Thunderchief with maiden video - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by burkefj, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 06, 2014, 06:36 PM
Discussion

Thunderchief with maiden video

I discovered that the evergreen aviation museum has a thunderchief now on display....It was a nice sunny day so I took some photos....didn't take me long to decide to upscale my original 3mm micro version to 6mm and 39" long...Kinkos did the scaling for me from my original plans. I decided to use a doubled central fuse with two side doublers, and 3mm covers over the rocket mount that also doubles for mounting my grayson microjet motor. Plane is already framed up awaiting an esc and maiden to confirm the CG. I stuck with a full flying tail only. This is a single seat D version. Not sure on the colors yet, I'll probably go with the light bottom and camo top like these photos..... Here are some pictures from Evergreen.....The original small version, and my newer version.

Update 1/7 Finished the painting, now just need to do some panel lines, a few letter markings and wait for my ESC.

Update 1/8 Finished the markings and panel lines, esc is in today but rain for the next week Looks like right around 14 oz rtf.

Update 1/13 Maiden went well, CG was right on, was very windy today but handled it well.

Video will be at:
F-105 Thunderchief RC parkjet (2 min 17 sec)

Frank
Last edited by burkefj; Jan 13, 2014 at 07:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2014, 12:59 AM
Really nice job. Very clean and obviously a lot of TLC.

Quick Reply