High Sierra Radio Control Club, Carson City, NV - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 21, 2014, 04:39 PM
Official Boat Bum
Couple re touches.. there are some others I'd like to get to but super busy! Have fun guys, fly for me when you can since I don't get out as much as a lot of you guys do!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2014, 02:58 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Drone Wars, July 12th @ Tiger Field.

Here is the flyer. Feel free to download, print and post around town, post on your Facebook page, email to your friends.

see www.highdesertrcclub.com for more info.
Jun 29, 2014, 09:03 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
what is this guys name and how do I get in touch with him? I would love to have him join us at our July 12th event in Fernley.
Jun 30, 2014, 11:01 PM
Official Boat Bum
F-86 is sold
Last edited by Eddie P; Jul 29, 2014 at 10:43 PM.
Jul 01, 2014, 07:42 PM
Dayton,NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorama
what is this guys name and how do I get in touch with him? I would love to have him join us at our July 12th event in Fernley.
Thats Alex from the Reno Club.He works Saturdays so I do believe he would be unable to attend.Plus that is the same date as the Tahoe Truckee Airshow.
Last edited by Edgeman55; Jul 01, 2014 at 08:01 PM.
Jul 01, 2014, 09:47 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeman55
Thats Alex from the Reno Club.He works Saturdays so I do believe he would be unable to attend.Plus that is the same date as the Tahoe Truckee Airshow.
Thanks.

Is there many from your club going to the airshow?
Jul 02, 2014, 11:21 AM
Dayton,NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorama
Thanks.

Is there many from your club going to the airshow?
Don't know if many from the Carson Club will be going up there.I do know that the Reno Club will be up there with a static dispay and demo flights as they did last year.They too wanted Alex to fly up there with a demo flight but as said he has to work.This is IMHO the best full scale airshow in Northern Nevada with many aerobatic pilots-many more then one could see at the air races.Patty Wagstaff will be there this year too.
Jul 11, 2014, 02:32 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
I know most of you will be in Truckee tomorrow and I hope you have a great Our big flying event is tomorrow at Tiger Field in Fernley.

-Bomb Drop Competition
-Shoot Paintball Guns at flying drones
-Several special guests will be setup to show off their drone technology and capabilities

www.highdeserrcclub.com/drone-wars/

Jul 16, 2014, 11:12 AM
Official Boat Bum

Saturday, July 19th 2014 - RC Flying Event Carson City

Got the email from Bob, attached below for anyone not having received it:

Don’t miss the picnic…. It is open flying but we will have a “Poker-Fly” for those who want to participate. There will be a five buck buy in and the pot will be shared among the participants, depending how may there are. There will be one deck with each flyer getting five cards. The flyer will dump two cards and make two flights to draw two cards from the deck. A flight is take-off, make a maneuver, and land on the runway. Flyer may draw wild card flight for five bucks into the pot ( should he miss the runway, for instance). Winner has the best hand. In event of a tie, a diabolical fly off competition will be held. Rules by me.

Bring your whole family Saturday and we will have a lot of fun. Bob J.
Aug 05, 2014, 10:41 PM
WARBIRDS at RRCC
This Saturday is our warbird day and BBQ. Bring any plane but if
you have a warbird, bring that. My idea for this is if you have an
appreciation for the look or sound of a warbird, then this is the day
to show it off. I'll be cooking up some good grub and looking forward
to seeing you at the field.

