Nov 19, 2014, 02:06 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Thread OP
MSF 15 thread Now Open for Business

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2288390
Last edited by steve wenban; Nov 19, 2014 at 07:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2014, 03:10 PM
Dale G......OZD
You don't waste any time, do you?

Dale
Nov 19, 2014, 03:40 PM
Thread OP
it was because of the inquiries I was getting about the dates so it was time to make them official your suppose to be come to this one I seem to recall
Nov 19, 2014, 04:16 PM
Dale G......OZD
Time will tell...

Dale
Nov 19, 2014, 07:15 PM
I fly SLOPE landings are crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wenban
MSF 15 thread Now Open for Business

So where is the link?
Nov 19, 2014, 07:24 PM
Thread OP
link now set up for those that cant find the slope forum front page lol
Feb 14, 2015, 09:19 PM
Just love shooting the breeze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Thornton
Hi all
My mate Noisyone and myself have been experimenting with the Turnigy EFX Racer with the thought of flying them at the Fest in 2015.
We purchased the models through Hobby King, Noel is doing his as a scratch build whilst I bought a completed model and I have pretty well followed the manufacturer’s instructions.
The performance they promise is for real and it really gets around the sky. Once the prop brake was selected its gliding performance amazed me.
I have chosen to fly it on 4 cell as the blade area is much less creating less drag, given time I think a folding prop could be fitted however the fuz has two profile lumps simulating the installation of a v type motor common to the Super Marine Racer and the Spitfire.
These I feel may obstruct a folder but I am sure they could be removed if you were keen enough. In my opinion though they seem to make the model look like what the designer set out to build something hot and racy. The spinner at the front is designed for ventilation especially when using 4 cell and for the type of flyer that goes full stick for the whole flight. A full size one would improve air flow about the front of the model
I am considering a full size spinner and limited use of the power to get off the edge and if need be recover the model if it is found in an embarrassing situation.
A Philistine I may be having a motor but the shame is off set when the old hips and knees don’t ache.
I am looking for a 20knot day at the beach cliff’s now to give this little bird a workout.
I will post again when I have had a chance to get it into some real lift.
Regards Thorn o
Hi all
Further to my posting back in early November about the Turnigy EFX, I have now been flying the model regularly for nearly 4 month. Regardless of its pedigree or origin the model really lives up to what the designer or re designer claims it is truly a little beauty.

I have had the opportunity to fly it in a variety of conditions. In all of these the model continues to delight and surprise me. I have had it in relatively light condition on ocean slopes and soaring in thermal lift also in some wave lift created by a row of well established trees in a local Council Reserve, in lift generated off two irrigation channels earth berms at one of our country soaring spots. I am sure it will be a real blast in 30 Knots plus.
I am finding it is like so many other models it pays to really keep it moving to gain height. As an old thermal soarer, I still find it hard to put in down to go up but it does it over and over again.
The model seems to just fly perfect if you just do what the instruction book tells you.
No one was more surprised than I was, someone got it right.

As I have said previously I have chosen to fly on 4 cell to reduce the prop size and applying the brake is a must. The only two points of note that I have found are the recommended throws are a little aggressive on the model and on a powered take off it has quite a pronounced torque roll to the left. This little leftie claimed my spinner on the first flight. I now find it very simple using plenty of power 80% to just throw it over arm to the right dipping the right wing 10 degrees ,zip a 1000 feet in 10 seconds is easy.
My mate Noisy-one and I now have four of these models and Noel has prepared a pure slope version.
What an amazing looking model and his preliminary flights have proved to be very encouraging. We can hardly wait to get more lead into it and get it out there in a good blow.
Woohoo!!!!! We the Good Old Boys are heading off to the Coff’s Coast NSW in a week’s time for our yearly 3 or 4 days of ocean cliff slope soaring trip. We hope in that in time away we can really get these models into some good strong condition and start ballasting them up even further just to see how far we can push them. I will pass on anything we learn with a few flying photos.
I find this is still an exciting inexpensive model to fly that you can get straight out of a box. It also keeps us old farts flying and not wearing out our hips and knees with over the edge recovery adventures.
Regards Thorn o
The PSS Slope Philistine.
Apr 19, 2015, 07:54 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Ok, where are the NCFM gliders?

DJ
Apr 19, 2015, 10:41 PM
Thread OP
In San Diego but why would you ask in last years thread ?
Apr 20, 2015, 12:32 AM
WARNING: Gravity wins always
Someone may have taken the North County?

I haven't heard from Matin in a long time!!!!

maybe he closed his shop to do "better late then never production's"
Apr 20, 2015, 04:00 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous James
Ok, where are the NCFM gliders?

DJ
As a side note DJ there is a link on the first page of this thread for NCFM

Quick Reply