High Sierra Radio Control Club, Carson City, NV - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 07, 2014, 08:55 PM
AMA 8614

Field Trip to Sierra Sagebrush Flyers Meeting 3-10-14

Gary Fuller, Harold Siegfried and I made a trip to Minden to attend the SSBF monthly meeting. The meeting was held in Jim Kelso's shop. Jim is President of the club and his place is something to see.

We reviewed our agenda for the coming year and Gary discussed the upcoming Roll-out party. After the meeting we adjourned to Katie's Kitchen at the CVI for a great dinner. Hospitality at the SSBF is always great, and we had a lot of fun.

Attached are some pictures of Jim's shop and some of his projects.We will be going up to Reno for their meeting next month.

BJ
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2014, 01:00 AM
Official Boat Bum
That's my kind of shop! Really nice.
Mar 13, 2014, 06:09 AM

Ultimate for sale

Hello from Fernley! great to see this thread. I have a 44% Ultimate I would like to sell. Never flown 3W with 3W 157cc competition redhead engine. Just thought I would see if anyone local is interested?. Will consider partial trades. Needs batteries and radio system. All servo's etc. installed, ARF!Name: IMG_20131115_214642.jpg
Views: 52
Size: 426.5 KB
Description:
Mar 22, 2014, 06:04 AM

Fernley funfly

Wanted to let the Carson City Group know that on Sat. April 12 the we will be having a funfly/swapmeet in Fernley. We will post a flyer with more info. soon.
Mar 22, 2014, 06:58 PM
AMA 8614
Here is a great video link from our Chief of R&D, Lance Morrison. You can copy and paste the link into your browser, if clicking on it doesn't work.- BJ

"Drain Pipe"'s post:

Here is today’s video of the test flight. Enjoy !

Ballistic Parachute Recovery System for RC Airplanes (8 min 5 sec)

Modifications will entail a catapult mechanism made from an old trout rod to fling the canopy above the tail on the flight tomorrow – maybe !?

“DrainPipe”
Mar 25, 2014, 06:29 AM

Fernley funfly

Everyone come and join us!
Mar 25, 2014, 02:10 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Apr 15, 2014, 01:43 PM
Official Boat Bum
Are the Carson City guys and gals still planning the Open House fly day, the first weekend of May?
Apr 15, 2014, 02:47 PM
AMA 8614

Yep May 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P
Are the Carson City guys and gals still planning the Open House fly day, the first weekend of May?
We are having our Roll-Out Party. Fun flyers are welcome too. You'll even get the free chili... Bob J.
Apr 15, 2014, 10:27 PM
Official Boat Bum
Thanks Bob. I will plan to attend, last year wad a great event. I have one new plane and a few other spruced up and modified oldies but goodies to fly.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:56 PM
Hope to make it over! I think some of the Fernley crew are planning to attend. Thanks to all of you for showing up for our Funfly swap meet!
Apr 22, 2014, 05:06 PM
T-34/Soar 40 Racing At the Reno Radio Control Club Field
April 26th 9:30 A.M.

Come out and enjoy the thrills, skills and carnage that is pylon racing. Registration begins at
8A.M. with the first heat race at 9:30. The field is open to all pilots until the first heat race and during the intermission between the final heat race and the mains. During the intermission a free barbecue lunch is provided with the hotdogs cooked by Chef Scott.
We are always looking for volunteers. How would you like to be a Pylon Judge. A lap counter for one of the pilots (hard hat provided) or a member of the Crash Site Recovery Crew. A plastic bag is provided to each crew member and at some sites a lot of bending down is required.
Apr 22, 2014, 11:08 PM
Wandering IT geek
You guys giving any thought to adding a EF-1 race on T-34 Race days?
Apr 23, 2014, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin4740
You guys giving any thought to adding a EF-1 race on T-34 Race days?
Not sure about that. Will have to talk to the T-34 racers. They just added the Hobby King Soar 40 to the line up this year.
Apr 25, 2014, 10:36 AM
Wandering IT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyRC
Not sure about that. Will have to talk to the T-34 racers. They just added the Hobby King Soar 40 to the line up this year.
Cool! I'll have to come out and watch sometime.