Thread Tools
May 22, 2014, 10:24 AM
Registered User
giteart's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyolic
Do I need train in simulator before V977? What simulator has WLToys models?
If you havent flown a 4ch helli before I would highly recommend starting with a 4ch first like the V911 and then moving on to a 6ch like the v977.

If you already can fly with confidence a 4ch then you will not need any short of simulator. Just for your first flies go somewhere with grass or wheat that is forgiving in impact.

Check out this thread here about the V977
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2014, 11:14 AM
Team Drone Art
Daryoon's Avatar
Actually...with the accelerometer equipped micro CP from hiSky available for purchased soon. And comments from ppl who were lucky enough to fly the prototype at the Hobby Expos...they said it flies as easy as a v911. But without the bad tendencies of the flybar.

And you press a switch...and it changes modes to fly like a traditional, gyro only micro CP.

So really, the best of both worlds. And with that new tech, it's my recommendation for those trying to get started and then hoping to move to CP in the near future.

Available for purchased now...is the accelerometer equipped fixed pitch version.

HiSky HFP 80

Thaat said...grabbing a affordable v911 for some indoors/backyard thrashing is recommended. They cost so little IMHO.
May 22, 2014, 04:13 PM
Registered User
But I'd like to clarify... do any simulators have WLtoys(and may be HiSky) models?
May 23, 2014, 02:37 AM
Registered User
giteart's Avatar
lyolic I dont know the list of hellicopters all simulators offer but I would bet they do not have them as they are considered toys and not hobby grade rc hellis.

If you learn to fly in the simulator with any collective pitch helli then buying any cp helli from the market will give you a close enough experience.
Dont think about it so much. Once you get it in your hands you will know what to do
May 24, 2014, 02:08 AM
Team Drone Art
Daryoon's Avatar
In fact, even the models that some simulator has. Such as the Blade mCPX does not fly anything like the real model.

They're all interpretations. And you'd have to tweak the simulator model to get it to fly like the real life version.
May 31, 2014, 02:58 PM
Registered User

My New V966


Yes, I'm a micro heli addict. I love my Walkera Genius, Mini CP, Super CP and I even enjoy the Helimax 100CP and 100SS.
So.....when I got the chance to get the WL V966 on Ebay for about $60, I bit the bullet.

It's a nice heli. As with all brushed (coreless motor) helis, it's a bit low on power. In the 6 axis mode, it's very gentle for flying in confined places. Both hi and low dual rates are quite manageable. Switch it to 3-G and it's much more twitchy. Not bad, however. Switch to 3D and it will do loops (forward and backward) and rolls. Nothing spectacular, and be sure to have some altitude as it does drop.

I've watched the videos of guys flying it like a bumble bee, but I couldn't get those manuvers out of it.

I'm anxious to try some inverted in 6 G to see if that helps. It definitely helps on my Genius.

So, all in all, it's an OK heli, but nothing to brag about. If I can get the V977 for a good price, I may give it a try.

The transmitter is nice, but very light with only 4 batteries and plastic construction. It's very difficult to switch from 3G to 6G or vice-versa without looking at the transmitter. I think that it takes 2 button pushes to make the change, but my fingers aren't trained to where the button is.

The Chinglish manual is the worst that I've ever seen.

By the way..the V966 is definitely related to the Helimax 100 CP, so I assume the V977 is related to the Helimax 100SS.
Swilson50
aka: Stan in Dodge City
Jun 01, 2014, 03:43 AM
Registered User
Hello Friends,

I received my unit yesterday and the heli seems to be ok. However I am at a loss to understand the manual.

Is there any manual for the heli or a clone in proper English?

Can I find somewhere a link what to do and its function with the various buttons on the TX?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Robert R.
Last edited by Jaguar 20040; Jun 01, 2014 at 02:49 PM.
Jun 02, 2014, 12:10 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
FyreSG's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilson50
I'm anxious to try some inverted in 6 G to see if that helps. It definitely helps on my Genius.
Over at the V977 thread, the issue of 6G was discussed several times. In a nutshell, 6G means no Idle-Up, so you can't do inverted in 6G mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar 20040
I received my unit yesterday and the heli seems to be ok. However I am at a loss to understand the manual.

Is there any manual for the heli or a clone in proper English?

Can I find somewhere a link what to do and its function with the various buttons on the TX?
Which heli do you have? Check out the V977 thread as your queries may have been answered in that thread.
Jun 07, 2014, 07:44 AM
Registered User
Have quesiotn about V930.
On the BG there are 2 types of Baterries: 450mah and 520mah. The 520 are bigger ones. Wont they made helicopter fly unstable or somethink? Which do you preffer to buy. 5x 520 or 4x 450mah?
Jul 17, 2014, 03:13 PM
The one and only
Zareph's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by baciany
Have quesiotn about V930.
On the BG there are 2 types of Baterries: 450mah and 520mah. The 520 are bigger ones. Wont they made helicopter fly unstable or somethink? Which do you preffer to buy. 5x 520 or 4x 450mah?
I don't know for sure, but I highly doubt it.
Which is why when I ordered a V977 today, I ordered the 5x520mAh 30C batteries
Aug 20, 2014, 04:58 AM
Registered User
giteart's Avatar
A little bit off topic.
Yesterday arrived the Hisky HFP100 flysky edition that I succesfully bind it to the V912 transmitter. It is a flybarless heli, really fast compared to v912 and agile.

