Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 30, 2014, 11:48 AM
Official Boat Bum
"Drone Wars" is a great idea John and no doubt it will be a lot of fun!

Joshua, I put the Truckee Airshow on my calender early in the year as I am planning to attend with some friends but was also interested in the fact that the airshow timetable listed the model aviation display via RRCC as doing flight demos throughout the day. What do you guys have panned? Are you guys flying off a specific taxiway in between certain shows, or?
Last edited by Eddie P; Nov 13, 2014 at 05:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2014, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post
"Clone Wars" is a great idea John and no doubt it will be a lot of fun!

Joshua, I put the Truckee Airshow on my calender early in the year as I am planning to attend with some friends but was also interested in the fact that the airshow timetable listed the model aviation display via RRCC as doing flight demos throughout the day. What do you guys have panned? Are you guys flying off a specific taxiway in between certain shows, or?
Eddie they have us scheduled to fly between 10am and 1130am. We will front and center of the main taxiway. We will be the only ones out there.
Thom
Jul 02, 2014, 02:34 PM
Official Boat Bum
Excellent, will be watching for the display!! Good luck and looking forward to seeing you guys flying there.
Jul 11, 2014, 02:31 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
I know most of you will be in Truckee tomorrow and I hope you have a great time. For the rest you stragglers, consider coming out to Fernley.

Our big flying event is tomorrow at Tiger Field in Fernley.

-Bomb Drop Competition
-Shoot Paintball Guns at flying drones
-Several special guests will be setup to show off their drone technology and capabilities

www.highdeserrcclub.com/drone-wars/

Jul 15, 2014, 11:47 PM
Official Boat Bum
I took my son and daughter and niece to the TRK airshow on Saturday. You guys had a really nice static display setup, well done! My 10 year old daughter and 14 year old niece thought the RC planes were really cool. We showed up a little late, at 1230pm, so I did not get to see if you guys had a chance to fly any demos or not. Any RC flying by you guys?
Jul 18, 2014, 02:14 PM
Wandering IT geek
They did fly to open the Airshow. Did a nice job of demonstrating how much fun our hobby can be.
Jul 18, 2014, 05:21 PM
We had a great time at the Truckee Air Show.
Jul 18, 2014, 05:40 PM
Reno Radio Control Club field. Bob Barnett and Thom Riddle flying a Cessna 172.
Aug 10, 2014, 01:31 PM
Official Boat Bum
Would love to see some shots (if you have any) from the Warbird rally you guys had yesterday! Could not attend due to family committments but would have enjoyed it I'm sure. It's been years since I've flown at the RRCC field. 2008 to be exact I think.
Aug 11, 2014, 03:16 PM

Warbirds over RRCC

Hi Eddie, These are the pictures that I took on Saturday. Chip took a lot of pictures so hopefully he will post what he has.
Thom
Aug 14, 2014, 10:23 AM
Official Boat Bum
Cool pics! Wish I could have gone!
Aug 24, 2014, 06:41 PM
Wandering IT geek
It's a bit out of the area but if you're interested in racing EF-1, Q40 or Quickie there's a race coming up in September in Davis.

It's a three pole race and if you've never flown three pole you really should give it a try!

Here's the link: http://www.wdarc.org/2014_Memorial_Flyer.pdf

Hope to see a few other Reno folks there!

Chris
Sep 02, 2014, 05:34 PM

Scale contest

Reno Radio Control Club Presents
High Desert 'Scale Sortie'
(A Scale model airplane contest)
Reno Radio Control Club Aerodrome
October 4th 2014
Categories:Military and Civilian
Cost: $10.00, per category
Trophies: Ah shucks; Just think of the glory for winning! OK, there will be trophies to 3rd place in each category.
Static Judging: 0730-0900 hrs. Points awarded for the following:
(Kit or scratch built models scored as follows:
General overall appearance......1-5 points
Construction...........1-10 points
Color and markings.................1-5 points
Points for entering an ARF model:.................1-7 points
Pilots meeting: 0915 hrs. Flying starts at 0930 hrs.
Flights: Two flights; each flight before two different set of judges.
Final Placement: Total of both flights plus static score.
Flight Maneuvers: 1) Take off; 2) Flat figure eight; 3) Slow Fly By (presentation of model); 4) maneuver of choice; 5) maneuver of choice; 6) maneuver of choice; 7) Landing; 8) judges score for realism' of flight. Maximum score for 8 flight maneuvers is 80 pts. Plus a maximum static score of 20 points equals 100 points.
Concours award: Best of show voted on by pilots and judges.
Lunch: A lunch of hot dogs, potato salad, chips and drink will be
provided for a nominal charge of $2.00.

CD: Lanny Shorts, 530-587-2518 ldshorts@att.net
Assistant CD: Mel Qualey, 775-622-3822
Sep 28, 2014, 05:55 AM
Official Boat Bum
Have fun guys!
Last edited by Eddie P; Oct 01, 2014 at 10:11 AM.
Nov 06, 2014, 04:43 PM

For Sale

AeroWorks 75cc Extra 260

Hello fellow club members.
I just can't justify keeping two big gas planes around for the amount of flying time I'm getting right now.
I have over $2500 in this plane but I've been flying it at the club for about 7 years now. I'm thinking about $1500 bind-n-fly is right on what it's worth but I'm willing to negotiate.
If you are interested in this aircraft or know another flyer who is looking to add another aircraft to their hanger please contact:
Thom Riddle via E-mail at rrccnews@yahoo.com

Thom will be able to set up a time and date for you to view the aircraft.
Thank you,
Steve Althoff
Member of the Reno Club
Specs

Plane purchased new, had one wing with slight damage rrccnews-repaired 4 seasons ago
Typical hangar rash/ wheel pants for plane that's 7 years old and been flown.
Custom cockpit panel
ZDZ 80 engine purchased new for this plane, starts easily, perfect match for plane
Carbon Prop
Tru Turn spinner
Hitec HS5955 Titanium gear servos on all control surfaces
One elevator servo digitally reversed-allows flying on even a 7 channel radio
MPI aluminum servo arms
SmartFly panel with regulator and optical ignition kill switch
Servo on choke acts as backup kill switch
Pin/flag type power switch ("fail"=on)
9 channel Spectrum receiver
LiFe batteries all around
GraphTech Carbon wing tube

Pictures are available via E-mail if you are interested in her.