High Sierra Radio Control Club, Carson City, NV - Page 5 - RC Groups
Dec 21, 2014, 09:50 PM
I'm going to try and make it down there this year. Should be cold but fun.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2014, 12:14 PM
flyingnut29
I am looking forward to being at the Frozen Finger Fun Fly. I am from the Reno club and there should be at least 3 RRCCer's there.
My plane made it to the front page of RC Universe! I can't take credit for taking the picture but I was flying the plane at our last balloon bust. From the pull down menu on the home page; select 'All R/C'.
Dec 22, 2014, 01:02 PM
Good shot of your plane Bob on RC universe. Hope to see you and many fellow flyers at CC.
Dec 24, 2014, 01:46 PM
Official Boat Bum
Excellent, so far we'll have guys from the Reno RRCC club as well as the Fernley High Desert Flyers (Both groups, RRCC and the Fernley HDRC are always great and a supportive regional group, thank you).

I will be getting back from a work trip the night before. I'll be tired but I'll be there!
Dec 24, 2014, 02:39 PM
Official Boat Bum
Anybody want to try to get a gaggle of warbirds up into loose formation, for the Frozen Finger Fly? Seems like nearly everyone has a warbird of some type, might be fun.

Check out this Facebook site, lots of cool photos:
https://www.facebook.com/AustrianWW2.../photos_stream
Jan 08, 2015, 02:02 PM
Dayton,NV
Deleted
Last edited by Edgeman55; Feb 24, 2015 at 01:58 PM.
Feb 14, 2015, 05:16 PM
Official Boat Bum
Since it has not been posted yet on this thread here is a list of club events for the High Sierra RC Club, Carson City NV, by way of the Pony Express Model Aviation Airpark for 2015.

See bottom of this post for attachment! Fly safe and have fun.

HSRCC Events for 2015

(We meet the second Tuesday of each month for Club Meetings)

May 9, 2015 - Annual Roll Out Party / Chili Feed - Reinbolt / Fuller
First time flight for your winter project including new builds, repairs or new planes added to your fleet. Bring Antacid for your stomach!

May 30, 2015 - "Old Timers" Fun Fly
Old Timers and Gliders

June 20, 2015 - Carson Airport Open House
Etcheto
Participate at the open house!

June 27, 2015 - Annual Club Picnic
Etcheto
Bring the family for a BBQ! We will also host a Swap Meet.

July 10, 2015 - 2015 Death Ride
Jones
Volunteer to help with a bicycle ride out of Markleville California. The club will make $1000!

July 25, 2015 - Scale Competition Fun Fly
Morse
Scale Static and Flying Contest - Field closed during the contest

August 15, 2015 - Annual Northern Nevada Fly-In
Etcheto
Open for all clubs in Northern Nevada! In conjunction with National Model Aviation Day.

August 22, 2015 - Electric Fun Fly
Electric Power Only - Field closed to glow and gas

September 12, 2015 - Fun Fly Contest

September 16, 2015 - Reno Air Races 16th - 20th
No, we are not doing anything as a club!

October 4, 2015 - "Franken-Plane" Fun Fly
Will Your most horrible creation fly?

December 8, 2015 - Annual Christmas Dinner
Etcheto
Be there, it's tradition!

January 1, 2016 - Frozen Finger Fun Fly
Fuller
Come freeze your body parts off
Last edited by Eddie P; Mar 15, 2015 at 10:03 AM.
Mar 10, 2015, 09:45 PM
Official Boat Bum
Was passing by the Woodland Davis flying field (I-80 to SFO) so I decided to stop in. I caught a few jets in action with my little ole iPone. Some editing and play time on iMovie and here is a movie trailer. The intention is to get guys pumped for flying See you guys out there, fly safe and have fun!

JETS, the Trailer (1 min 5 sec)
Mar 13, 2015, 04:20 PM
Official Boat Bum
Thanks to Dan E for the email regarding flying today. The weather was epic, good time flying. Almost had Stan's Tucano upfor a test flight but the ESC decided to play some programming tricks on us. Next time. Some turbine ops going on today too.

Wish I had gotten more photos there was a lot going on today. Most impressive thing I saw today was a brand new DLE55 on a beautiful Decathalon started and ran today out of the box and did not miss a beat. Sounded perfect and was not even broken in yet. Hope to see that Decathalon in action.
Mar 14, 2015, 08:00 PM
Dayton,NV
Eddie I flew the Decathlon after you left and it was a great flight-55 did not miss a beat.Nice flight with your turbine jet I really enjoyed seeing her fly.Gene
Mar 15, 2015, 09:59 AM
Official Boat Bum
That's the ticket Gene! Looks sweet man, what a pretty bird, also looking fwd to seeing her fly as well. Next time when I don't have so much going on I want to check her out a bit closer.

If Stan is up for it we may get his Tucano maidened toward the end of the week now that the ESC issues are figured out, should be a straight forward task this time.
Mar 15, 2015, 08:43 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Looking for a Tactic 6-channel programmable radio for the Fernley RC Club trainer.
Mar 22, 2015, 11:50 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
A reminder for those doing spring cleaning, the High Desert RC Club in Fernley hosts free classified ads on our website. No need to contact anyone, just go to the website, setup an account and then start posting your RC and related items that you have for sale. There's some good stuff on there right now.

Again, it's free and it has a acutely targeted audience.

http://www.highdesertrcclub.com
Mar 28, 2015, 12:03 PM
Official Boat Bum
Nice Website John and I registered. Good idea about the classifieds for general local sales and horse trades.
Mar 28, 2015, 02:08 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P
Nice Website John and I registered. Good idea about the classifieds for general local sales and horse trades.
Thanks, Eddie. are you joining us on the dry lake bed in Stagecoach, this weekend?