My problem is that the servos jitter. They are fine when I just plug in the battery, but when I open the tx and binds then both ele and ail servos move on their own. The heli is flyable and hovers ok but they make this sound all the time for no reason.
Also servo motors are very hot after a while and I am afraid about their longlivety.
Has anyone experienced anything similar with a hisky helli? Is it normal.? Should I change the main board or something?
Aug 26, 2014, 11:43 PM
Registered User
What do you think - V988 is easy for novice? Or I should buy V911?

Also V977 has 6 axis giro. Is it harder than V911/V988?
Aug 27, 2014, 07:16 AM
Registered User
giteart's Avatar
yes it is harder.

I started with v911 & v912 witch have a flybar and when I felt comfortable with them I bought a 4ch flybarless. The hisky fbl100. I used the same transmitter the v912 came with.

The flybarless is harder to control but more fun.

I would highly recomend getting a v911 first if you havent flown a heli before and then move on to the others.

Unless you can spend lots of $$ and get 2-3 v977 because you will wreck them quick.

But anyway, you have to get spare parts for whatever you get. Blades frame landing skids as a starter.
Sep 04, 2014, 12:27 AM
Registered User
Hi guys,

I have a 911 and saw the 977 in a local shop, It is only 10 usd more locally than banggood so I think im going to take the plunge,
Are there any spare parts that I should get from banggood while Im learning to fly it? I have some 911 tail motors on hand already,

I have gotten to the point where my first 911 took a beating, my second one has many many hours of flight time and is in perfect condition, so I want to progress.

Problem is that I want to use my 9x with the 977, Is it not possible to take the module out of the stock transmitter and put it on the trainer port of the 9x or something in order to get a batter handset, has anyone done that before?

I have looked at deventiontx and they have reproduced the protocol for the 977, I may consider getting a devo 10 in the future as they seem better for these types of toys, I also have a v262 that im considering changing a motor on to get flying again, Id love a good radio on that,
Sep 04, 2014, 03:08 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilson50
Yes, I'm a micro heli addict. I love my Walkera Genius, Mini CP, Super CP and I even enjoy the Helimax 100CP and 100SS.
So.....when I got the chance to get the WL V966 on Ebay for about $60, I bit the bullet.

It's a nice heli. As with all brushed (coreless motor) helis, it's a bit low on power. In the 6 axis mode, it's very gentle for flying in confined places. Both hi and low dual rates are quite manageable. Switch it to 3-G and it's much more twitchy. Not bad, however. Switch to 3D and it will do loops (forward and backward) and rolls. Nothing spectacular, and be sure to have some altitude as it does drop.

I've watched the videos of guys flying it like a bumble bee, but I couldn't get those manuvers out of it.

I'm anxious to try some inverted in 6 G to see if that helps. It definitely helps on my Genius.

So, all in all, it's an OK heli, but nothing to brag about. If I can get the V977 for a good price, I may give it a try.

The transmitter is nice, but very light with only 4 batteries and plastic construction. It's very difficult to switch from 3G to 6G or vice-versa without looking at the transmitter. I think that it takes 2 button pushes to make the change, but my fingers aren't trained to where the button is.

The Chinglish manual is the worst that I've ever seen.

By the way..the V966 is definitely related to the Helimax 100 CP, so I assume the V977 is related to the Helimax 100SS.
Swilson50
aka: Stan in Dodge City
The v977 is pretty much the same, ive seen videos of it being flown like a bumble bee doing the crazies tick tocks and flips, but so far i havnt seen anyone actualy be able to reproduce it except for a guy that did a 2s conversion which gave it way more power. It also could do with a bit more ptich witch may give it more punch. However its certainly powerfull enough compared to the brushed version. flight times are great about 7 minutes of normal flying.



Quote:
Originally Posted by baciany
Have quesiotn about V930.
On the BG there are 2 types of Baterries: 450mah and 520mah. The 520 are bigger ones. Wont they made helicopter fly unstable or somethink? Which do you preffer to buy. 5x 520 or 4x 450mah?
I just recieved the 520mah batteries, no instructions on how to use the charger but apparently the light goes off when charging and comes back on when full charge and you can charge al 5 at the same time.

My v977 is in need of some TLC as a swash ball has been broken several times and glued back on, ive also acidentally glued a link to a ball and im sure its causing some binding issues bogging the motor down.

But so far i dont notice much if any difference over the stock battery. I havnt timed it yet but i reckon im getting only a minute more and it does add a touch of weight. I dont do 3d yet so i cant comment on how it performs for that but doing pitch pumps theres no extra punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spruce m00se
Hi guys,

I have a 911 and saw the 977 in a local shop, It is only 10 usd more locally than banggood so I think im going to take the plunge,
Are there any spare parts that I should get from banggood while Im learning to fly it? I have some 911 tail motors on hand already,

I have gotten to the point where my first 911 took a beating, my second one has many many hours of flight time and is in perfect condition, so I want to progress.

Problem is that I want to use my 9x with the 977, Is it not possible to take the module out of the stock transmitter and put it on the trainer port of the 9x or something in order to get a batter handset, has anyone done that before?

I have looked at deventiontx and they have reproduced the protocol for the 977, I may consider getting a devo 10 in the future as they seem better for these types of toys, I also have a v262 that im considering changing a motor on to get flying again, Id love a good radio on that,
Not sure about taking the module out the TX to use as a radio. The v977 radio module recievs a PPM signal from the board but is it the same as used by the trainer port, also you have to power the board from something.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools