

Very nice build what did you use for servos ? Also nice work with the wiring nice and neat !

Devin McGrath
+1, equipment list would be nice
Did you use the carbon that came in the kit? Any other changes?

Thanks,

Pat MacKenzie
Last edited by pmackenzie; Jan 25, 2014 at 10:44 AM.
Jan 26, 2014, 05:55 AM
Hello David and Pat.

Here is what i use in my model:
4- Hitec HS 5035 HD for all surfaces.
1- Glavak motor SG 04 28 0.32
1- Glavak propeller SG 11x3.3
1- YGE 7 (0,7 gram) regler.
1- Jeti duplex 6 channel indoor receiver.

I have used the carbon that comes in the kit because it is perfect quality and the 0.5 rods are very light.
For wiring the servos I made it with different colors (red, black and gold color) and twisted together. I don´t know how much weight one meter but is very light.
After do some modifications the weight is 75,5 grams. I move the center of gravity 2 centimiters back.
Other change is this:
Increase a little the stabilizer area in the leading edge.
Remove the SFG from stab
Remove SFG in the top of wing
Micro holes in the brakes of wing
Use piano wire for ailerons linkage (save 0,8 grams compared with the ball links)
Remove the diagonal wings (under the main wing)
Dynamic brakes (the same wing top and bottom)
I put wheels in my model also
Change the offset in the rudder (one milimiter back and 5 milimiters longest control horn)
Best Regards.
Andres Leoni.
Last edited by aleoni; Jan 26, 2014 at 06:24 AM.
Jan 26, 2014, 07:20 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Great details, Thanks.

Must be very slow on the down lines with the dynamic airbrakes
Jan 26, 2014, 08:31 AM
I have two videos with the test flight, i will try to upload today or tomorrow.
Jan 26, 2014, 08:31 AM
MOV 0226 (0 min 16 sec)