Zulu build - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jan 05, 2014, 07:58 PM
Carpe Cerevisi

Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick J
Very nice ! ( but I ll bet your daughter will do a lot better ) Liking it !
Funny you should say that. I went ahead and painted the wing in preparation of my daughter doing the spots. She's over here now working on it. Here's how the leopard scheme is progressing...

I'm not sure if I like mine or her version better...what do you think?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2014, 08:07 PM
Are you kidding me Rob ?? I d let her do whatever she wanted LOOKS GREAT
Jan 05, 2014, 08:13 PM
It's not going to build itself
Rob, you're a really talented builder, but I think I'd let her finish the spots too! Really cool idea!
Latest blog entry: Some vids
Jan 05, 2014, 08:20 PM
Carpe Cerevisi
Oh.... Ok....if you guys think so... I'll let her finish what she started... Lol!,
Jan 05, 2014, 08:29 PM
It's not going to build itself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buenperro
Oh.... Ok....if you guys think so... I'll let her finish what she started... Lol!,
Probably best.
Latest blog entry: Some vids
Jan 05, 2014, 08:35 PM
Smart move Rob hard decision DOH !!!
Jan 05, 2014, 10:20 PM
Frickin awesome Rob!!! Cool plane, nice workmanship and sweet art work by your daughter. I have a daughter that's a very artistic too but I can't seem to get here to work on my planes yet.
Jan 05, 2014, 11:29 PM
Carpe Cerevisi

Top finished

Thanks Fred. She's done some wild stuff for my planes in the past. She was thinking of doing it on the side just for fun.

She finished the top of the wing before she left tonight. Here's a few pics of how it turned out. I might be biased because my daughter did it but I think it turned our spectacular!

Tomorrow, tail art, mounting servos, covering and servo horn installation.
Jan 05, 2014, 11:46 PM
Slope-a-Dope
Turned out spectacular, indeed. Love the transition of both color and spots from LE to TE. Great talent in the Sharpie wielder, too!
Jan 06, 2014, 04:52 AM
Taranis Tyro...
Looks great - my only concern would be whether the lamfilm will adhere ok to thepainted surface (my experience is that it prefers au-naturel EPP, so I normally only decorate with pens nowadays).
Jan 06, 2014, 05:43 AM
Carpe Cerevisi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB
Looks great - my only concern would be whether the lamfilm will adhere ok to thepainted surface (my experience is that it prefers au-naturel EPP, so I normally only decorate with pens nowadays).
What kind of paint were you using? I haven't had any issues using Krylon Fusion spray paint. I know of others (Justin aka JGAF) that have been using cheap Walmart paint with great success. Here's a pic of a combat wing I did with a fairly heavy coat of Krylon that I then covered with 7mil CP film. I didn't use any spray adhesive and I've beat the heck out of it with no issues. I plan on using some Loctite spray adhesive just for the heck of it on this project. If I have any problems with it delaminating, I will definately mention it here.

Cheers,

Rob
Jan 06, 2014, 07:26 AM
Nothing to see here...
Really nice work. Rob

You build so efficiently.

Rubio
Latest blog entry: The Man they call .... Rubio
Jan 06, 2014, 07:58 AM
Carpe Cerevisi
Thanks Rubio.

You mean when I actually build something? You on the other hand are a building machine!!! Of course having a deadline helps but, I love to build unlike some people we know. I'm not going to name names but his initials are..... Dick Johnson!
Last edited by Buenperro; Jan 06, 2014 at 08:13 AM.
Jan 06, 2014, 08:21 AM
Winging it >
Awesome flying machine and also a work of art; really nice!!
Jan 06, 2014, 08:33 AM
Carpe Cerevisi
Thanks leadfrather. If I'm not mistaken, you're a Long Beach guy. You must have see Zach flying his or perhaps flown one yourself? If so, what do you think?

Quick Reply