Activity Director
Chip Haynes
Sep 01, 2014, 11:11 AM
Official Boat Bum
Been having some fun at the HSRCC Pony Express Model Airfield lately!! Now that a fall weather pattern is upon us I expect cooler and calmer days and some good flying for a stretch

First few "shakedown" flights on a new F-100D Super Sabre. Some kinks to iron out still, but a good start to an everyday flyable airplane.
F-100 Test Flights #3 and #4 (6 min 6 sec)

New power system for my 10 year old "El Bandito" 90mm EDF sport jet.
El Bandito 2014 (5 min 51 sec)

I finally got some video of the old Ta-152. After cracking a wing skin and gear doubler at the "scale" meet two months ago (and withdrawing from further flying for fear of ripping the gear out) she got a landing gear mount and wing touch-up and is back to flying status. You guys should have seen how light the wood work was in the gear area, I'm surprised I managed two seasons out of her ARF work before this crack developed. She is airworthy now, for sure!
Model Sounds Inc Ta-152 (6 min 0 sec)
Sep 02, 2014, 05:33 PM

Scale contest

Reno Radio Control Club Presents
High Desert 'Scale Sortie'
(A Scale model airplane contest)
Reno Radio Control Club Aerodrome
October 4th 2014
Categories:Military and Civilian
Cost: $10.00, per category
Trophies: Ah shucks; Just think of the glory for winning! OK, there will be trophies to 3rd place in each category.
Static Judging: 0730-0900 hrs. Points awarded for the following:
(Kit or scratch built models scored as follows:
General overall appearance......1-5 points
Construction...........1-10 points
Color and markings.................1-5 points
Points for entering an ARF model:.................1-7 points
Pilots meeting: 0915 hrs. Flying starts at 0930 hrs.
Flights: Two flights; each flight before two different set of judges.
Final Placement: Total of both flights plus static score.
Flight Maneuvers: 1) Take off; 2) Flat figure eight; 3) Slow Fly By (presentation of model); 4) maneuver of choice; 5) maneuver of choice; 6) maneuver of choice; 7) Landing; 8) judges score for realism' of flight. Maximum score for 8 flight maneuvers is 80 pts. Plus a maximum static score of 20 points equals 100 points.
Concours award: Best of show voted on by pilots and judges.
Lunch: A lunch of hot dogs, potato salad, chips and drink will be
provided for a nominal charge of $2.00.

CD: Lanny Shorts, 530-587-2518 ldshorts@att.net
Assistant CD: Mel Qualey, 775-622-3822
Nov 06, 2014, 04:41 PM

For Sale

AeroWorks 75cc Extra 260

Hello fellow club members.
I just can't justify keeping two big gas planes around for the amount of flying time I'm getting right now.
I have over $2500 in this plane but I've been flying it at the club for about 7 years now. I'm thinking about $1500 bind-n-fly is right on what it's worth but I'm willing to negotiate.
If you are interested in this aircraft or know another flyer who is looking to add another aircraft to their hanger please contact:
Thom Riddle via E-mail at rrccnews@yahoo.com

Thom will be able to set up a time and date for you to view the aircraft.
Thank you,
Steve Althoff
Member of the Reno Club
Specs

Plane purchased new, had one wing with slight damage rrccnews-repaired 4 seasons ago
Typical hangar rash/ wheel pants for plane that's 7 years old and been flown.
Custom cockpit panel
ZDZ 80 engine purchased new for this plane, starts easily, perfect match for plane
Carbon Prop
Tru Turn spinner
Hitec HS5955 Titanium gear servos on all control surfaces
One elevator servo digitally reversed-allows flying on even a 7 channel radio
MPI aluminum servo arms
SmartFly panel with regulator and optical ignition kill switch
Servo on choke acts as backup kill switch
Pin/flag type power switch ("fail"=on)
9 channel Spectrum receiver
LiFe batteries all around
GraphTech Carbon wing tube

Pictures are available via E-mail if you are interested in her.
Dec 21, 2014, 04:26 PM
Official Boat Bum
Come on Carson RC'ers. How about some activity on line What about the Frozen Finger Fly Jan 1st? Who will be there?
Dec 21, 2014, 05:48 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P
Come on Carson RC'ers. How about some activity on line What about the Frozen Finger Fly Jan 1st? Who will be there?
Count me in! I hope the organize such an event, again this year...next year...whatever.