Aug 03, 2014, 06:47 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manfjourde
Hey Pat - do you think the deck could be finished with planking and stain?
No doubt about it, the Racer could definitely be done with the nahogany deck. Back in the days after WW-II, Chris-Craft had a difficult time getting getting what they looked upon as high grade mahogany, so they used the best of the best on the decks and started painting the hulls. In fact, many of the 19' Racing Runabouts had painted hulls, so this one would look great with a painted hull and wood deck as well.

PAT
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2014, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Tritle
No doubt about it, the Racer could definitely be done with the nahogany deck. Back in the days after WW-II, Chris-Craft had a difficult time getting getting what they looked upon as high grade mahogany, so they used the best of the best on the decks and started painting the hulls. In fact, many of the 19' Racing Runabouts had painted hulls, so this one would look great with a painted hull and wood deck as well.

PAT
Excellent. That is the look I was going for because I had seen a few as you described so I knew they were done that way. I think I will get this kit and give it a shot. Thanks!

Also, did I miss it? What esc are you running? Looks like a simple, 20a but knowing would be good.
Last edited by Manfjourde; Aug 03, 2014 at 10:56 PM.

Quick Reply