Jan 01, 2014, 08:40 PM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
Thread OP
Discussion

Mini Quad RC conversion

I've got this frame that I want to convert to RC. I need much softer springs and/or shocks for it though. the current ones are way too stiff (and aren't real shocks)

Any Ideas,

Cheers
Nick
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2014, 08:58 PM
in memory of dez RIP
looks to have prload adjustment have you backed them all the way off ?? how big on the power plant ?? also id use something with a cvt so you wont have to fab a way to shift it ..
Jan 04, 2014, 09:05 PM
Thread OP
The original motor is a 49 cc 2 stroke, Its going to be turfed for a 50-100 cc brushless equivalent. The springs are nasty cheap and too stiff. designed for the weight of a kid.

cheers
Nick
Jan 04, 2014, 09:38 PM
in memory of dez RIP
may look into springs for a mountain bike ( just a thought )
Jan 04, 2014, 10:01 PM
Thread OP
Ive looked at them but I think they might still bee too stiff, will go to a bike shop and have a look though
Sep 30, 2021, 09:16 AM
Hot glue will fix anything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_75au
I've got this frame that I want to convert to RC. I need much softer springs and/or shocks for it though. the current ones are way too stiff (and aren't real shocks)

Any Ideas,

Cheers
Nick
Did you ever build it?

I have a pocket quad which i converted to Rc about 5 years ago which im now converting to electric.

Im making the move to electric for 3 reasons, it pissed my neighbors off big time because it was crazy loud, it was grossly over powered with a 50cc petrol engine and a real handful to control and the biggest reason for going electric is im now kitting it with full autonomous capability

It now has a flight controller running Ardupilot with GPS, Compass, Voltage and Current sensing, Forward facing Lidar, Rear facing Sonar and the gyros and accelerometers can be tuned in the software to help prevent rollovers by limiting how many G's its allowed to pull in a turn

I have a body from a Peg Pergero Pickup 3000 body (like powerwheels) which fits the wheelbase pretty well but rarely ran it with it on when it was petrol powered because of the risk of rolling it and destroying the body!

I have 10w leds in the headlights and stop,tail and reversing lights in the rear

Quick Reply