Aug 23, 2018, 10:32 PM
Been lurking and learning... this is a gorgeous project. Amazing work.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2018, 01:52 PM
Thread OP
Slow but steady progress happening. Feeling a little bit better but still not feeling my best. The pain I’ve been having in my right shoulder turned out to be a tumor so I’ve been getting daily doses of radiation and will be starting chemo soon.

I managed to get the ducts, intake lips and nacelles all blended in together with filler. They are now primed and painted. I’ve also started cutting out the canopy frames and started filling in all the seams in the fuse. I also started to whittle away at the pilot figure I planned to use to save weight. I wasn’t happy with the canopy that I vacuum formed. It had a few tiny bubbles in it so I’m assuming the plastic I used wasn’t annealed. I ordered some different plastic to see if my luck changes. Stay tuned
Aug 27, 2018, 02:24 PM
Looking better and better with every post Rene! I hope everything turns out OK with the shoulder!

Paul
Aug 27, 2018, 03:26 PM
Pro Hoarder
Yep looking super!...Jet is cool but health is more important...Nice work as always
Latest blog entry: In flight
Aug 28, 2018, 07:56 PM
Design.Build.Fly
Definitely has the wow factor
Aug 29, 2018, 02:42 PM
Rene,

I just found this thread a few days ago and read it all the way through. Prayers sent for a great outcome on your shoulder. Your work is amazing. You seem to be one of those people that can do anything you want at a very high level.

My only EDF is a project for the future after we get settled in new house. Fortunately we're leaving New Mexico behind and going back to the area where I grew up. I saw that some of the participants in this thread fly at JSC/MSC RC Club. I'll be re-joining that club in the near future and hope to meet them soon. If the JSC flyers read this please shoot me a PM. I flew there in the '80s and '90s before taking a job that had me moving several times.

I'll be lurking frequently. --David
Sep 12, 2018, 02:38 PM
Thread OP
Thank you all. The treatments are going well and Im in much less pain as before. I know a lot of the is the great drugs im getting

Im able to get more work done so I should have some more photos up here shortly.

Rene
Sep 15, 2018, 04:57 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by David2011
Rene,

I just found this thread a few days ago and read it all the way through. Prayers sent for a great outcome on your shoulder. Your work is amazing. You seem to be one of those people that can do anything you want at a very high level.

My only EDF is a project for the future after we get settled in new house. Fortunately we're leaving New Mexico behind and going back to the area where I grew up. I saw that some of the participants in this thread fly at JSC/MSC RC Club. I'll be re-joining that club in the near future and hope to meet them soon. If the JSC flyers read this please shoot me a PM. I flew there in the '80s and '90s before taking a job that had me moving several times.

I'll be lurking frequently. --David
David- thank you for the kind words. I've spent many hours pouring myself into books and videos online. My best source has been YouTube. This project has been a big learning experience for me. Probably more than anything I've worked on so far.

thanks again and take care!

Rene
Sep 22, 2018, 08:37 PM
This looks amazing....just amazing. Well done. I've starting building one of these birds at 1/16 scale. I imported the plans into Fusion 360, reduced them by 50% and extruded the formers & ribs and 3D printed them, using balsa for the rest.
Sep 23, 2018, 07:38 AM
norite.. Lots of us use F-360. That would make a great build thread. Did you start one?.
Sep 23, 2018, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure in which sub forum to put a 3D printed-balsa edf build!
Sep 23, 2018, 04:28 PM
This sub forum should work
Sep 23, 2018, 05:35 PM
Last edited by norite; Sep 23, 2018 at 05:39 PM. Reason: duplicate
Sep 24, 2018, 01:02 PM
deleted
Last edited by jumo004; Sep 24, 2018 at 01:30 PM. Reason: didn't see already existing thread...
Oct 04, 2018, 01:03 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by norite
This looks amazing....just amazing. Well done. I've starting building one of these birds at 1/16 scale. I imported the plans into Fusion 360, reduced them by 50% and extruded the formers & ribs and 3D printed them, using balsa for the rest.
Very nice build partner. Im guessing the span being just inside 2m. Should fly nice and sweet. I'll look out for your thread and follow along. You may be done before I finish mine!

Quick Reply